Oh Duplicity!

Xethis

What do you guys think is more likely, they moved Duplicity with the objective of preventing Madness from being able to use this skill?

Or is it more likely they feared that with the new Conspirator's Cloak would be way too over powered with the Induction and Duplicity talents making Darkness Assassins the most OP class in the game?

Or both?

It's because people complained about Darkness being able to use it in tank stance in PVP.

This was and still somewhat is my number one change that I hate. Conspirator's cloak is decent but I would give it up any time for duplicity again.

You can say thank you to those people with an IQ below average saying things like that: Tank and 23/1/17 assassins in dps gear are OP please nerf their dps spec...

Every other class are saying stuff like that: Your tanking tree is too overpowered you deserve the nerf to your DPS trees

But pvp wise the tank trees got a buff in 2.0 so people will cry for a new nerf to our dps builds to be 110% sure every assassin roll the tank tree in pvp aka the OP build lol and it will continue forever.

Edited by Philelectric

Anyone that thinks Conspirator's Cloak is a buff to pvp is out to lunch. From my perspective, it was put in for the PVE crowd, because any decent pvp Sin Tank can get into position to use Maul already. As it stands now, Maul for Darkness Sins is a glorified Thrash that might occasionally crit for a big hit ( I saw 4k hits, but not very often).

I'd take the Jugg's Sonic Wall over this stupid ability any day of the week. The phase walk healing circle is still up for debate, but I feel it's once again more for PVE. Honestly, the only buff I really see in the Darkness tree is from Hollow. That 25% damage reduction will be nice to have.

Edited by thefishdude

And anyone unable to see the buff to the tank tree is out of lunch like you cant even imagine. Getting a 25% damage reduction mixed to a 15% heal (5% higher than live), a better force management plus the buff to tankng stats (can shield force and tech attack) plus the self healing. Now an assassin specing into darkness can use a dps of a tank gear. in 2.0 the burst is lower but the substained dps is a lot better in darkness so a tank specced assassin with a shield is veru powerfull even if imo, tank gear will be better for this spec in 2.0.

Also, if the ttk is higher, the self healing from 3 stack force lighning wil be stronger and if you have assassin shelter and manage to fight on your phase walk every single heals of force lighning and overcharged saber are going to be 5% stronger. 5% is not that much but when you are full tank gear and are constantly healing, its obvious how the build have been buffed. In 2.0 you are very hard to kill and you can self heal and if you are in trouble---> shroud+ force cloak+ Seethe and restart the fight. Also, if you are guarding a node and a solo attacker come, you can mind trap him so he wont cap while you heal. And if you have at least 1 brain cell you'll heal out of sigh.

In 2.0 a good tank assassin with all his CDs wil never loose a node 1v1 unless the backup never show up.

Well pure tank build and survivability as a whole (mainly due to the shields being fixed) definitely got some nice buffs. However the hybrid tank build was nerfed by quite a bit.

They really really really need to put duplicity back in the first tier, or second tier at least. It really isn't that OP at all. Even less so now with all the buffs other classes have gotten. Conspirator's cloak of course I could see being more useful in PVE as a tank but not in PVP.

And anyone unable to see the buff to the tank tree is out of lunch like you cant even imagine. Getting a 25% damage reduction....

???

Have you ever look at the new tree?

Live: Stasis - Increases armor by 20% and allows Spinning Kick to be used while out of stealth mode.

2.0: Stasis: -

Martial Prowess -Spinning Kick to be used while out of stealth mode

Nice buff!

And anyone unable to see the buff to the tank tree is out of lunch like you cant even imagine. Getting a 25% damage reduction mixed to a 15% heal (5% higher than live), a better force management plus the buff to tankng stats (can shield force and tech attack) plus the self healing.

Anyone that can't read a post and understand what's said is out-to-lunch. I never said Sin Tanks weren't buffed. I even specifically mentioned the 25% damage reduction as a huge win and I said the verdict was still out on the AOE heal (I still think it's more for PVE though given how fluid a wz landscape is, but it has potential).

Now an assassin specing into darkness can use a dps of a tank gear. in 2.0 the burst is lower but the substained dps is a lot better in darkness so a tank specced assassin with a shield is veru powerfull even if imo, tank gear will be better for this spec in 2.0.

Sin Tanks have always used dps gear; so, there's nothing new here. As for the shield, ALL TANKS ARE GETTING THIS BUFF; so, this wasn't a "buff sin tank and nerf sin dps" move.

Also, if the ttk is higher, the self healing from 3 stack force lighning wil be stronger and if you have assassin shelter and manage to fight on your phase walk every single heals of force lighning and overcharged saber are going to be 5% stronger. 5% is not that much but when you are full tank gear and are constantly healing, its obvious how the build have been buffed. In 2.0 you are very hard to kill and you can self heal and if you are in trouble---> shroud+ force cloak+ Seethe and restart the fight. Also, if you are guarding a node and a solo attacker come, you can mind trap him so he wont cap while you heal. And if you have at least 1 brain cell you'll heal out of sigh.

Aside from phase walk and sin shelter (which is still up for debate on how useful it is in pvp), everything you said is already true in Live. You can vanish out now, meze them and heal up. Nothing new here.

In 2.0 a good tank assassin with all his CDs wil never loose a node 1v1 unless the backup never show up.

Once again, this is true in Live right now. A Darkness Sin with all his CDs should never loose a 1v1 or at worst, hold them off long enough for help to arrive.

Oh yeah, I like how you're overlooking the 20% armor reduction too. That's some buff.....

Edited by thefishdude

meh 20% armor reduction but dark ward has more charges and gives up to 8% absorb rate for up to 20 seconds...

Since now all force and tech attacks can be shielded it balances itself out

Internal / elemental damage ignores shield chance but it also ignored armor so... the only issue is against critical hits (as a crit cannot be shielded) but since most classes got a nerf to crit rating this less of an issue

And that 25% damage reduction is sweet...if you mix it with deceptions dark embrace shield you could have some brief moments where your right down unkillable (for when running a ball in HB..not that we needed any more buffs in that department with phase walk lol)

And as we all know in PVP its all bout burst damage burst healing and burst survibility

...(for when running a ball in HB..not that we needed any more buffs in that department with phase walk lol)

And as we all know in PVP its all bout burst damage burst healing and burst survibility

Has anyone tested out running a Huttball with Phase Walk? Specifically, setting up a phase walk node near the goal line, running the ball and then teleporting straight in while still carrying the ball? Or do you drop it like you would if you used stealth while carrying the ball? If so, I could definitely see that being used (and abused).

Has anyone tested out running a Huttball with Phase Walk? Specifically, setting up a phase walk node near the goal line, running the ball and then teleporting straight in while still carrying the ball? Or do you drop it like you would if you used stealth while carrying the ball? If so, I could definitely see that being used (and abused).

You drop it if you use phase walk with the ball. You can't pass the ball to yourself either.