Current state of Sorc/Sage DPS in PvP is dreadful

TeaSeeOh

I was tempted to post this in the PvP section, but that place is a graveyard and Bioware doesn't check there anyway. At any rate, is there any developer word on PvP Sorc/Sage getting any sort of love? Specifics wise, not just random hand waving "we're looking into it."

I have a hard time believing a Bioware dev looked at a hotbar full of defensive cds/"oh ****" buttons on a Sent/Mara and nodded approvingly, then looked at the 2 options available to Sorc/Sage in Phase Walk and Barrier(both of which are awesomely disabled by Electro Net) and gave an ok hand.

How a Scoundrel/Op can roll twice every 10 seconds, while a Sorc/Sage can use Force Speed every 20 seconds(15 if talented). Meanwhile as well the Scoundrel/Op roll also gives increased chances to dodge? I guess Han Solo should have taken a cue from the fat kid from Hook and curled into a ball when Vader confronted him on Bespin? Going back to the hotbar worth of nonsense a Sent/Mara has, their Transcendence/Predation also affords them an extra 10% defense "just because." What player was like "yeah I need that btw"

This class as a DPS when initially envisioned was supposed to be a highly mobile, fragile class that excelled at kiting. With the amount of gap closers, movement speed reducing abilities, and movement skills literally every class now has that strength is gone or pales greatly.

It doesn't help that as Lightning spec I have to time my Thundering Blast and Chain Lightning burst to hit close to 30k combined on a good day(when RNG decides to give me good Forked Lightning procs). Meanwhile a Commando/Merc player is running around drooling at the keyboard activating Boltstorm/Blazing Bolts to do massive amounts of damage(while also slowing, kiting for babies), only to have them blow you away with Demo Round/Heatseeker Missile for a 1/3 of your hp pool. This is of course WHILE face tanking an entire enemy team better than any tank spec can because of their (still) obscenely good defensive cds.

This class feels woefully outdated given that even Assassin/Shadow can spec into their Force Speed to nip 60% of received damage while active. I don't even feel like this class is unviable for PvE content, but for PvP there is such a huge disconnect here that needs addressing...bad.

I once met a group - very likely with voice chat - of Sorcs in PvP.

It was absolutely horrible. They went in so fast, brought my char down, then went so fast to the next opponent ...

What I'm trying to say is, that as a mass, they are a horrible group of opponents. As a mass, they needed to be nerfed.

The situation for single players of Sages / Sorcs, however, there I can feel that frustration quite a bit, althout my very personal frustration comes rather from the fact that there are almost all attacks channeled. And therefore take very long time, compared to melee.

What I'm trying to say is, that as a mass, they are a horrible group of opponents. As a mass, they needed to be nerfed

You have no idea what cancer is until you fight 4+ Mercs/Commandos or Maras/Sents in a WZ in regs.

Having a goon squad of Maras/Sent running around going gorilla on their keyboard is far more unpleasant to play than Sorc/Sage in mass.

then looked at the 2 options available to Sorc/Sage in Phase Walk and Barrier(both of which are awesomely disabled by Electro Net) and gave an ok hand.

It doesn't help that as Lightning spec I have to time my Thundering Blast and Chain Lightning burst to hit close to 30k combined on a good day(when RNG decides to give me good Forked Lightning procs)..

1st you have 4 def cds....

2nd.. did you forget your mainhand?

I once met a group - very likely with voice chat - of Sorcs in PvP.

Sorcs have a lot of peel options which multiply with more sorcs.

A premade of sorcs can cancel focus fire all day and force you into an endurance match of their peel vs whatever you have.

Instead of "what can I do as a sorc all on my own" it becomes "what can we do as a group of sorcs".

The answers include eternal CC, infernal AOE CC, kiting, health bubbles, crosshealing and Extricating each other (powerful tool but you can't use it to save yourself). Plenty of tools to interfere with each others fights and when used properly this peelfest is effective.

It doesn't look as good on paper against "blocks damage" DCDs but it's incredibly disingenuous when people do compare sorc survivability vs X and simply list damage blocking abilities. Sorcs have never been about that.

Also if that was Madness sorcs, not many classes can defend against focus fire of powerful DoT. Merc DCD are really ineffective against DoT for example, won't give them a single heal and no cleanse.

Edited by Gyronamics

Also if that was Madness sorcs, not many classes can defend against focus fire of powerful DoT. Merc DCD are really ineffective against DoT for example, won't give them a single heal and no cleanse.

U make my day) Focus fire of powerfull DoTs...) *All focus ur dots on this Merc. Done. Now wait 2 mins....mb 3 mins....*

Better try Imagine what can do 3-4 Snipes with focus fire...

As DD now Sorc/Sage very poor. Only AOE dmg is good...but u need spam it all time.