Dreadtooth: Lowering the stacks?

I understand that there is an item to raise the stacks, but do the stacks ever go away (aside from a kill)? Right now on Shadowlands he is sitting at 5 stacks. Do we just have to wait for a group to kill him at 5 (or a server reset)? It would be nice if he despawned or lost stacks after x number of minutes.

I understand that there is an item to raise the stacks, but do the stacks ever go away (aside from a kill)? Right now on Shadowlands he is sitting at 5 stacks. Do we just have to wait for a group to kill him at 5 (or a server reset)? It would be nice if he despawned or lost stacks after x number of minutes.

It is meant to go down after a given time or when there are a small number of people in the zone. That said, the respawns/despawns have been bugged since launch, so no one really knows.

It is meant to go down after a given time or when there are a small number of people in the zone. That said, the respawns/despawns have been bugged since launch, so no one really knows.

I remember the in zone part, but expecting a zone with daily's to have a low pop is just silly.

I remember the in zone part, but expecting a zone with daily's to have a low pop is just silly.

Ah, well, once i was on really early in the morning, just around the reset each morning, and there were only 3 people in Section X, maybe 2 at that time. So they do get low sometimes, but i'm not sure if the stacks reset.

Ah, well, once i was on really early in the morning, just around the reset each morning, and there were only 3 people in Section X, maybe 2 at that time. So they do get low sometimes, but i'm not sure if the stacks reset.

They reset it if you kill her and then don't stay in the zone "The Crumbling Wall" other than downing her I don't know of another method.