Once you marry your companion that's it?

Haiken

Holo cut scenes on the ship's holoprojector like a captain's log of past class/companion stories, a change in canned responses after a marriage has taken place, different kinds of interactions/conversations on the ship with married companions, being in casual clothes on the ship, a "hug" option at the end of a long day, etc., etc.... these are all excellent ideas! :)

Someone who's been involved in the thread should go to the general discussion's "Suggestion Box" with a compilation of them. I started one along a similar vein yesterday. Got zero responses lol. We need to get our wants out there for future updates/expansions :)

Great idea!!

Of course we need to take this discussion to the "Suggestion Box". I'm heading over to your link right way now =)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I have no idea how people can stomach bending over backwards to pick the 'right' dialogues so that the likes of mako/vette actually like you. Skadge is the only one my BH has at 10k (though gault and blizz are close) - mako just irritated me.

My warrior alt zapped vette so often at the start she was showing -3 at one point :p I mean, how to resist: <sass> ZAPPO!

Ratzap

Completely agree. I had even posted a thread of my own in the suggestion box, but, as with yours, no responses. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258033

Oh well, if we paper them with this idea, maybe we'll actually see something come of it. I would be very glad to see that companions continue to have character story relevance even after tha main line of the story has come to a close.

Otherwise, why play a character in a persistent virtual environment?

and what about companion on companion dialogue?

i loved dr lokin's arc cause him and my hubby had a bromance going on, even if vector was just a guinea pig for the most part lol.

or the option to sit and chat if your in a cantina, and iuno... buy a round of drinks or food? lol

i know some companions would love it, others maybe not. maybe a weekly outing with the whole crew if you have a high enough social rank.

it would be awesome if your spouse actually, ya know, acted different after you got married and all, after the honeymoon and letters and all that lol

and what about companion on companion dialogue?

i loved dr lokin's arc cause him and my hubby had a bromance going on, even if vector was just a guinea pig for the most part lol.

or the option to sit and chat if your in a cantina, and iuno... buy a round of drinks or food? lol

i know some companions would love it, others maybe not. maybe a weekly outing with the whole crew if you have a high enough social rank.

it would be awesome if your spouse actually, ya know, acted different after you got married and all, after the honeymoon and letters and all that lol

LI getting new soundbites after getting married, oh yes =) that would make me soo happy!!

awesome idea! :)

what would be interesting, is rival romances like in harvest moon games.

say you get with vette, so DS jaesa decides pierce is up for casual fun times.

not to mention that one scene in IA

where you get your ship attacked, so you go outside to the station to see who it is, confront them, and out runs kaleiyo and dr lokin...both in thier underwear to see what the comotion was about

i'm still waiting for more companion stuff. it would be nice if they sat down when you sat down, if you could get them to dance with you, ect.

then again, it is funny how blizz just stares up at us when we have after ops celebatory underwear dance parties on my ship.

EDIT: Here's another thing I would like. I'd love it if we had the opition to save teh love letters. Rememebr back in WoW when you got a letter with, say, a Store pet attached to it, and you could remove a physical letter? I would love to save them, even in my cargo bay (I saved two presents Torian gave me).

what would be interesting, is rival romances like in harvest moon games.

say you get with vette, so DS jaesa decides pierce is up for casual fun times.

not to mention that one scene in IA

where you get your ship attacked, so you go outside to the station to see who it is, confront them, and out runs kaleiyo and dr lokin...both in thier underwear to see what the comotion was about

Actually, in the Hunter storyline, if you don't persue a romance with Torian (as a female) or with Mako (as a male), they start dating. you can eitehr encourage it, don't get involved, or shut it down. They do break up eventually though, regardless of what you pick, unless you don't max them past that point or something.

i'm still waiting for more companion stuff. it would be nice if they sat down when you sat down, if you could get them to dance with you, ect.

then again, it is funny how blizz just stares up at us when we have after ops celebatory underwear dance parties on my ship.

THIS. I would love that, when I hit Z, Torian would sit down with me. the only time I can get them to move is when I use "Mission Review", the Chiss social. However, they only crouch (except Blizz, his entire body sinks into the floor so you can only see his head).

Edited by Kikilicious

EDIT: Here's another thing I would like. I'd love it if we had the opition to save teh love letters. Rememebr back in WoW when you got a letter with, say, a Store pet attached to it, and you could remove a physical letter? I would love to save them, even in my cargo bay (I saved two presents Torian gave me).

*snip*

Oh yess!! I want to be able to re-read the letters at least when my JK or BH is out of convos with her LI. Thankfully I know of the problem in advance so I can sit down and make a copy myself of it for my JK when she is done with Corellia and the end of the mainstory. Saving the last convo with Doc until after the big fight. But for me it would make it a little easier to stomach having no more convos and a quiet ship if we at least had the letters =)

Am I a romantic sap, why yes, I am =)

if you could get them to dance with you

They will, soon!

In Game Update 1.2, we have several emotes planned as unlocked rewards of the Legacy System. My favorite is the special dance that is so inspiring that your companion feels the urge to boogie down with you.

^ From Feb 24th Q&A post.

I'd still like to see more, but this is a step in the right direction. :jawa_biggrin: