post-50 armouring

Right guys and girls :D

I’ve recently reached level 50 (yeah, I know, im a bit of a noob) but what I want to know is all about the Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear, I’d also like to know about the black hole and dread guard/ hazmat gear. :confused:

The kinda stuff I want to know would be things like how to get the Comms needed to get the gear, or how to get the gear itself. Also what would be a great help is if someone could tell me how the Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Black Hole and Dread Duard/Hazmat gear compares to the Recruit, Battlemaster and War Hero PvP gear, all help will be greatly appreciated. :D

To get pve gear you need to grind pve content, like:

1) Daily hm via Group Finder (for BH comms)

2) Raghoul Weekly (BH/Daily comms)

3) BH Weekly (BH/Daily comms)

4) EV/KP sm via Group Finder (BH/daily comms)

5) EC sm/hm (BH comms and Rakata/BH/Campaign pieces)

6) EV/KP hm/nim (Columi/Rakata pieces)

7) FP hm (Tionese/Columi/Rakata pieces/Daily comms) ; Rakata pieces only in LI hm

8) HM Weekly (Tionese/Columi /Daily comms)

9) Dailies (gives dailies to buy epic pve relics)

10) TFB sm/hm (Rakata/BH/DG/Hazmat pieces and BH comms)

The main difference between pve and pvp gear is that the pve gear has better stats than the corresponding pvp gear of the same level. Yet the pvp gear gets an edge in a pvp environment due to significantly increased performance with high expertise numbers.

there is a nice diagram at Dulfy's

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pvegearing1resized1.png

For more in-depth information:

the article it's taken from

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/13/dailies-and-pve-gearing-in-1-2/

and some more for 1.3

http://dulfy.net/2012/06/25/black-hole-comms-and-gearing-in-1-3/

the information may be obsolete somewhat as there were written back then and we're now 2 big patches later, but it'll give you a nice overview.

Hi all!

I'm still a fresh 50, because of many alts and lack of time :(

Still have some questions about progression order:

so when i get to 50, i had all blue mods in my orange set

doing dailies i get purple 50 and 51 mods (from Heroics on Illum and Belsavis and for daily commendations), as far as i know - 51 mods are the same as in Tionese/Xenotech/Energized items fallen from HM Flashs?

So fully equipped in purple from dailies - can i run operations for Columi gear or still better do HM first?

and what 's the proper order of HM Flashs and Operations from easy to Hard? Which could be done first and which later, especially for a fresh player?

In purple daily mods you can run Storymode EV or KP operations, and all HM FPs except Lost Island.

All Tier1 HM flashpoints are quite similar in difficulty, so your best bet is to use Group Finder to queue for random one and get 5 BH comms. But don't check Lost Island HM - it's Tier2 flashpoint.

For operations, you need to start with EV and KP storymode, and then hardmode. All other Ops are of higher difficulty.

The tiered gear for PvE looks like this... Tionese<Columi<Rakata<Black Hole/Campaign<Haxmat/Dread Guard

The proper progression is to first acquire purple mods and armorings from dailies, then do Tier 1 hardmode flashpoints and story mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace (although you can really get away with blue mods for most of the HM flashpoints now that they have been nerfed). This will get you Columi gear. Frankly, you can get a full set of columi in a day or two now that group finder has made it easy to speed run HM flashpoints repeatedly.

With columi gear, you can run the Tier 2 HM flashpoint Lost Island, along with HM Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace and SM Denova and Terror from Beyond. These encounters all drop Rakata gear. You should also continue doing daily HM flashpoints and weekly missions for black hole commendations. These will get you black hole gear, which isn't itemized as good as campaign gear, but the armorings and mods can be mixed and matched to be equal to campaign gear.

With rakata and hopefully some black hole gear, you can start doing hard mode Denova to fill out your black hole/campaign set. Then you can do hard mode Terror from Beyond and soon Nightmare Denova for your Dread Guard and Hazmat gear. Hazmat is to Dread Guard as Black Hole is to Campaign. Equal level but not itemized as good.

Also, regarding Energized, Exotech, Black Hole and Hazmat gear... these pieces carry armorings and mods of the same level as the tiered gear (Energized = Tionese, Exotech = Columi, Black Hole = Campaign and Hazmat = Dread Guard), but they do not carry the set bonuses you get from wearing the tiered pieces.

Once you get campaign gear, you can rip out the armorings, put them in whatever gear you think looks best and keep your set bonuses. The set bonus is tied to the shells for Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear, but it is tied to the armorings for Campaign and Dread Guard gear.

The proper progression is to first acquire purple mods and armorings from dailies

That may be true, but the set of recruit gear you get for free when you hit 50 on the combat training district of the fleet allows you to completely bypass this step, as its probably better than daily modded/tionese gear :p

Edited by Meepbot

That may be true, but the set of recruit gear you get for free when you hit 50 on the combat training district of the fleet allows you to completely bypass this step, as its probably better than daily modded/tionese gear :p

It's not better. It's slightly worse. But it's sufficient for the nerfed Tier 1 HM flashpoints. Although if I am doing my daily HM in my optimized BH/Campaign gear and I get matched with a tank in recruit gear, I'm going to shudder and say a few curse words.

New 50 as well.

I get confused on the PVP lvl 50 starter gear that everyone refers to. The PVP vendor sells both (1) blue armor (with no mods) and (2) sets (which I haven't bought yet) that appear to be orange slotable gear with no mods. Also with the orange slotable gear, there is a ranked and non-ranked version.

When everyone talks about PVP starter gear for level 50, they are referring to the blue armor, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Payx
typo

When everyone talks about PVP starter gear for level 50, they are referring to the blue armor, correct?

Yes, the Recruit set is blue.

You do not need to buy it, when you are 50 take the quest "New Technology" (or something like that) from PVP fleet terminal and got a reward immediately

• 2 months later...
Now you get enough tionesse to almost get the enitre set excpet for one item(which running some Tier 1 HMs can get that fast) then fill whats left with recruit until you replace with columi or rakata. Thats what Im doin and I healed a HM EV in All Tionesse w/ a few recruit and 1 columi piece and now I have 2 Rakata and another columi :)

I recently got to my Shadow to 50 as well...

Used the free Tionese Comms to get everything but my Saber.

Then equipped the free Recruit stuff everywhere else. Saber, implants, relics...

So basically, I scrapped everything I'd owned at 49, and now I'm wearing the free stuff instead.

Now I'm gonna work on Columi, but it looks like you can get BH Comms along the way, and potentially skip Columi and/or Rakata if you just get enough BH Comms.