[BUG] Creeping Terror not Equal to Sage Equivalent

Methanos

Back on topic though, this needs to be tested. Soonerjbd you have a sorc and sage correct? Can you test both abilities in a duel and see which is there is any targeting difference?

I tested this tonight in both PvP and PvE, and I can confirm what Methanos has said.

As a Sage, you can be running away from someone and cast Sever Force. As a Sorc, when you try this it says "Not facing target" in big red letters. This appears to be a bug one way or the other.

Affliction and Weaken Mind can both be cast while facing away from the target, so they are working properly.

Please send a bug report on this in-game. If many people do so, it increases the change they will fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
So, my main is a DPS Balance Sage. I use the capstone skill - Sever Force - as my bread and butter for killing melee classes. On a Sage, this ability can be used omni-directionally, so you can run and root without facing your target.

I have recently levelled a Sorc to 50, and was surprised to find that this is not the case for the Sorc equivalent - Creeping Terror - for which you must face your target to apply the effect.

Now, I have no idea which of these reflects the intentional skill function, but I would certainly hope it is the Sage version. Creeping Terror's uni-directional usage makes kiting players in PvP 100% more difficult, to the extent that it's actually enough to make me rethink speccing this skill altogether. When pounced upon my a Concealment Operative for instance, I run and root... on a Sorc dps, the few seconds you spend turning to root your target can make a world of difference, when distance is key to your survival.

I find it odd that nobody has noticed this till now, unless it's in a thread somewhere which I haven't seen...

Nevermind

Edited by glocklB

The ability can miss. Every one has a base defense of 5% with sorcs having a base of 10% and snipers with 20 while in cover. That means with 101% force accuracy you have a 4% chance to miss on every dot tick on your standard target.

Back on topic though, this needs to be tested. Soonerjbd you have a sorc and sage correct? Can you test both abilities in a duel and see which is there is any targeting difference?

Defense doesn't work on force and tech attacks, only resist do, and resist chance is very rare and never goes above 2% (except for a few seconds when an assassin uses force shroud or the shadow equivalent).

I've said it once and I will say it again, the classes are NOT mirrors. I do no play a Sage but I will trust this OP in what they are stating and am not surprised. It is my PERSONAL experience that the Republic classes are easier, do more damage and are more effective.

Anyone else think it's time for a balancing of factions?

I must disagree with you there.

Back at Launch Jedi Guardians couldn't do even the same amount of Damage as a Sith Juggernaut, same spec, same gear; it was tested numerous times, same with Gunslingers to Snipers, and Commando's to Mercenaries.

It seems instead of keeping to the Mirror, Bioware hit it with a Hammer and its every other patch one Mirror is superior to the other.

• 10 months later...
[...]on a Sorc dps, the few seconds you spend turning to root your target[...]

Few seconds? More like 1/4th to 2/4th of a second to turn and use a skill and continue to the way you were going to. Unless of course...keyboa... keyb... keyboard tur.. Dammit! I can't even type it. I am sure you know what I am getting at. Anyway, hope the classes are balanced faction wise.

:o