SWTOR about to lose another batch of Subs???

Slay_Victus

This server crap is going to cause a lot more folks to turn there backs on this game. Get the F2P people off this server. Subscribers dont need them and dont want them. You are getting my (and every other subs) cash so we can play this game. 2hr queue to get back on a server that crashed? Not for 15 a month. Players will take their money elsewhere.

Only 2 things can happen at this point when you servers are this unreliable:

1) Things change on the SWTOR end i.e. Compensate players when the servers crash, allow character transfers elsewhere, build new servers, put f2p on another server etc.

2) Things change on the Subscriber end: cancel subscription and spend the time/money/energy elsewhere (which a lot of people will threaten but not ACTUALLY do since they've already invested so much of the above in to this game and the Irrational Escalation of Commitment is one heck of a drug...)

At the end of the day, yes we're all Gamers but we're also consumers, and consumers vote with their dollars...

I see your point. However players, even diehard fans can only be let down so many times before they will walk away an never return.

Star Wars Galaxies is a good example of this, Conan is another, but the best example is Tabula Raza. That game failed on so many levels they had no choice but to pull the plug. SWTOR keeps up with this type of track and the same could happen.

Maybe I am seeing things differently here..... but this would be the second MMO I have seen that has gone to the XBOX-style of profit. Coins, points, tokens, whatever to get extras..... Pay to play on a higher profit margin....

Subbers pay $15 a month + more than likely purchase more tokens for stuff you can't buy with credits

F2P gets a limited track to lvl50 and more likely to pay more than $15 a month to get extras....

Cutting 75% of the servers out = saved $$ on maint. and bandwidth...

The devs have put on the brakes to a game that was on the right track.....and in the last 2-3 months have chosen a dollar bill over anything.... I give the game 4-6mos before it drops off the radar....especially if nothing changes...

Subs are already paying.... put them on a server that is exclusive...less traffic....etc.

My .02

As good as it sounds, you cannot put F2P people on a separate server. What happens if they sub because they like the game and are good at it? They would be stuck on a server with a large ratio of F2P players, most of who are casual bads. No fun for them.

Perhaps if once they subbed they could move to a different server, but moving servers seems to be a huge problem for Bioware to handle.

^^ .... and there's the token "you are all crybabies" guy right on time... but....I bet if we went to the Hostess forums, our token champ would have tears all over the Twinkie threads...

For $15 a month...we get the same game we have been paying for.... with more lag and more downtime.... and it's only going to get worse.... so yea.... we are pulling out the box of Kleenex...who wouldn't?

Edited by ZRated
sure

I cant believe i came to back SWTOR to find i cant log in because of FTP people jamming it up.

Who ever thought of letting FTP people on a server with subscribers should be booted up the arse many times with steel toe caps, and then slapped around the head just for good measure. :mad::confused::(

I have seen the downtime due to server down but I have not ran into a single instance of queuing for the Harbinger. I am subbed and even when the server display "Full" I still get in no queue or any other pop-ups. I thought one of the things they implemented was no queue time for subbers.

Maybe there is a bug that is recognizing you guys as F2P instead of subber. Either way, that is bad on Bioware's part.

I wish they would delete this worthless thread, aswell as the other cry baby threads.

So your saying that Bioware whould delete post about people making complaints against a product they pay for?

You must be an employee....or just stupid...probably stupid

Every time I log in this weekend (even with server saying Heavy) I have to wait 20-25mins with a message saying that since I am a subscriber I am higher up in the queue.....

Either way..... I never had to wait before 1.5..... and I wasn't running 65-72m/s from server lag... I went from about 35-40m/s to this since 1.5.... and some zones are so bad I just log.

I played DAoC for awhile (another EA controlled MMO via Mythic) last I played the game was so full of hacks and cheaters it wasn't worth playing anymore, after argueing with Customer Service off and on for about a week the response I received back from EA was in essence telling me "It doesn't matter what you think" (still have the email if anyone wants to read for themselves.

I played that game for close to 7 years and told EA where they could shove the account, haven't played it since.

I have Zero issues doing the same for this account, throwing the Malgus statue on the grill, and putting it up on youtube.

Treat your subscribers with a little decency and respect is all we ask, don't make us suffer for the poor decisions that we didn't make and quit making decisions that lead us to believe that subscribing was a mistake.

I understand that all you care about is money and technically speaking the revenue you receive from F2P is more than that from the subscribers but the number 1 rule in any customer service related field is "It takes 10 positive things being said to negate 1 negative"... are there any subscribers who can make a list where the "positive" is longer than the "negative"?

Only 2 things can happen at this point when you servers are this unreliable:

1) Things change on the SWTOR end i.e. Compensate players when the servers crash, allow character transfers elsewhere, build new servers, put f2p on another server etc.

2) Things change on the Subscriber end: cancel subscription and spend the time/money/energy elsewhere (which a lot of people will threaten but not ACTUALLY do since they've already invested so much of the above in to this game and the Irrational Escalation of Commitment is one heck of a drug...)

At the end of the day, yes we're all Gamers but we're also consumers, and consumers vote with their dollars...

Edited by Darighaaz

Every time I log in this weekend (even with server saying Heavy) I have to wait 20-25mins with a message saying that since I am a subscriber I am higher up in the queue.....

Either way..... I never had to wait before 1.5..... and I wasn't running 65-72m/s from server lag... I went from about 35-40m/s to this since 1.5.... and some zones are so bad I just log.

That's strange. I logged on/off throughout the day on Sunday and never saw a queue. Also didn't see one tonight. What am I missing?

That's strange. I logged on/off throughout the day on Sunday and never saw a queue. Also didn't see one tonight. What am I missing?

Same, I have never gotten this problem and it is not really widespread at all after browsing through a few forums here. It looks like this is only happening to a handful of people. May I suggest you guys check your subscription status? F2P players can post on forums too...just wondering...

I wish they would delete this worthless thread, aswell as the other cry baby threads.

This. We've had very few server crashes, and even when my log in time showed as 2 hours and 45 minutes, I ended up waiting about 5. So much whine and no cheese . . . First you cry that the servers are empty and you can't get into ques for WZ's and FP's, so now you cry that there's too many people. Go figure.

Yeah, no queue for me on the Harbinger ever too - almost makes me wonder if people are getting queues related to the same bug that randomly downgrades a character to Free status that I've seen some people say they got.

I'd rather have a full server than an empty one. I never had issues with small queues once in a while, it could be worse. :) I think I spent several months of both Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich king in an hour-2 hour long queues as well as the first month of this game's launch. I remember logging in, going to a Christmas party, coming home and finding my queue was just about to come up, lol.

Last thing anyone wants is a new server to open up, then become dead again and watch as everyone complains that the server is empty and then have to change their name in a forced transfer.