Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

vicadin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSA: One thing worth noting for people is that although 244 = 242 stat wise in the big picture, there are some differences worth noting when deciding which individual piece to keep if you have a 244 and 242 piece of gear or weapon.

Armorings/Hilts/Barrels: 244 > 242

-Armor Rating & Force/Tech Power are based on the numerical rating of the Armoring/Hilt/Barrel slot. Since 244 is the larger number, it is the better option. Although it has the same Mastery & Endurance as 242, it will provide more K/E Damage Reduction and Bonus Damage/Healing due to the higher Armor Rating & Force/Tech Power. Also 244 is significantly cheaper to rip and repair than 242 due to the item qualities.

Mods: 242 > 244

-244 mods are A type mods meaning they have higher endurance and mastery than non-lettered mods but lower power. For this reason, the Bonus Damage/Healing gained from a 244 A-type mod sits between a 234 Purple & 236 Legendary mod making 242 significantly better than 244. The higher endurance is a non-factor for DPS/Healers and should be ignored.

Enhancements: 244 >= 242

-Statistically speaking 244 and 242 are 100% identical in every way as far as your character's performance is concerned. The one thing 244 has over 242 is rip and repair costs. Legendary gear costs a significant amount to repair or rip from a shell where as Blue Prototype quality is fairly cheaper to rip and repair.

Great job on the stats.

Although the Alacrity seems kind of like a waste for infiltration at 1600+. I was already thinking about dumping a lot of it into power or something at 1400, maybe going for 1200 Alacrity.

Thoughts everyone? I'd appreciate some advice.

~ Eudoxia

Do you want to attack more often, or have bigger hits?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

UPDATED (04/21/2017) - ... Since ilvl 244 gear is the same as ilvl 242 gear, please refer back to Bant's Optimal Stats for KOTET.

Bant's numbers for 242 rating for Telekinesis are as follows:

Mastery 6637

Power 3694

Critical 1792

Alacrity 1363

Accuracy 743

While Mastery and Accuracy should be easy to achieve with 244 item modifications and augments, I'm not sure how the Power attribute can be raised to 3694 using 244 Mods. Remember that Power value has to be achieved without Crystals, Augments or Stim. The 9 Mods (102 each) and 7 Enhancements (151 each) provide 1975 Power; where do we get the remaining 1719 from?

It'd seem worthwhile to run a separate 244 rating simulation.

Bant's numbers for 242 rating for Telekinesis are as follows:

Mastery 6637

Power 3694

Critical 1792

Alacrity 1363

Accuracy 743

While Mastery and Accuracy should be easy to achieve with 244 item modifications and augments, I'm not sure how the Power attribute can be raised to 3694 using 244 Mods. Remember that Power value has to be achieved without Crystals, Augments or Stim. The 9 Mods (102 each) and 7 Enhancements (151 each) provide 1975 Power; where do we get the remaining 1719 from?

244 mods are A mods so they have less power but more mastery/endurance. The amount of power you lose is not worth the trade off, just never use them. 244 enhancements are exactly the same except the cost less to repair/pull out. 244 armorings/hilts/barrels have the same stats except provide more armor rating/tech power/force power so they are very slightly better but not by much. There really isn't a need for a 244 simulation since there would be too many things being substituted for lesser rating (but better stats) gear (all left side and mods).

244 mods are A mods so they have less power but more mastery/endurance. The amount of power you lose is not worth the trade off, just never use them. 244 enhancements are exactly the same except the cost less to repair/pull out. 244 armorings/hilts/barrels have the same stats except provide more armor rating/tech power/force power so they are very slightly better but not by much. There really isn't a need for a 244 simulation since there would be too many things being substituted for lesser rating (but better stats) gear (all left side and mods).

I agree about the 244 Mods being underpowered and so on. No argument. That is what Hellhog said above and what I quoted numbers to say in my post.

I don't agree that there is no need for a 244 simulation. An update to the Original Post claims 244 is same as 242 and we know that is not true. For that reason there is value in a separate 244 simulation; it will provide additional information. That a 244 set is not ideal is an entirely different matter. A 244 simulation would be analogous (in some ways) to the 234 simulation run by Bant.

So I guess then my question is what are you expecting to see? More Endurance and Less Power? If the 244 enhancements are exactly the same as the 242 enhancements wouldn't you still use the same distribution (i.e. 1 x Accuracy Enhancements 3 x Accuracy augs)

I understand that Armor Rating has gone up but from 242 to 244 the number doesn't go up enough to drop defense...

And to be completely honest, I did run the 244 numbers...and I will give you one guess on how it came out.

[The 9 Mods (102 each) and 7 Enhancements (151 each) provide 1975 Power; where do we get the remaining 1719 from?

You're forgetting Ear (316), implants (316x2), and relics(102x2). Also, the 244 mods are "A" mods, and have less power (-63) than than the 242 non-lettered mods.

Edited by kunderam

I understand the mechanics of it, but it's not gonna make a big difference on infiltration at that point.

~ Eudoxia

As long as you don't put every available point into accuracy nothing is making a big difference these days. As long as you have some alac and some crit ^^

And while alac has it's benefits, its usefulness rapidly goes down the less uptime you have(as you know), so I'd say it depends on the circumstances. For PvP I'd go more for crit/power/mastery. For PvE, follow these stats. A few hundred points more or less won't make or break your dps ;)

Edited by Torvai

@fire-breath - in Bant's original posting for KOTFE, he lists out all the assumptions of which he states that the simulation is for attacking the Operations Target Dummy. There is no downtime for that type of simulation.

• 3 weeks later...
Continuing Bant's good work, I have taken on updating his spreadsheet. I will update this post shortly.

UPDATED (04/20/2017) - Using 5.2 live numbers. My apologies to the healers. I was using single target calculations to determine the Optimal Stats. Bant used 3 targets for his calculations so I have adjusted the numbers to use 3 targets.

UPDATED (04/21/2017) - Updated post #4 to show Mastery stim stats for ilvl 248 gear. Since ilvl 244 gear is the same as ilvl 242 gear, please refer back to Bant's Optimal Stats for KOTET.

Hey :) i think some of your numbers/stats distribution might be off. I didntcheck all specs, but for example both Watchman and Combat are missing 1 Crit enhancement there. In post for 248 says watchman should have 1831 crit from 2crystals,2E and 11Augs, but that gives exactly 1600. Same thing for combat.

Hey :) i think some of your numbers/stats distribution might be off. I didntcheck all specs, but for example both Watchman and Combat are missing 1 Crit enhancement there. In post for 248 says watchman should have 1831 crit from 2crystals,2E and 11Augs, but that gives exactly 1600. Same thing for combat.

The two 248 relics give 66 crit each (132 total) and the accuracy stim gives 99 crit for a total of 231 crit. No missing enhancement there. :)

Continuing Bant's good work, I have taken on updating his spreadsheet. I will update this post shortly.

UPDATED (04/20/2017) - Using 5.2 live numbers. My apologies to the healers. I was using single target calculations to determine the Optimal Stats. Bant used 3 targets for his calculations so I have adjusted the numbers to use 3 targets.

UPDATED (04/21/2017) - Updated post #4 to show Mastery stim stats for ilvl 248 gear. Since ilvl 244 gear is the same as ilvl 242 gear, please refer back to Bant's Optimal Stats for KOTET.

Thanks very much for taking this effort on!! I'm excited the see the July patch changes.