View Single Post

Syroe
02.12.2019 , 02:02 AM | #9601
I've been creeping this thread since juggernauts with aim pieces on were still a thing. Figured I'd contribute:

1. Lost Island HM: The Ministry of Silly tactics forms
I queue on my merc healer(unaugmented 230s, but hey! I'm sure it will be fine). Immediately get a pop. Zone in to Lost Island with 3 players geared up to their nose: 252 jugg tank, 252 assassin dps, 246 marauder. Obviously everyone's done this before. Obviously. Nothing to worry about. We breeze past everything up to the droid; at which point our tank takes charge of the proceedings by quickly kiting the droid around the room, while the two dps religiously drop their thunder circles wherever convenient, ignoring the adds and breaking LoS with me every chance they get. Interrupt the incinerate? HA! That's why god gave healers a short cooldown on cleanse. Tank dies when the boss is at around 45%. By the time I got off my combat rez, the marauder has melted and the Sin has gone into stealth leaving me with the aggro. We die. This is the conversation that went down after:
H(me): Tank, why do you keep running around the room?
T: To avoid circles.
H: Ok, but you're not really getting any circles and because 75% of the group is melee you're making it difficult for the dps to...you know, do damage.
T: That's how I always tank this boss.
H: Fair enough, but it's clearly not working in this particular situation, can we maybe try a different tactic.(you know the one)
T:Just keep me alive.
Wellp, we ran back in. And we ran around the room at least 3 times. The boss died, while probably thinking that this was the weirdest encounter he's had in ages.

Onward to Sav-Rak.
First try: First Sav-Rak smash, assassin decides to test if force cloak can save him from the punt. It does not. He lets us know in chat that he thought it would work, I internally question my life-choices.
Second try: We survive the smash, he jumps up to the pipes, they all spread out to the consoles. I notice only the marauder is channeling his. I politely inquire why in the glory of satan isn't everyone channeling theirs. As I'm furiously typing, someone dies. My bad. I apologize and kindly ask everyone to just channel it rather than try to impress everyone with their strategic timing of the channel. I get told to heal more, talk less; which in that particular circumstance was a fair point.
Third try: We down him after what felt like a million smashes and pipe juggling.

It was at this point that I had a flashback to the start of the flashpoint:
T: are we doing bonus?
D1: sure
D2:yea, why not
H:yeah I'm down(oh how young and naive I was).
I notice that they're religiously doing the consoles, so there's no chance for me to go "damn, guys, we missed one, maybe next time!". On to the disgusting popsicle it is.
First try: Everything seems fine until the stalactites(or whatever) start raining down on us, at which point, holy mother of predation and force speed do the bolt. Which is a bold strategy that worked, in that they took no damage. It was also an idiotic strategy because they also did 0 damage to the boss in that phase and all the subsequent falling phases until the boss enraged and wiped us.
Second try: I humbly suggest that I don't have either the ability or the gear to heal through more than 20 seconds of enrage and that, for the sake of everyone's repair bill they might want to consider running around the boss and throwing an ability or two his way, seeing as how they're all instantly cast. To everyone's surprise, it worked, the popsicle died(as did a bit of my soul) and we were off to our appointment with Dr Lorrick.

First try: Tank standing in circles? Check. DPS eating satchel charges? Check. When Lorrick would disappear and the kolto tank became attackable, only the Sin would bash it, while our glorious huggernaut would stand there looking menacing. 5 tanks in, we push him to the flaming rakghoul phase. Tank proceeds to get stunned, dies. Demands rezz as I'm trying to get enough distance from the flamers. Gets rezzed. Force-leaps to a burning rakghoul. Dies.
T(our resident scholar): I'm sorry but we don't have the necessary healing to beat this fight.
H: (x) Doubt
T: -disconnects-
D1(marauder):-disconnects-
D2(sin): queue us again, we got this.
I figured I'd already wasted what felt like a decade of my life(only 90 minutes in realtime) so why the hell not. We queued. We got a level 52 jugg tank and a fresh 70 sorc in 167 gear. We went over tactics before the pull and we managed to down him in 2 tries.