Archaeology...***!?

Voar

I am having some issues with Archaeology. There doesn’t seem to be enough gathering nodes, and when there are nodes they are the wrong type.

I just got done with Tatooine and started Alderan. Tatooine was pretty dang bare. Alderan is a little better so far, but not much. I have scavenging friends and there resources are so plentiful that they will skip a lot of it because they feel it isn’t worth their time. Heck one of my buddies has several stacks of 99 and crafts items to sell directly to the vendor and does very well! I on the other hand, will fight through a sea of mobs to get a precious archaeology node.

So my question are….

1. Is there a sweet spot planet/area that is upcoming to alleviate my concerns?

2. Have any of you been relegated to using Archaeology Missions to supplement as I have(I soo hate to spend credits on green gathering materials)?

I feel your pain. I miss places like the Ruined Jedi Temple on Coruscant. That place was ridiculous awesome for Archaeology gathering! Nar Shaada was decent in the later sections, i.e. the advanced parts. I haven't left Tattoine yet, but I heard there is like one spot on Tattoine that has a few nodes pretty close together. Haven't found it yet though. I'm curious, but I agree, Arch. nodes seem few and far between at times. But then everything on Tattoine feels that way by design. ;)

The sense I get is that Archaeology resource gathering is SUPPOSED to be supplemented by sending your companions on gathering missions. Levelling Archaeology and Artifice together in particular definitely requires more materials than you're going to get from just casually harvesting nodes. Once you're past about level 25 (and have your speeder), sending people on those missions shouldn't be a significant drain on your character's cash flow. It's worked out pretty well for me.

I am having some issues with Archaeology. There doesn’t seem to be enough gathering nodes, and when there are nodes they are the wrong type.

I just got done with Tatooine and started Alderan. Tatooine was pretty dang bare. Alderan is a little better so far, but not much. I have scavenging friends and there resources are so plentiful that they will skip a lot of it because they feel it isn’t worth their time. Heck one of my buddies has several stacks of 99 and crafts items to sell directly to the vendor and does very well! I on the other hand, will fight through a sea of mobs to get a precious archaeology node.

So my question are….

1. Is there a sweet spot planet/area that is upcoming to alleviate my concerns?

2. Have any of you been relegated to using Archaeology Missions to supplement as I have(I soo hate to spend credits on green gathering materials)?

Don't worry about the money, send all you companions on the archaology missions, after adleraan/balmorra you will have alot of creds because of all the quests. (when i was done with balmorra i had over 200k)

I've maxxed artifice/archaeology/treasure hunting and my character is only level 40. The vast majority of my archaeology skill-ups and gathered materials have come from sending my companions out on 'archaeology missions' instead of actual world node gathers. By doing this, my skills were, in fact, ahead of my overall character level. I am not even able to use the things I am made at the end of my crafting because I am not yet lvl 50. The missions are definitely more lucrative than actual world gathers.

The problem with the archeology missions is that most of them do not get you the materials you might always need. For instance, there are 2 level 2 (or 3, can't recall right now) crystals, nextor and eralem. Doing the mission quests for their level will almost always get you eralem. I found it was easier just to go to Nar Shadda and farm there for nextor crystals. I have nearly 400 eralem crystals that I can't use right now, but I can't keep nextor in stock because I have to farm them. Archeolgy missions are the same way. Makes synthweaving a pain sometimes.