Purple Color Crystals!

Merciin

Where are they!

I can't seem to find any weapons available via commendations/honor that have a purple crystal in them and I haven't seen anything as to whether or not you can find them through Achreology/ make them using Artifice.

Anyone?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest thing I've seen is a random Sith elite that used a double-bladed purple lightsaber (and used it everytime after respawn). Maybe there are a lot of NPCs that use them, but I haven't seen them. Obviously an NPC using it doesn't mean anything, but that's the best I've got. :p

Where are they!

I can't seem to find any weapons available via commendations/honor that have a purple crystal in them and I haven't seen anything as to whether or not you can find them through Achreology/ make them using Artifice.

Anyone?

I've seen countless NPCs with them, but I've never seen one that us players can use.

Which is kinda aggravating because I want to use them on my Jedi Sentinel's Lightsabers. :mad:

Are they a high-level Artifice Recipe or do we have to get them through other means?

I've seen countless NPCs with them, but I've never seen one that us players can use.

Which is kinda aggravating because I want to use them on my Jedi Sentinel's Lightsabers. :mad:

Are they a high-level Artifice Recipe or do we have to get them through other means?

I just got a purple Krayt Dragon Pearl. Hopefully it's used in the schematic for one.

Edited by Owsley

I already went through my artifice trainer and didn't see any

Someone had said that some quests give them to you

Only ones ive seen so far are the pvp champ sabers but they dont use mods.

I ditched artifice a long time ago cause i gave up on finding them. Endgame gear looks to be superior to crafting anyway. As far as my cybertech modding has seen.

Edited by AngryWeaponX

Where do you get an orange crystal anyway? Which world? And are all crystals dropped or can you make them?

I got an Orange one from I beleive inside a lightsaber during an Essles run at lvl 13.

You can make them and yellow crystals much later. And that is what I would like to add to this topic. I have only just at level 16 decided to see what schematics are available later to an artificer. And I find blue, red and green are NOT high end at all. The high end ones are orange and yellow (though you can get both at earlier lvls., as drops).

So what is with that. Strange to make purples elusive, stanger to make the three classics be outdated, when they are the favourites of many.

I think Samuel L Jackson had it in his contract that Lucas couldn't use purple sabers for any future MMO because it would detract from his excellent performance as Mace Windu.

hehe, well that os up fpr debate elsewhere, though a bit latr seeing as how you could easily get purples in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I know the latter is Obsidian not Bioware. But one thing I noticed, was that in KOTOR 2 we could get all kinds of variation. I had a sliver one, and we had odd light green available too.

Still though, if purple is only avaiable in PvP seems a but of a jip. I know people who hate PvP, who would like purples. Mind if they republic they can raid if what I am seeing here os right, which would be ok by some, in republic. But the idea a purple, cyan or ornage or yellow is better than a high end red, blue or green still seems odd. Guess what I am saying is I would rather a choice in what colour crystal my high end saber has, if I have gone to the trouble of getting there, or raiding.

Edited by Lodestar

I got an Orange one from I beleive inside a lightsaber during an Essles run at lvl 13.

You can make them and yellow crystals much later. And that is what I would like to add to this topic. I have only just at level 16 decided to see what schematics are available later to an artificer. And I find blue, red and green are NOT high end at all. The high end ones are orange and yellow (though you can get both at earlier lvls., as drops).

So what is with that. Strange to make purples elusive, stanger to make the three classics be outdated, when they are the favourites of many.

hehe, well that os up fpr debate elsewhere, though a bit latr seeing as how you could easily get purples in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I know the latter is Obsidian not Bioware. But one thing I noticed, was that in KOTOR 2 we could get all kinds of variation. I had a sliver one, and we had odd light green available too.

Still though, if purple is only avaiable in PvP seems a but of a jip. I know people who hate PvP, who would like purples. Mind if they republic they can raid if what I am seeing here os right, which would be ok by some, in republic. But the idea a purple, cyan or ornage or yellow is better than a high end red, blue or green still seems odd. Guess what I am saying is I would rather a choice in what colour crystal my high end saber has, if I have gone to the trouble of getting there, or raiding.

Right now, we don't know a single source for Purple... or White... or the Black-Blue or Black-Red (all found in the torhead.com item database). Purple has like 80 crystals. Cyan has 3. White has about 70 as well. Black-Blue and Black-Red are 3 each too. And no known sources.

Red/Blue/Green all start at green-level patterns, crafted up to the end of Artifice. Yellow starts as a blue pattern, but is equal to the primary colours in stat value if you reverse engineer them up to a blue as well.

Orange has as many listed crystals as Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Purple/White do, but at least has 4 skill 400 Artifice schematics listed.

There is also Magenta, which has 3 schematics, and 3 actual crystals, all at skill 400, but they come from actual schematics to learn.

The highest level crystals, the Advanced (Colour) Intrepidity/Lethal/Resonating, are all +41 to either Power, Critical, or Endurance. And colour doesn't dictate which is stronger. Every known colour has the same highest-end crystal. So, if you like Green, you can get Green with the best stats, just as you can Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Magenta, and (presumably), Cyan, White, Purple, Black-Red, and Black-Blue... or any other colour they have hidden on us.