Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

ThomasCool

so just to make sure again for the energy part (going to try to add that in soonish)

energy/s = base/(1-alacrity) or is it base*(1+alacrity) ?

or do the energy ticks happen faster?

GCD/Cooldowns/activations = base/(1+alacrity)?

T.

Edited by ThomasCool

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so just to make sure again for the energy part (going to try to add that in soonish)

energy/s = base/(1-alacrity) or is it base*(1+alacrity) ?

or do the energy ticks happen faster?

GCD/Cooldowns/activations = base/(1+alacrity)?

T.

Energy is base * (1+alacrity)

It still applies every second (i'd prefer constant ticks that are closer together but whatever)

so, for example, a TK sage with 10% alacrity would generate 8.8 force/sec before also counting the bonus regen from tk bolt

Thanks man. That cleared that up. Btw, can you get me some plasma parses?

T.

It will be a little delayed, as Im about to run off to uni, and when I get back I'll have about -30 minutes to maintenance, but I'll get em to ya tomorrow.

so i was playing around with the raid debuffs and could never get pulse cannon (it's amazing, a channeled ability affected by 3 debuffs) to match up to what my gear would say.

0 debuffs (no spec) - matched perfectly;

1 debuff (aoe from plasma) - worked again

2 debuffs (+ plasmatize 5%) - works if you make them multiplicative

3 debuffs ( the dummy sunder amor) - only works if you make it 1.15*1.07 instead of (1.1*1.05*1.07)

granted, it's like 6 extra damage per non crit tick. I just thought it was interesting (and annoying)

T.

Kwerty, I threw some imaginary SR and FR relics on your toon stats and got 4834 avg parse (still without the adrenal obviously). Is that anywhere near close?

T.

P.S. here are the new tactics results

https://github.com/tomcool420/swtor-simulator-matlab/blob/master/Simulations%20Results/Kwerty_results.md

Looks like my average with the old reusable adrenal TBH.

Then again, RNG is RNG. Putting my gear into my model ends up with ~4900 DPS, and that assumes perfect apm, so it does look about right

so i was playing around with the raid debuffs and could never get pulse cannon (it's amazing, a channeled ability affected by 3 debuffs) to match up to what my gear would say.

0 debuffs (no spec) - matched perfectly;

1 debuff (aoe from plasma) - worked again

2 debuffs (+ plasmatize 5%) - works if you make them multiplicative

3 debuffs ( the dummy sunder amor) - only works if you make it 1.15*1.07 instead of (1.1*1.05*1.07)

granted, it's like 6 extra damage per non crit tick. I just thought it was interesting (and annoying)

T.

I can probably help a little with this. I've tested stacking on sages

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8134767&postcount=6

I know it's not for vanguards, but the debuffs stack the same way on all abilities of other classes I've tried - Overwhelmed is multiplicative, while Assailable, Vulnerable, Susceptible, Beatdown and Marked are additive (not 100 % sure for the last three). Armor debuff (Sundered) works a bit differently, but it's effectively multiplicative, not to much surprise.

You'll still have to check every discipline talent manually if it's additive or multiplicative. At least they affect all abilities in the same way - the form is always

sundered * (additive talent 1 + additive talent 2 + ... + assailable + vulnerable + susceptible + beatdown + marked) * overwhelmed * multiplicative talent 1 * multiplicative talent 2 * ...

Obviously the abilities only benefit from a selected group of talents/debuffs, I just included all to illustrate.

The 2p set bonuses of 2 classes I've tried were additive (2 % damage for 15 seconds).

There's also a bug with Training Dummy Debuff Module

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=786798

Hope you find this helpful.

Good luck with the project. I'm looking forward to see more disciplines!

sundered * (additive talent 1 + additive talent 2 + ... + assailable + vulnerable + susceptible + beatdown + marked) * overwhelmed * multiplicative talent 1 * multiplicative talent 2 * ...

Thanks for that i'll check it again a bit - the sundered debuff i'm pretty is simply handled in the boss DR calculation

And small update, added AP and found a small mistake in Cell Burst coefficient. In addition i had the simulation enter combat on first damage (which is fine if you first ability is XS or Gut) but not if it's Assault Plastique.

Edit... Ah that bug explains what i've been seeing more than anything else

I'm gonna see if i can get some people on my ship to confirm it (again)

T.

P.S. Amusingly, for ONCE, i won't have to redo Tactics calculations since they only every benefit from 1 or 2 raid buffs

P.P.S Kwerty after fixing the GCD and the cell burst coeff, 4780 mean

Edited by ThomasCool

So when dealing with a class that uses a lot of procs (eg shadows), Especially when trying to replicate parse rotations, does it make sense for example to assume that every time a force breach is used in a parse, it's at 3 stacks? Anyway i added that option :p. Also Infiltration now works AND for some reason clairvoyant strike seems to get a 5% dmg boost out of nowhere on the tooltip (and the parses)

T.

