DPS Set for Darkness Spec?

adayamothrawn

Hi,

I've come accross this neat little guide on dulfy (http://dulfy.net/2017/01/22/swtor-5-0-darkness-assassin-pve-guide-by-mostly-harmless/) which suggests that you should use the stalker set while being darkness specced. The reasoning is that the survival set provides only little additional survivability, while you get a noticeable dps increase.

Thoughts? Viable line of thinking for PvE? And for PVP?

Thanks

Just think it over. The 2 pc set bonus gives you 2% DR for 3 secs, this is not gonna save yo butt. The 4 pc set bonus lowers the cooldown of your Taunt. This could only save yo fellow tank's butt. The 6pc set bonus extends the duration of Deflect. Now this can save yo butt. But Deflection is on 1 minute(?) cooldown, so think about in this timeframe.

So in conclusion, the Sin tank set bonus is really not something that enhances your survivability, so why not go for a DPS one? :)

Mostly, if you read this, thanks for the guide. Not that I didn't know all of this (but well, you never know, so I always so read stuff like this), but it made my day. Had a good laugh. I literally never need this long to read a class guide, simply because I was rofl'ing:D Edited by Torvai

In addition to set bonuses, how is Darkness using the DPS stats for "casual" play? Maybe not team content, but Heroics and Chapters and such?

I've been quite happy with a mostly DPS hybrid build for mostly-solo things. I go 500ish absorb/shield and the rest in crit/alacrity. It works quite well.

I don't think I'd suggest tanking in this setup for intense groups, though. But, I don't do that, so I can't say it wouldn't work.

Due to crate-drops of 240- and 242 Tank-armorings I already had, I created a dps-set for my sin, including lethal mods, adept / quick savante enhancements and tank-set-armorings. I accidentely tanked Raptus & Council NiM today with this set and didn't realised it before we went to Revan afterwards, where I wanted to change into DPS-set before Core-phase. DtPS as Bestia-Tank where ~1.000 higher than in tank gear.

My question in this case is: What are the optimal stats with this gearsetting? (Adding implants and relics and dps-augments)

I also read about using the stalkers set with tank-enhancements. I will test it the next days, when I find some armorings in my storage.