Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

"Alliance can you hear me! This is A-Dog and you are listening to the Alliance Public Holo bringing you the truth no matter how bad it hurts.

Given the bad news that surrounds us lately, it is time for a lighter side. Let's begin with rumors. Some say that our Commander has feelings for yours truly.Haha!

I can neither confirm nor deny. However I think it is clear to all that they are a firm believer in redemption. Without that I would not be here, with you, fighting the good fight.

On an unrelated note, Vette will be taking over APH duties over the next few days. Why? Wouldn't you like to know!

And now. Some Music."

Sorry I just love Fallout and everytime I hear Arcann I'm reminded of Three Dog.

Glad you guys are finally getting your Arcannmance. Enjoy!

Edited by EightiesMonkey

Charles said on Twitter that both genders get to romance him, so he isn't female only. The only ones who can't are the ones who killed him!:)

He deserved to die.

All that Jedi rubbish about everyone is redeemable is not realistic.

And people don't just change like that from evil dictator to good guy in a couple of months, it is a bit hard to suspend disbelief that far.

He deserved to die.

And people don't just change like that from evil dictator to good guy in a couple of months, it is a bit hard to suspend disbelief that far.

A lot is hard to suspend in a fantasy game. what Valkorion's family went through isn't something we can grasp in real life either. Especially Vaylin's torture.

If you feel like he deserves to die there isn't anything I can say, you got what you wanted in your story. Please let us who actually like Arcann do the same. :)

Soooo... how does everyone think it will play out?

I honestly have no idea how far they're willing to take it! I think he must still be aware of what is actually going on in the story, even if he may not directly play a part in it. I wonder if the romance will be part of the new expansion? I used to think 5.5/5.6 but I'm not so sure anymore.:rak_02:

Edited by Eshvara

He deserved to die.

I bet you hated that Vader, in the space of about 15 seconds, decided to betray the Emperor to save his son and that Luke was right about there still being good left in him.

At any rate, hey, in your games Arcann is probably dead so you don't have to worry about this at all.

I bet you hated that Vader, in the space of about 15 seconds, decided to betray the Emperor to save his son and that Luke was right about there still being good left in him.

At any rate, hey, in your games Arcann is probably dead so you don't have to worry about this at all.

He is dead for most of my Sith but my Jedi stay true to their ideals realistic or not :)

I have never really been sure how I felt about the Vader situation.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

He is dead for most of my Sith but my Jedi stay true to their ideals realistic or not :)

I have never really been sure how I felt about the Vader situation.

There are a few completely irredeemable characters in the SW universe. Pretty sure there was no way Valkorian or even Vaylin would have been redeemable. They *liked* the way they were. Whether it was Vaylin's fault or not (because of the abuse she suffered) she truly seemed to enjoy just plain hurting people and causing suffering.

I'm guessing first flirts in Copero story? I mean, there's only 1 more story update after that, the 3rd final Flashpoint in early 2018 and then presumably long break before expansion so there's really no time/room left. And if Arcann romance wasn't on the cards until the expansion in mid/late 2018 then they wouldn't announce or confirm it this early on Edited by Pietrastor

About the Arcann still being evil and just pretending to be good thing, I don't believe that's true. I truly think he has been cleansed of darkness. For one he had plenty of opportunity to try something and he didn't. His perfect opportunity was in the throne room while you were incapacitated by Valkorion. He could have easily killed you or popped you back into carbonite. Senya would have sided with him over you. Second those Voss rituals are some powerful business. They heal the sith inquisitor's fractured mind, tell the future, help protect the imperial agent from future brainwashing, etc...I think they could have gone a long way in undoing his corruption with your character giving him a second chance and his mother's support doing the rest. Third, in SWtOR with force users at least darkness is physically visible on a person. When we meet Arcann he has corrupt/sith/DS eyes of yellow and red. After he's redeemed, his eyes are his natural blue. Fourth, our characters are incredibly sexy and he would definitely give up his evil ways for a chance at a piece of that :D

Second those Voss rituals are some powerful business. They heal the sith inquisitor's fractured mind, tell the future, help protect the imperial agent from future brainwashing, etc...I think they could have gone a long way in undoing his corruption with your character giving him a second chance and his mother's support doing the rest.

I wish the consular had the option to offer to try to heal Arcann using her unique technique. (No, not that sort of "special healing," I mean the ability she gets during chapter one of her class story. :p ) My consular is the shiniest of lightsiders and always want to help people turn their lives around. From the start, she pitied Arcann because of the influence the Emperor had on him. She always would have preferred to get him fighting on the right side against Valkorion, turning him away from the destructive and tyrannical path he was on. When Senya saved Arcann, though, her only conversation options seemed to be 1) very hostile, or 2) reservedly suspicious. There was no 3) enthusiasm for saving Arcann and offer to help. I mean, beside the Voss, the consular probably literally had the best chance of actually healing Arcann. I would understand if Senya felt like she just couldn't take the chance that the consular's offer might be a lie, but at least we should've had the opportunity to make it.

