Maintenance: February 13, 2020

DanielSteed

Hey folks,

A bit of bad news, we are going to be delaying 6.1. We discovered a last minute issue with the patch today that we need to address before releasing it. I don't currently have the new release timing (as we are actively investigating the issue) but I will let you know as soon as I do. This also means that tomorrow's maintenance is postponed and will coincide with 6.1's new date.

Dan is working on getting the patch notes published, we will still put those up before the end of the day today.

Thank you all for your patience, we will get 6.1 out the door as fast as we can.

-eric

May I hazard a guess? It's that Objective Meridian was simply not present in the build of 6.1 on the PTS.

Edited by BenKatarn

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Yea saw but no price for the stronghold nor information if a guild can have more than 2 but oh well, kind of figured that.

We definitely hear you on the request to have more than one Guild Stronghold but no changes at this time.

As for pricing:

Initial Unlock - 4 million credits / 1900 CC

Drawing Room - 900K credits / 600 CC

Guest Chambers - 900K credits / 600 CC

Study - 900K credits / 600 CC

Mountain Retreat - 2.5 million credits / 1200 CC

Northern Lodging - 2 million credits / 900 CC

Western Lodging - 2 million credits / 900 CC

Throne Room - 2 million credits / 900 CC

Balcony Overlook - 900K credits / 600 CC

Hidden Area - 1.5 million credits / 700 CC

Thanks all.

-eric

Hello everyone!

The English patchnotes just went live. Still working on the German and French versions, which will be up by the end of the day.

Noted this item:

• An option has been added to social preferences to auto-decline duel requests.

Finally! After eight years of the game being out there, they added this!

(I think my record is six consecutive requests from the same idiot. He stopped when I announced "Harassment" in /general, which got me some confused comments from elsewhere on the planet. I meant to announce it in /say.)

We definitely hear you on the request to have more than one Guild Stronghold but no changes at this time.

As for pricing:

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks Eric. For guild 5x or 3x can't remember correctly?

What about for Guilds? I assume insanely high.

As for pricing:

Thanks all.

-eric

As for pricing:

Thanks all.

-eric

I know as players we have a choice regarding whether we use CC or credits to purchase strongholds but seriously asking new players (because it will ONLY be unwary NEW players who might buy with CC) to pay these CC prices is most unfair. As a seasoned player I have pleanty of both currency so this is not something that affects me but to a new player you look like you are trying to swindle them.

In my opinion it's always better to delay to quash a bug or deliver a better product, so good luck fixing the issues and everyone will survive another week's anticipation.

But unfortunately the above tells me that I won't be one of those people anticipating anything eagerly any longer. The exceedingly neutral but definitive nature of this reply suggests to me that it's the most effective way to gloss over the fact that the resources simply weren't allocated to exploring this question. And since it won't be true for guilds, I'm certain it's not true for the personal cap either. That means that not only am I still waiting to be able to unlock Rishi, but I won't be able to unlock Alderaan either. I have been a continuous subscriber since beta, but Strongholds are one of the few things still keeping me engaged, and now it seems I'll be locked out of any future Stronghold content indefinitely.

There is no better time to address QOL concerns about Strongholds than during the release of a new Stronghold. If resources can't be allocated to the important Strongholds questions at that point, the ever-rolling-on-to-the-next-update momentum seems like a guarantee it won't ever happen at any other time either.

Not addressing the guild and personal stronghold caps is incredibly short sighted. I was ready to throw more money at you to buy unlocks for more strongholds, and I know I'm not the only one. You are missing a direct profit opportunity here.

Instead, the demoralization I've been feeling since being capped out of being able to unlock Rishi peaks now with Alderaan, and I no longer feel that there's a place for me to invest in Strongholds. At nearly 650k in personal prestige score, having decorated nearly thirty strongholds across personal, guild, and flagships, having put in the years of work to acquire nearly every deco available in the game, maintaining a public spreadsheet database of decos for public use, offering myself as a source of guild donations for all of those almost impossible to get decos, devotedly giving intense PTS feedback since Rishi, and having invested real cash in buying every single CM deco that gets released... after all that, now being told that I still can't access new strongholds because no one has taken the time to revisit a cap that was implemented YEARS ago before a server merge is a sign to me that there isn't a place for a hardcore Stronghold enthusiast like me in your Strongholds mini-game anymore. Ironically.

