Pointless doing operations/hms

So i have done EV and karaggas palace. The drops were very lame and bad.

the drops are hardly and upgrades from when i started raiding. My gear is currently a mix of pvp gear/some columi.

Stupid item drops.

Also i got to join a guild run and i joined only to see the content but the items i didnt need on. Quite a shame and the thing is that i knew this and a reason why i dont raid.

Pointless to raid for items when u can get them from pvp/hms/ev. I mean the effort done vs items progression is NOT worth the time.

Now i have been in Ev once and karaggas palace once (normal modes) and im not planning to go there again. just waste of time once u been there.

Unfortunately, i have to agree with OP. Itemization in this game is incredibly lame. If the bosses at least had their own non-token loot that could only be gotten from them, AND was better than T3 gear, then i could see it being worthwhile, but as is everyone is gonna be a cookie-cutter of everyone else of the same class in another month or so. Dont get me started on how ridiculously bugged the operations are...

The worst thing an MMO can do is present it's players with HUGE upgrades after every single raid. Just look at what's happening with the level 50 PvP bracket already. Imagine how much worse it would be if each tier of raiding offered even greater stat boosts. You'd have PvP geared players mopping the floor with non-geared players, and raid geared players mopping the floor with PvP geared players...

No thank you.

-Macheath.

the gear check fight in ev

None of the fights in EV are a "gear check", although the enrage timer on every fight is a minor sort of one.

I really mean this: every single boss in EV normal mode has a strategy to beat it that will work with generic blues and purples at level 49 and 50. If you're treating the fight as a "gear check" as the only way you can beat it, then you have not yet figured out the correct strategy. (It's true that most of them can be bulled through with sufficiently good equipment, but that's not what you're meant to do)

For the OP: normal mode operations and hard mode flashpoints are considered the same tier for loot purposes. You can do either to get your pieces, then progress on to hard mode operations.

(You aren't going to beat the whole operation on hard modes without a decent amount of Columi pieces in the group, but a few of the early bosses are still quite doable - Bonethrasher is the notable one)

None of the fights in EV are a "gear check", although the enrage timer on every fight is a minor sort of one.

I really mean this: every single boss in EV normal mode has a strategy to beat it that will work with generic blues and purples at level 49 and 50. If you're treating the fight as a "gear check" as the only way you can beat it, then you have not yet figured out the correct strategy. (It's true that most of them can be bulled through with sufficiently good equipment, but that's not what you're meant to do)

For the OP: normal mode operations and hard mode flashpoints are considered the same tier for loot purposes. You can do either to get your pieces, then progress on to hard mode operations.

(You aren't going to beat the whole operation on hard modes without a decent amount of Columi pieces in the group, but a few of the early bosses are still quite doable - Bonethrasher is the notable one)

um yes there is . the fight where everyone has 1 min to solo there own mob

The worst thing an MMO can do is present it's players with HUGE upgrades after every single raid. Just look at what's happening with the level 50 PvP bracket already. Imagine how much worse it would be if each tier of raiding offered even greater stat boosts. You'd have PvP geared players mopping the floor with non-geared players, and raid geared players mopping the floor with PvP geared players...

No thank you.

-Macheath.

um actually I was under the impression people with geared PVP - ARE already mopping the floor with non Geared players. That because of the stat boosts to PVP of course.

wouldn't say the council is as much of a gear check as it is a competence check

some people aren't able to maximize their damage 1v1 or survive with a healer, regardless of gear

that said, pretty sure the fight is unwinnable in level 40 greens with no relics

Unfortunately, i have to agree with OP. Itemization in this game is incredibly lame. If the bosses at least had their own non-token loot that could only be gotten from them, AND was better than T3 gear, then i could see it being worthwhile, but as is everyone is gonna be a cookie-cutter of everyone else of the same class in another month or so. Dont get me started on how ridiculously bugged the operations are...

The end game fell flat. Its a lot worse then rift at release. at least rift had some sort of incentive to raid.All in all bioware needs to act extremely fast on the end game and start changing some of the things the hardcore community said 3 weeks ago (this is coming from a casual) I feel for Bioware on this making an MMO is no easy task but they made serious fundemental design decsions that do not translate into longevity and immersion. 2 key compnonents for success.

well first of all you need to do hm's or raids to get rid of youre pvp gear for when you pve. pvp gear is not good for the pve. we had a guildy in full pvp gear trying to do the gear check fight in ev and failed 3 times.

Wrong, usable stats PvP Champion > Tionese and ~ Columi. Champion got some expertise but the overall item budget is well over Tionese. And the fact that Columi got more Endurance than Champion nearly equals it for dps / healers. I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies.

So - NO, PvP gear is not bad for PvE, BADs are bad for PvE. Also the above mentioned "gear check" fight is quite buggy so.....

Wrong, usable stats PvP Champion > Tionese and ~ Columi. Champion got some expertise but the overall item budget is well over Tionese. And the fact that Columi got more Endurance than Champion nearly equals it for dps / healers. I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies.

So - NO, PvP gear is not bad for PvE, BADs are bad for PvE. Also the above mentioned "gear check" fight is quite buggy so.....

You do realize that expertise sacrifices points from another useful stat? How exactly is it better then? Also pvp tier set bonuses are just about useless in pve. Maybe because it's a pvp piece? Ever see the Merc 2 piece pve set bonus? I'm guessing no :rolleyes:

Also your comparison and final summation clearly form the complete picture for us:

I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies

...BADs are bad for PvE[/Quote]

nuff said

wouldn't say the council is as much of a gear check as it is a competence check

some people aren't able to maximize their damage 1v1 or survive with a healer, regardless of gear

that said, pretty sure the fight is unwinnable in level 40 greens with no relics

Yes. The council ensures you can't have any deadweight along, but in normal mode the fight is really easy for anybody who knows how to play their class and is fully equipped with level 49 crafted blues/purples (which are cheaply available from other players, if you can't make them).

You don't need to maximise your damage. You do need to follow some simple rules and not screw up. There is more than enough time to kill them. It's a nice yawn of a fight, right before Soa makes you work for it.

You do realize that expertise sacrifices points from another useful stat? How exactly is it better then? Also pvp tier set bonuses are just about useless in pve. Maybe because it's a pvp piece? Ever see the Merc 2 piece pve set bonus? I'm guessing no :rolleyes:

Also your comparison and final summation clearly form the complete picture for us:

nuff said

Champ. pvp gear is a higher tier than Columi/Tionese is in pve tier so although champ. gear loses some stats for expertise it still will have gerenally higher dps stats than Columi/Tionese.

you see, the gear has these things...they are called mods & enhancements. Sometimes the gear (as it comes) isn't itemized very well, so you can take out the mods & enhancements and put in better ones.

Sometimes even dropping down a tier to get the right stats on a mod/enhancement is still an upgrade...

Lastly...how would it be different if each boss dropped their own loot? In a few months everyone would have the same gear as well. That's what happens, if 30% of the server is clearing all raids each week, then eventually all those people will end up in just about the same gear.

Champ. pvp gear is a higher tier than Columi/Tionese is in pve tier so although champ. gear loses some stats for expertise it still will have gerenally higher dps stats than Columi/Tionese.

accuracy is a pretty nice DPS stat...and one that is almost never on champ gear. I'm sure you're doing really good DPS with your 90% accuracy rate.....