Wait, why did I craft augmented armor again?

supafreak

I've spent allot of time and resources since 1.2 trying to crit various kinds of Synth armor to use and sell. I saved up all the schematics I could find. All fine I make plenty of types, I crit enough for 3 sets for myself and others to sell.

But nobody buy, and nobody else seem to try and sell many either. and Nor do I use, they are in my bank.

Why is this? Because all except WH and campaign set bonuses dont transfer. Meaning I have no need for any of these, my BM gear has to stay the same. Nobody else wants any because they arent silly enough to give up a set bonus. So until myself and everyone else gets the best of the best gear these augmented pieces are pretty well useless. And yet, sabers, swords, guns, implants, relics, are all still viable since they dont need a set bonus. Meanwhile armor makers sit on their thumbs.

wait...so whats the point of having an augment slot at lvl 50 exclusively with the new war hero, or campaign gear? I.e. why would you need the extra stats if you've already conquered the Ops enough to get all the best gear? Why have the extra stats in PVP when you've already done a million wzs and are clearly already geared enough to be on top and afford the war hero gear???? Shouldnt augments be there to you know? augment your gear and help you complete the hard stuff, or give everyone a boost when they need it?

TLDR: Why is augmented armor only viable for leveling and for those who already dont need the extra stats. Why must pretty well every current lvl 50 get screwed on armor and looking how they want?

In addition to this atrocity, you cant even RE existing orange gear that doesnt look like poo and learn its schematic, like they led us to belive. Why would i take a cool looking orange piece of gear over a poo looking one with an augment slot that can take 18 str and 12 end more? Edited by Dasgruberg

I've been selling plenty of augmented orange armor on my server. Granted, I'm not getting ridiculous credits per piece but I usually get anywhere in the 80k - 120k range per piece.

As for set bonuses, it all depends on the class. My main is a Sith Sorcerer and, to me at least, the BM set bonuses don't do anything for my character. I am very happy with all the BM mods in my new augmented orange gear and I look exactly how I want now.

Yeah this is a major issue. If BM bonus sets transferred, we would be able to sell more of our crafted Orange Set pieces that crit. Plus the only way to RE the Orange pieces crafted is by putting in an armor mod of any kind then it will allow you. This is probably a bug because it seems weird how ability to RE an item could just "turn on" by putting an armoring mod on it.

Biggest thing I hate...I CAN NOT get gear as I go through this game and then RE it with my armormech and take it from green to blue to purple and finally to orange....I kid you not I nerf myself intentionally all the time playing PVE quests because I dont need the extra stats from my Raid gear to get through content just so I dont have to wear the Gear these artist made wich looks like it belongs in Aliens vs Predators movie/game and not Star Wars...I wear my mandalorian looking Elite Corpsman or Elite War medic Armor and have ran all the dailies countless times to get the best mods I can get currently to slot in them so I can play this game and actually feel imursed in the world and not feel like I just dropped out of a dropship in some other science fiction freakshow,

All the cool people in the star wars games, movies, cartoons, books etc have had cool looking clothes and armor that had a very star wars feel to it...Even alot of the aliens. The epic gear for Sith inquisitors is a HUGE set of cow horns!? ***!? The Best bounty hunter PVP makes you look lik something That the starship troopers would shoot on site!?

All I want to do is be able to craft my gear throughout the game by modding it and making it better and better...Gather mats spend creds and RE some gear until finally I get a modable verison of gear I actually like and want to wear....Sure I wont be able to make it have set bonuses or be on par with ll the raid gear....Thats a given...Its an MMO and if you dont complete the hardest end game stuff your gear shouldnt be as good as someone who has...But hears an Idea let me make the gear I want to wear modable through a process of REing it until I can have a complete set of matched gear or combine some from various sets to make my own look...

Then if I do go get all that hideious Raid Gear then let me RE it or pull the mods out of it and put that in my gear I made so it gets improved even further. Hell maybe even give me a set bonus if I craft a complete set of gear and put all Raid gear mods in it. but even if you dont at least let me make matching gear that I like and be able to mod it with mods/armor/enhancments that get me to near raid quality so I can run pvp and raids and what have you in the gear Ive worked hard to obtain in game and then harder to RE it all and find all the pieces and make them etc. Instead of being FORCED to run around in something I hate cuz all my stats will suck at end game compared to anyone elses in my raid group or PVP group cuz I want to look and feel cool and fit my mandalorian background and image for my class.

