Melee DPS in PVE? Reroll.

Sorry we're not bringing any of you to the new FP/OP because Bioware hates your very soul and the fights are 10x easier with ranged. I thought it was bad with old content, but the first boss in both LI and (especially) EC just **** all over melee. Are they doing this on purpose? Was being melee too easy? Maybe it would make sense if melee has much higher DPS than ranged, but they dont.

If this trend continues the bosses in 1.3 will just teleport you straight out of the instance if you're in melee range and don't have a shield.

I'm not DPS, I'm a tank that's sick of dealing with encounters that equates to slamming a door on my member because my friends rolled melee classes.

Edited by Havocx

Have not tried Denova yet but we had tried the LR-51 or whatever its called droid in Hard Mode Lost Island. We had a Sentinal and a Scoundrel DPS with a Sage healer and a Guardian tank. We tried all kinds of strats for 2 hours to kill that thing with no luck. We kited it around, we interupted every cast of his incernerate and his plasma whatever its called attack and those expanding balls still hit the floor even with us interupting everyone.

Kiting seemed the best strat for it with melee but it was still really hard considering we all had columi and rakata gear. I tried to play Scoundrel ranged and just had to Sentinal stand with me and had tank sit in the middle, but he soft enraged so we couldn't do it that way but I could see how the mechanic worked with ranged. If we had 2 ranged in there as geared as our melee it woulda been dead with np with that strat, like easy dead with no effort but having the range move everytime one of those domes is cast on them.

So ya that fight is heavily ranged. Considering that 5 of 8 dps are melee to midranged 10m dps and only 3 are max range DPS I can't figure out why they would want to tilt a fight so heavy in the range DPS favor. Especially when ranged dps really have no penalty for fighting in melee range.

Have not tried Denova yet but we had tried the LR-51 or whatever its called droid in Hard Mode Lost Island. We had a Sentinal and a Scoundrel DPS with a Sage healer and a Guardian tank. We tried all kinds of strats for 2 hours to kill that thing with no luck. We kited it around, we interupted every cast of his incernerate and his plasma whatever its called attack and those expanding balls still hit the floor even with us interupting everyone.

Kiting seemed the best strat for it with melee but it was still really hard considering we all had columi and rakata gear. I tried to play Scoundrel ranged and just had to Sentinal stand with me and had tank sit in the middle, but he soft enraged so we couldn't do it that way but I could see how the mechanic worked with ranged. If we had 2 ranged in there as geared as our melee it woulda been dead with np with that strat, like easy dead with no effort but having the range move everytime one of those domes is cast on them.

So ya that fight is heavily ranged. Considering that 5 of 8 dps are melee to midranged 10m dps and only 3 are max range DPS I can't figure out why they would want to tilt a fight so heavy in the range DPS favor. Especially when ranged dps really have no penalty for fighting in melee range.

I ran it with 3 melee as well, same classes as yours, Guardian with half rak half columi tanking, columi sentinel dps, I was full rakata scoundrel dps, and columi sage healer. We wiped once, but you just have to kite all around the room, and constantly be on the move.

I ran it with 3 melee as well, same classes as yours, Guardian with half rak half columi tanking, columi sentinel dps, I was full rakata scoundrel dps, and columi sage healer. We wiped once, but you just have to kite all around the room, and constantly be on the move.

Is your party not over geared for a run that drops mostly columi? LI drosp columi and one rakata piece. Thats worse than a HM operation yet it's actually harder. If you want a challenge good for you but for those not so advanced and looking at the rewards you would think the fight would be possible with lesser geared groups. Which it dosn't seem to be so theres no point running LI for anything other than a challenge as the drops are pointless for the groups getting through it. Either increase the number of modes, i.e bring in a Nightmare mode for flashpoints or make normal mode equal to a HM with rewards similar to a HM, maybe columi main weapon as the final boss drop.

Now we're being really silly.

Contrary to popular belief, the middle platform is not this holy "thou shall not tread upon" ground for anyone that's not a tank. If a non-tank is on it, is there a chance for the lightning rod to land? Yes. But the tank can also move the boss if this happens. Which is kinda what the tank is suppose to do when bad things are on top of him.

It's almost as if people think the tank is glued to the ground.

Yes, ranged are favoured (for fairly obvious reasons) but there isn't a problem with melee here.

Now as for EC? There's no problem with melee here.

Zorn and Toth? The melee stick on Toth. Problem solved. Even if you have 4 melee DPS (lol) if you understand the mechanics properly, this also doesn't cause a problem.

The tanks? No favourtism whatsoever. None.

Are we all playing the same game here?

Is your party not over geared for a run that drops mostly columi? LI drosp columi and one rakata piece. Thats worse than a HM operation yet it's actually harder. If you want a challenge good for you but for those not so advanced and looking at the rewards you would think the fight would be possible with lesser geared groups. Which it dosn't seem to be so theres no point running LI for anything other than a challenge as the drops are pointless for the groups getting through it. Either increase the number of modes, i.e bring in a Nightmare mode for flashpoints or make normal mode equal to a HM with rewards similar to a HM, maybe columi main weapon as the final boss drop.

how is that over geared? all the other HM FP that drops columi drop mostly tionese and 1 piece of columi at the end. and most ppl who do those have tionese or equivalent and some columi. who the hell goes into those HM w/o even daily mods? daily mods are 50 and tionese are 51, which is the majority of the drops in HM FP. you do those HM for the last boss' drop not every drop.