Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

Vorpaledged

As a major Lore head, I can say that it's not the Black crystals that bug us. Black crystals are totally acceptable. It's when people ask for the Darksaber, the unique, ONE-OF-IT'S-KIND legendary lightsaber, that gets my Nerd Rage running. The Mandolorians stole it from the temple and have kept it hidden until the Clone Wars. To suddenly see it on the Cartel Market or seeing thousands on the fleet is not just lore breaking, it's very tacky and trivializes the value of the Darksaber. Not to mention that if the Mandos were discovered to possess the most powerful lightsaber in the galaxy this whole time and not hand it over to the Sith, Mandolore would have burned to cinders and every Bounty Hunter would be killed on sight.

Black crystals: Cool. People have been trying to recreate the Darksaber's power for centuries. It makes sense to see them.

Darksaber: Not cool. You should not have one. Breaks lore into billions of pieces and I will not play a game were Lore is treated as such.

Yes, I would love a pure black crystal myself, but have seen some people using the darksaber as a reason not to do it, which is why I said ultra-rare, but if people want it as a regular directly buyable crystal, great, do it.

Edited by AlexDougherty

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they ought to retire the orange-yellow crystals currently on the CM and replace them with pure black ones. I would even be cool with a slight price bump to try and slow market saturation. but I have to agree that it would be nice to see more cool stuff (like the new pr-3 mount and thermal retention set) just go straight onto the cm rather than being yet another rare drop from a pack.

I'm not requesting a Pure Black Crystal for lore purposes, I am not even interested in 'The Darksaber' for that matter. I want one because I think it would really be desirable to most players and also would go really well with my armor colors (Deep Gray/Black). Being the Collector that I am, would like to own a few, as long as they are BoE. I'd even like to see a Black-White one like some of those previous screenshots.

They need to make a white black instead of a black white. Or whatever the reverse of the current one is. Pure black is the absence of light which makes zero sense for a lightsaber.

Lightsabers already make zero sense. As does artificial gravity and instant interstellar communications.

Lightsabers already make zero sense. As does artificial gravity and instant interstellar communications.

True, lightsabers work on principles already discreditted, and Artificial Gravity has no scientific basis other than we wish we could do it. Instant communication is theoretically possible though, but only between to pre-established points, you need a match set of molecules that respond to each other irrelevant of how far apart they are, but it's only theory at this point in time.

True, lightsabers work on principles already discreditted, and Artificial Gravity has no scientific basis other than we wish we could do it. Instant communication is theoretically possible though, but only between to pre-established points, you need a match set of molecules that respond to each other irrelevant of how far apart they are, but it's only theory at this point in time.

So since the whole game is fantasy, I think we can tolerate black lightsabers.

/signed

I would love to see this, I mean their were a number of mods for KotOR 1 & 2 back in the day that added all sorts of color cystals, black included, as well as pure white, pretty sure I still have them, not sure been awhile since I played either one. Anyway, this would be great, please consider it.