Edited by SargeShadywalker

I've been selling plenty of augmented orange armor on my server. Granted, I'm not getting ridiculous credits per piece but I usually get anywhere in the 80k - 120k range per piece.

As for set bonuses, it all depends on the class. My main is a Sith Sorcerer and, to me at least, the BM set bonuses don't do anything for my character. I am very happy with all the BM mods in my new augmented orange gear and I look exactly how I want now.

The same for me also, i have been selling about 1 pcs of augmented gear a day at 100-125k credits each. While not raking in the creds it replaces having to run dailies for it.

I love how we can't even RE orange gear we craft.

But i do agree with this. It would be nice to be able to RE them to get some of the mats back.

Edited by Vonric

I guess there are a lucky few. I crit about 20-25% of the time, I cant even sell a piece for 100k apparently nobody else dares ask that much on our gtn either, and if I could sell a piece to someone that they could use forever, itd barely cover the costs of the trash i went through to crit. The problem still remains that it's worthless without the set bonuses. They wanted the market to boom in a good way, well make our armor actually valuable before we already have all the content done

Syntheweaving and it's supporting skills have been the biggest mistake I have ever made in a MMO. The halibut is I amlost always become a potion maker, but I just HAD to make my own gear in this game and NOW... I pay.

So envious of Biochem still.

craft/fail

also doesn't anyone realize you can use one piece of augmented gear without losing your set bonus...

/sigh

also doesn't anyone realize you can use one piece of augmented gear without losing your set bonus...

/sigh

As a sniper, my two set bonus is a joke (10 energy refunded on a two minute CD ability). My four piece is decent by lowering my takedown attack by 7 energy....but a raid boss isn't going to stay at 30% health long. I've so far crafted for myself an augmented helmet, chest piece, legs, boots, and gloves. I bought an augmented sniper rifle. The 96ish cunning I've gained from augments has so far been a larger boost than my set bonuses. Once I have my campaign gear I'll even get my crummy set bonuses back.

Sounds like overpricing this stuff may be a common problem. The augmented battlemaster stuff (gloves/boots) should be fetching high numbers, as mats are expensive. But the low level 15-27 stuff you should be able to churn out for a few k credits an item, even factoring in cost of non-crits. My guess is most people aren't buying because they're simply doing it themselves if you're charging 100k+. Or waiting for supply and competition to bring the prices down.

I'd guess I'm selling 6 or 7 15-27 pieces a day at far more "reasonable" prices. (and a couple battlemaster stuff at far less "reasonable" prices) And I consider my server fairly underpopulated.

I love the augmented armor, my Rakata set bonuses have transfered with no problems... but even if it didnt I would be happy with all the extra strength as a Mara I have almost 2100 buffed strength and almost 21k buffed health, its a big difference from pre 1.2 and definately helps in new ops and fp

Sounds like overpricing this stuff may be a common problem. The augmented battlemaster stuff (gloves/boots) should be fetching high numbers, as mats are expensive. But the low level 15-27 stuff you should be able to churn out for a few k credits an item, even factoring in cost of non-crits. My guess is most people aren't buying because they're simply doing it themselves if you're charging 100k+. Or waiting for supply and competition to bring the prices down.

I'd guess I'm selling 6 or 7 15-27 pieces a day at far more "reasonable" prices. (and a couple battlemaster stuff at far less "reasonable" prices) And I consider my server fairly underpopulated.

If it looks somewhat iconic or normal or is level 50 it takes lvl 6 mats ex: fortified electrum greaves : 6 electrum 4 cortosis 8 upari) x 4 or 3 if you're lucky till crit and 100k is barely worth the time, especially since if it looks nice the buyer is a one time customer as they can now use it forever. Selling low end stuff doesnt work either because it looks like it belongs on a low level player, it's really basic, not worth the augment slot for most people. This is armor after all, it's the most noticeable thing on a character.

Being able to make a mint isnt the main issue here, its making enough money to get above the red,it is viability. It's not even worth wearing myself at this point.