Arsenal Stat Distribution Question

Screaming_Ziva

I was looking at this arsenal guide which has been updated for 5.6:

https://vulkk.com/2016/12/30/mercenary-arsenal-discipline-swtor-5-0-guide/2/

I am currently in all 248 gear with all 236 augments and have unlocked all datacrons. They say these are the recommended stats for tier 4 gear:

Tier 4 | 248

Accuracy: ~740 | Critital: ~1850 | Alacrity: ~1550 | Mastery: ~6950 | Power: ~4400

My values are (unstimmed):

Accuracy: 756 (110.20%)| Critital: 1859 (43.53%)| Alacrity: 1281 (14.75%)| Mastery: 6880 | Power: 4426 (71.26%)

Unless I'm missing something, hitting all 5 of these targets at once is not really possible. I'm assuming my stats are fine but can these numbers really be hit?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

The highest level stim gives 240 primary stat and 99 secondary stat. Those are included in the gearing numbers, so yes it is possible to reach those numbers but not with your current setup because none of the stims have alacrity.

Thanks. I totally forgot about Proficient stims. After that and rearranging some enhancements and augments, I got my stats to:

Accuracy: 765 (110.29%)| Critital: 1860 (43.38%)| Alacrity: 1512 (16.30%)| Mastery: 6982 | Power: 4426 (71.26%)

For burst specs I'd go with an alacrity build, which seems to perform better for most classes.

Unlike IO, you don't have to worry about huge amounts of alacrity with arsenal as far as I know, so, would be something like ~1860+ alacrity, ~1564+ Crit (acc stim). Must be more than 1860 alacrity to be actual worth it tho.

Arsenal gives you a alacrity bonus during rotation tho, so you will have to test it to see if its worth it or not.

I only play IO so I can't say for sure.

Give it a go and see for yourself. Works pretty well with Maras, PTs and other classes/specs.

Good luck.

Edited by azamba

tl;dr version right off the bat:

ARSENAL:

109.93% Accuracy (730 rating)

15.42% Alacrity (1379 rating + 3 percent passive)

2044 Critical Rating

1379 Rating gets you to the 1.3 second GCD tier (because Arsenal has a built-in 3 percent alacrity buff)

As far as crit goes, I've had the best success running around 2k for both specs (remember that you don't need to stack alacrity as arsenal because of the passive 3 percent alacrity bonus, which will take you to the next rounding tier by default). You want higher crit as a Merc DPS due to the Advanced Targeting passive.

Your accuracy rating should be 109.93 percent (5 superior accuracy augments). Anything more is a waste and anything less is a bit risky.

Please note that any arsenal or IO parses between November 28th and December 18th (or thereabouts) are going to be about 200-500 dps higher than normal due to a bugged set bonus. In full 248 BiS gear with new augments, you should be averaging around 9350 DPS as arsenal and 9800 DPS as IO. Your high-crit parses should be around 9500 for arsenal and 10k for IO.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

tl;dr version right off the bat:

ARSENAL:

109.93% Accuracy (730 rating)

15.42% Alacrity (1379 rating + 3 percent passive)

2044 Critical Rating

1379 Rating gets you to the 1.3 second GCD tier (because Arsenal has a built-in 3 percent alacrity buff)

As far as crit goes, I've had the best success running around 2k for both specs (remember that you don't need to stack alacrity as arsenal because of the passive 3 percent alacrity bonus, which will take you to the next rounding tier by default). You want higher crit as a Merc DPS due to the Advanced Targeting passive.

Your accuracy rating should be 109.93 percent (5 superior accuracy augments). Anything more is a waste and anything less is a bit risky.

Please note that any arsenal or IO parses between November 28th and December 18th (or thereabouts) are going to be about 200-500 dps higher than normal due to a bugged set bonus. In full 248 BiS gear with new augments, you should be averaging around 9350 DPS as arsenal and 9800 DPS as IO. Your high-crit parses should be around 9500 for arsenal and 10k for IO.

Thought that would be the case for Arsenal. Passive Alacrity in the spec should be enough indeed.

And they fixed the bug December 12th. But it was somewhat 200dps more than it should be. It's still possible to reach around 10.4k, probably a little more with some luck, for IO.