I look forward to some day being proven wrong, if the question of caps is revisited. Sadly, I'm not holding out much hope anymore, but I'd be delighted to get an 'I told you so' someday. The Strongholds enthusiasts of your game's community have provided oodles of good feedback on your forums over the years, and it has been almost universally ignored (or at least received complete radio silence so that the only conclusion we can draw is that it's been ignored). I hope someday you'll give it more serious attention. Until then, I think that's it for me. Hopefully Alderaan goes well for all the other decorators out there; fingers crossed for you that some of the PTS suggestions make it in.

Any adjustments for Gods Master Mode?

Or is the removal of the Veterans Edge stacks intended?

Because i dont get the point to buff old content.

Yes, I would like some acknowledgement of the intended fix or at least a timeline. I mean I get immediately removing the Veteran's Edge stacks even with the unintended consequence of leaving it harder than it was on tier to the point a majority of people who cleared in 5.10 wouldn't be able to reclear. Because it was either a case of VE undertuning it below the other NiMs or a kneejerk reaction based on a few. I want it at 5.10 difficulty personally, shove VE in a closet for all I care, but it was about stopping clears hopefully because it was too undertuned to provide the 5.10 level challenge.

Gods from the Machine has to be at 5.10 difficulty at least. It's not about providing a challenge to the fraction of original clearing groups who could maybe squeak out a kill, while the rest under current conditions would basically be running around with easier achievements. There was a big rush to kill the operation on tier and now it looks like all those players rushed and killed it when the raid was easier. That's not how on tier raids are supposed to work.

Nightmare/Master Mode raiders might be fewer but simply leaving a raid in a broken, overtuned state for months on end without any acknowledgement isn't fair to a community that went without a new raid for years. Put your efforts into making Dxun NiM something challenging that we can be proud we beat on tier in terms of making content harder.

Edited by AllisonLightning

Hey folks,

A bit of bad news, we are going to be delaying 6.1. We discovered a last minute issue with the patch today that we need to address before releasing it. I don't currently have the new release timing (as we are actively investigating the issue) but I will let you know as soon as I do. This also means that tomorrow's maintenance is postponed and will coincide with 6.1's new date.

Dan is working on getting the patch notes published, we will still put those up before the end of the day today.

Thank you all for your patience, we will get 6.1 out the door as fast as we can.

-eric

It's all good ! Some folks will complain regardless. Better to sort things out as much as possible before release.

BTW... it would also be nice to continue due diligence sorting out some of the bugs that have been around for a while.

Yeah … I know … it's frustrating and a royal pain !

For whatever it's worth... waiting is the best choice !!!

(IMO)

So... first they say that 8.1 will be like hearts and minds, which means no new zones, no new FP, nothing but some cutscenes and conversations.

And then they still manage to screw something in it so bad they have to delay the patch without ETA.

I swear, it's like there is some super-secret competition among game devs in who can screw up the hardest and these guys are dead-set at winning it.

Seriously, each time I think they can't sink any lower... they manage to surprise me.

As for pricing:

Thanks all.

-eric

8900 CC to fully unlock, nice :D

Same day as Anthem overhaul announcement lol. Not a good look Bioware, for either SWTOR or Anthem

Anthem needs to die, permanently, no one asked for a destiny clone and this is the SW game most popular ip on the world and yet they keep focusing on a dead horse, I really do not understand those people at publisher building, you can make tons of money with a star wars game already, why focusing on a broken and forgetten game instead?

Thanks for that. It means a lot to hear that you're aware of particular requests.

Might I ask if the devs are working on the guild flagship lighting problem, since they're fixing the sound issues?