For the sake of plot, even if the option had been available, it's possible that the consular's healing wouldn't have worked. It doesn't work on the president of Balmorra because his psychological damage is due to torture rather than Force corruption. So I guess it depends on what one thinks the nature of Arcann's corruption is. I feel like it's something at least partially Force-related, because of his eye colour change. At the same time, it seems partially psychological, associated with certain powerful feelings of his that twisted over time... But aren't those two things really related from a Star Wars point of view? Anger, hate, dark side, etc.

I don't thin Senya would have sided with Arcann had he betrayed us again. Not after us risking our lives to save him in chapter 1 and trusting her. He would have been Vaylin number 2 to her.

oh that would have been the saddest thing :(

Yeah, he was the only child she believed she could save in the end. I think it would have destroyed her had he fallen into his old ways again.

I don't actually know if I agree with that. A mother's love can be very strong indeed and if committing genocide on half the galaxy doesn't do it, then what will?

Once you're committed to forgiving that, the next step is a lot easier to bridge. In the end part of the forgiveness has to be her own guilt for not taking care of her children properly so she would have to try again and again or her own guilt and redemption are at risk as well. I believe that that would be enough for her to still want to save him, even if he had a relapse. Besides, she would've gotten hope from the fact that he was able to snap out of it once...so maybe he can do it again.

If you can justify genocide, there's little you can't justify. The only thing that will make a difference is if she still believes or wants to believe that he can redeemed. Either for his sake, her sake or both.

I don't actually know if I agree with that. A mother's love can be very strong indeed and if committing genocide on half the galaxy doesn't do it, then what will?

Once you're committed to forgiving that, the next step is a lot easier to bridge. In the end part of the forgiveness has to be her own guilt for not taking care of her children properly so she would have to try again and again or her own guilt and redemption are at risk as well. I believe that that would be enough for her to still want to save him, even if he had a relapse. Besides, she would've gotten hope from the fact that he was able to snap out of it once...so maybe he can do it again.

If you can justify genocide, there's little you can't justify. The only thing that will make a difference is if she still believes or wants to believe that he can redeemed. Either for his sake, her sake or both.

She doesn't actually seem unreasonable though, she accepted that Vaylin was too dangerous to live and destructive. She had a very loving relationship with Vaylin as a child. Yet what you say doesn't actually apply to her. Why? A mother daughter bond is strong too, from what we've seen maybe even stronger.

I wouldn't rule it out, but it doesn't fit what I've seen of Senya at all.

Edited by Eshvara

I wonder if they're waiting to release the Arcann romance til the Theron business is cleared up - how many people would be upset if Theron turned out to be innocent only after thousands of people had started a new relationship with Arcann?

I wish the consular had the option to offer to try to heal Arcann using her unique technique. (No, not that sort of "special healing," I mean the ability she gets during chapter one of her class story. :p ) My consular is the shiniest of lightsiders and always want to help people turn their lives around. From the start, she pitied Arcann because of the influence the Emperor had on him. She always would have preferred to get him fighting on the right side against Valkorion, turning him away from the destructive and tyrannical path he was on. When Senya saved Arcann, though, her only conversation options seemed to be 1) very hostile, or 2) reservedly suspicious. There was no 3) enthusiasm for saving Arcann and offer to help. I mean, beside the Voss, the consular probably literally had the best chance of actually healing Arcann. I would understand if Senya felt like she just couldn't take the chance that the consular's offer might be a lie, but at least we should've had the opportunity to make it.

For the sake of plot, even if the option had been available, it's possible that the consular's healing wouldn't have worked. It doesn't work on the president of Balmorra because his psychological damage is due to torture rather than Force corruption. So I guess it depends on what one thinks the nature of Arcann's corruption is. I feel like it's something at least partially Force-related, because of his eye colour change. At the same time, it seems partially psychological, associated with certain powerful feelings of his that twisted over time... But aren't those two things really related from a Star Wars point of view? Anger, hate, dark side, etc.

I completely agree and couldn't help thinking about this too. The consular's ritual helped Parkanas Tark who was corrupted both by the dark side of the force and by his own feelings of betrayal. If it were any other developer I'd have been shocked that this extremely useful and likely effective in this situation ritual can't be brought up at all but with BioWare these days, details and variances are extremely scarce. It's one size fits all.

I can definitely understand why they wouldn't have you actually be able to heal him with it since that would give one class a vastly different story than the other 7 but I wish we could have offered it. Arcann could have refused if offered at any point before you defeat him on the ship or Senya could have refused on his behalf like you said.

I wonder if they're waiting to release the Arcann romance til the Theron business is cleared up - how many people would be upset if Theron turned out to be innocent only after thousands of people had started a new relationship with Arcann?

I wonder if there are many who would leave Theron for Arcann. I don't think so as his fanbase is quite large.:p