Best Starter Planet

FlippinFlapJack

I've played all the starter planets several times and I was interested in hearing what everyone's favorite starter planet is. Here is my opinion from least favorite to most favorite (Apologies for the spelling):

If you haven't played all 4 starter planets, there are spoilers in here.

4. Ord Montell - Its not horrible until I get to the moon base volcano thing. The whole mission series is just annoying. Especially with the hovering robots attacking for 30 seconds after the mob is dead.

3. Hutta - Probably the least visually appealing planet in the game. The whole underworld feel of the quests is a nice touch and I love storming the palace.

2. Tython - Visually appealing. Fun and interesting quests. Good dialogue and music. The flesh raiders really don't make a lot sense but they are tolerable.

1. Koroban - Everything about this planet immerses me in the game. The scenery, the music, the NPC's, the back stabbing and especially the kneeling guards in the Sith academy. The tombs are creepy too.

Hutta is my favorite - obviously not for the scenery. I just feel the quests there are the most fun and interesting. Also I admit it may have to do with the fact that it was the first thing I ever played and therefore feels somewhat nostalgic.

Korriban and Hutta.

Gotta admit I have a soft spot for Tython. My 1st toon was a consular, and during launch week with everyone level with each other we ran around in lines checking out every little rock and shiny object to be found.

"What's that?"

"I dunno, let's kill it!"

And 20 level nothings who hadn't figured out their controls yet would mob it to death, half of us dying of course.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I think Korriban's my favorite, practically for looks alone - it has the most impressive scenery, despite the limited color palette. Lucky I like sandstone. Gigantic ancient monuments with planets and Star Destroyers hanging in the sky, yes please! Now this is podra-- er, Star Wars.

I'm pretty fond of Hutta, never mind the scenery, since hunters and agents are right up my alley, just the kind of stories I enjoy. Plus my girlfriend's fondness for Chiss has rubbed off on me, so if I didn't like Hutta that would just suck for me until my main hits 50, wouldn't it.

Tython is just ludicrously pretty and pastoral, flowers and sunshine and rainbows in waterfalls. One of my favorite looking cutscenes is just before you wrap up your class quests there, where your consular stands in that field and your companion walks up behind you. And for both planets, it's nice to be running around training to be a Jedi or Sith, even though I never particuarly harbored a soft spot for them before - but these are my Force users, you know, so I"ve grown attached.

Ord Mantell is my least favorite so far, though I admit this is the one planet I haven't actually leveled something off of yet. It's nice enough, I guess, but ugh, just another war-torn planet with soldiers and skirmishes. There's enough of that it the game already without having to start there, too. At least the designated planets of scum and villainy have some changes in decor going on to keep things from getting too monotonous - bogs, neon lights, and sand dunes, you know? But like I said, I have a weakness for such goings-on... and the glorious sunset on Balmorra won me over to that outpost planet, at least. But I'll see how I feel once I get a trooper or smuggler to Coruscant; plus if my girlfriend ever gets me to play KOTOR (hey, I started liking this Star Wars thing a little late), the jukebox in Fort Garnik might win the place some points.

Edited by spookysage

Korriban.

And the sad thing is that they did'nt do MORE with the planet.

This is one of the planets that should have been involved with ALL the chars. A raid for the pubs, and ALL chars on empire side should have had something substantial there.

My opinion of course.

Then again, I think ALL the starter planets should have reasons to go back to them again and again.

i actually think Ord Mantell is my favorite. maybe it's because it's where i leveled my very first toon, and the smuggler quest line there is what got me hooked to the game. whenever i roll a new smuggler or trooper, i always have fits of nostalgia.

Korriban is so-so. the music is awesome, and i thoroughly enjoyed the inquisitor story there. but....all it is is ruins. and they all look the same. at least you get a change in scenery on Ord Mantell.

Tython is so purrty, though i agree that the flesh raiders were kinda random. i liked the Twilek pilgrim village and felt sorry for them. made me feel good to bridge the gap between them and the jedi.

Hutta is probably my least favorite. wanted to shoot Nem'ro in the face as a BH. hated what i had to do there as an IA. i pretty much associate this planet with sour feelings.