Gunnery Commando lvl 50 Pug PVP

wishihadaname

A few big disclaimers before anyone starts foaming at the mouth and spewing rage.

-This is not a "Buff commandoes" thread

-This is not a "Commandoes are fine" thread

-This is not a representation of every possible situation against equally geared and played players

-I make no comment on the state of balance in the game overall

-This is a "Gunnery can be fun, functional and potentially deadly in the right hands in a non ranked match" thread.

-Yes I use a rifle, yes I know it decreases my damage, no I don't really care. Don't like, don't watch.

That said, here is a quick video I put together of some Pug games i've played recently. All of the matches are full pug vs full pug and for the most part i'm playing without support from teammates while trying to help the team as much as possible. I put an emphasis on my 1v1 and 1v2 encounters to demonstrate some possible ways of fighting back and maybe even winning a match.

Enjoy, and feel free to leave any constructive feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2wGMXXwxE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by wishihadaname

I use a rifle on my gunner commando and healing spec commando as well. I hate the heavy weapon look, and the dmg difference is only about 4min-125max damage loss.

Rifleman > Heavy Weapons

IMO =)

Pretty much this. I don't like the looks and feel of the cannons, their animations are very clunky and their models only come in 3-4 varieties. I think a rifle goes much better with how I play my mando anyways.

As far as what would help the class, honestly I don't think we need any more mobility, and I would even go so far as to say we don't need cast protection. What we need, if we are to fill the role of turret, is some serious defensives and countermeasures. I really like the looks of the supposed changes in the expansion. Having the electronet would be a huge buff for my playstyle (as you noticed I like to kite), on top of that a double dose of tech overrides on a shorter cooldown and the ability to absorb a tech/force hit with diversion. That is all I would need to go from annoying threat to battlefield menace. That is in pugs anyways. I suspect that our dps and utility won't earn us any ranked spots, though personally I could care less about ranked.

Stopped watching the SECOND you didn't have an assault cannon:

- Strong self nerf to your class

- Assault cannons are cool

- You are not fooling anyone by using a rifle

Why U no use Assault Cannon?

Please read the OP before complaining.

-Yes I use a rifle, yes I know it decreases my damage, no I don't really care. Don't like, don't watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2wGMXXwxE&feature=youtu.be

Also, if you actually watched the video you would see a 10k full auto. I'm not exactly certain in what way you could call that gimped.