So when dealing with a class that uses a lot of procs (eg shadows), Especially when trying to replicate parse rotations, does it make sense for example to assume that every time a force breach is used in a parse, it's at 3 stacks?

For the most part, I believe so. There are exceptions though. All three of the tanks have procs that they don't gate their rotation on (i.e. a shadow tank will use Project without Particle Acceleration, a vanguard tank will use Ion Storm without whatever-the-heck-the-proc-is-called, etc). Not sure if tanks are interesting here though. :-D

I believe that pre-3.0, Vig/Veng used to use Blade Storm/Force Scream on a semi-regular basis without both stacks. I'm not sure if that's still true though.

TK, Balance and Serenity all use Mind Crush off-proc in their openers (actually, I think that Balance might use Vanquish; not sure). That's a very special case though and does not come up at any other moment in the parse.

Assault very specifically avoids using the insta-cast proc on Serrated Bolt (instead it is used on Charged Bolts).

That's all I can think of off-hand. I feel like Plasmatech has some weird non-gating procs (off of Ion Pulse), but I don't know for sure. Fortunately, Kwerty is here. :-)

Thanks what mainhand do you run? a 198? a 192 i'm guessing with 2708 tech power

P.S. i kept wondering why the parsely MH hit average for aimed shot was so low ( it counted an oh hit as mh)

T.

Edited by ThomasCool

KBN, i have a question for you.

If someone parsed a rotation with a certain gear AND that spec has a significant sub 30% boost, how would i go about estimating the DPS for a parse with better gear based on a parsely parse;

My idea was to run the simulation twice... the first time to get an approximate number of HP the dummy would need with the new gear (so don't stop at 1 mil) and then run it again.

Any opinions?

T.

For the most part, I believe so. There are exceptions though. All three of the tanks have procs that they don't gate their rotation on (i.e. a shadow tank will use Project without Particle Acceleration, a vanguard tank will use Ion Storm without whatever-the-heck-the-proc-is-called, etc). Not sure if tanks are interesting here though. :-D

I believe that pre-3.0, Vig/Veng used to use Blade Storm/Force Scream on a semi-regular basis without both stacks. I'm not sure if that's still true though.

TK, Balance and Serenity all use Mind Crush off-proc in their openers (actually, I think that Balance might use Vanquish; not sure). That's a very special case though and does not come up at any other moment in the parse.

Assault very specifically avoids using the insta-cast proc on Serrated Bolt (instead it is used on Charged Bolts).

That's all I can think of off-hand. I feel like Plasmatech has some weird non-gating procs (off of Ion Pulse), but I don't know for sure. Fortunately, Kwerty is here. :-)

The proc you don't know the name of is Pulse Engine / Flame Engine

Anyway, plasmatech had this situation between patch 3.1.1 and patch 3.2, where Pulse Cannon had 3 stacks, but barely even had the resources for 2, which screwed everyone over. Since you don't need 3 stacks anymore, and Plasmatize is 5 energy cheaper, this is no longer an issue.

Anyway, 5 parses incoming in about half an hour

UPDATE

Parses: http://parsely.io/parser/view/32692

Edited by TACeMossie

KBN, i have a question for you.

If someone parsed a rotation with a certain gear AND that spec has a significant sub 30% boost, how would i go about estimating the DPS for a parse with better gear based on a parsely parse;

My idea was to run the simulation twice... the first time to get an approximate number of HP the dummy would need with the new gear (so don't stop at 1 mil) and then run it again.

Any opinions?

T.

I think I don't understand the core problem here. Is there a reason you can't just run the simulation with the new gear and the 1 mil dummy?

While I could (and have), i feel like it's a bit of a misrepresentation.

Since the parse would go faster, it would look like people start using the sub 30% abilities lower (25, 20, 15?). Also, people tend to changeup the end of the rotation a bit when the boss is about to die.

For example, even a 2WS gunslinger will switch to 3ws at the end and use a speedshot or 2 dirty blasts instead of reapplying dots.

I feel like just going doing what you proposed would actually understate the DPS gain from better gear.

T.

Edited by ThomasCool

So i got saboteur finally working... (I'm complaining here in the hopes someone will commiserate).

between the debuff exploding on damage (sab charge), a stacking debuff only exploding on weapon damage (contingency charges), the stacking dot (first one i programmed in). It was an interesting programming experience

T.

P.S. Kwerty i'll set to testing your plasma rotations in a little - i need to bike a bit to clear my mind