new player help suggestion

Hunterkat

Didn't see a suggestion forum so I'm putting this here. At the end of the starting planets there needs to be a mission that sends the player not only to the fleet but to the advanced class trainer. So many new players miss the mission givers right off the elevadors and someone is always asking where to get their advanced class, I've even seen new players on the next world wondering where to get it. I know it's a common sense thing, you get off the elevador and there are mission givers right there, but some people just need a little push in the right direction. Edited by Hunterkat

It's a great idea and defiantly should be involved in the class quest line. Been noticing it a lot lately as well. I could understand new players missing it as they may feel it's a flash point or higher level quest than what they think they could handle.

So yeah, before putting the green marker on the elevator to Dromund Kaas/Corrusant, that quest should be highlighted first. They probably miss the crew skill/social point quests as well but that really isn't as big a deal as the advanced class quest is.

After 8 - 10 levels if someone hasn't yet figured out that the "Triangle Symbol" indicates a quest giver and there are two of them as soon as you step onto the main deck of the fleet. One for "Advance Class" and another for "Crew Skills" and "Social Points"..... Well I just don't know what to say. Sure BW can throw up another tutorial but most people turn those off as soon as the first one pops up.

Not everyone has been playing SWTOR since launch or think that new players just need to figure this stuff out for themselves. There are multiple stumbling blocks that new players run into and many miss those mission givers when they leave to elevador, the next mission in their log is to go to the next planet and says nothing about doing anything on the fleet.

Three big questions that new players ask are , "How do I reset my skill trees", "what crew skill goes with x", and this one. This one is by far the easiest to fix by just adding in a mission between go to the fleet and go to the next planet.

I am new to star wars myself, have only been playing a few months, but the first thing I do when reaching a new area, any new area, is open the map, I'm sorry but this is basic. If players stopeed rushing so much, like this is a race to reach level 50, they might not miss so much, just enjoy the game.

The other problems you mentioned like resetting your skill tree and which crew skills go best with which class, I agree, can be problematic. I will always try to give a answer if I know it and they ask on chat, sometimes get called a troll, but I do try to help, even with silly questions.

Didn't see a suggestion forum so I'm putting this here. At the end of the starting planets there needs to be a mission that sends the player not only to the fleet but to the advanced class trainer. So many new players miss the mission givers right off the elevadors and someone is always asking where to get their advanced class, I've even seen new players on the next world wondering where to get it. I know it's a common sense thing, you get off the elevador and there are mission givers right there, but some people just need a little push in the right direction.

I keep having similar issues. I was on Balmorra (Imperial) the other day and was overwhelmed by requests for help by newbies who had rushed through areas and not leveled up. To add to the problem, they were German players and therefore did not understand when I tried to explain that they needed to go back to Dromund Kaas and get their levels up. They were even wearing Lvl 11 grey kit! I finally found a German-speaking player who was able to help me explain to them, and they did go back.

But you can't blame Bioware: they give a tutorial at the beginning.

Edited by ElyonRand