Rakghoul Plague Outbreak World Event: Thank You

Moondragon

Loads of fun! Loved that it wasn't announced, that it just happened. I didn't manage to score all the armor but I came to the party a day late.

I think it would have been great to have the addition of the news announcer on the fleet saying that the plague had been contained on the couple of days after the event, just to give it a nice wrap up.

Also I would suggest maybe this was a great opportunity to make the armor a bind to legacy to showcase the option.

Despite the two suggestions above; my son and I loved the event and add our thanks to this thread!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thouroghly enjoyed the event. The fact that the enemies scaled to lvl was great as well I started the questline on day 1 at lvl 41 and finished by the time the 24th rolled around I was already lvl 50. This really made a difference for me because i didn't have to sacrifice any lvling time, to do the dailies. Took me an hour or so to do all the missions then off to the rest of the galaxy. I did manage to get everything I wanted including pve and pvp crystal(s) plural of each :). and both rakghouls.

Things I particularily liked:

The codex entries and the unique boss' ( so much fun and good drops) and the life it gave to the servers.

Things I was wishing for:

The boss's should have dropped event only items, either social or vanity, which would be like the commendations everyone in the ops can pick up. I guess the title though is good enough.

the containment officers weapon. It could have been like the "flare gun" you get and just used as a fun item. it'd be fun to use the flame thrower for fun on the fleet :)

The last thing that I'd wished that they would have done was to have a big finally for the event. like some super boss like an infected krayt dragon or something. The fact that it didn't have a big finale makes me wonder if BW has anything else up it's sleeve for later.

Thank You Bioware!

Personally I had alot of fun with the event and cant wait for the next one!

*The broadcasting on the station (only way I found out about the event)

*How one daily would bump you right into a different daily

*Color crystals where great

*Companion kits where great

*New pets where great

*Good writing as always

*Live TV report was a great touch

*Lots of different things to do within the event

Dislikes:

*Companion kits ARE bugged

Opened 10 kits to get 4 Corso Riggs and 6 Tharan Cedrax

I dont even play republic plus kits can not be sold, zero value at vendors and just a complete waste

*The whole Rakghoul thing is really overdone at this time and needs a break

Suggestions:

*First time you log into your character, you automaticly recieve a quest update for the world event so that we know its going on and where to start.

*Dont have "random" companion kits

Allow us to pick which companion or at the very least let us pick either empire or republic.

*All events should have pets, color crystals, titles and companion kits :D

Overall:

I had a great time, it was alot of fun and I really did enjoy the event!

I am looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for taking the time and effort of giving us a world event!

Edited by Ziko

Thanks everyone, for your kind words and constructive feedback. As with anything we do, we're definitely going to be taking a look at the community response to this event and work on ways to improve anything that we do in the future.

It was incredible to see all of the excitement from players in-game and on the forums :)

Thanks again!

It was fun. It was a small blessing, but a blessing, for our server when it stimulated RP for a bit, I would have liked Bioware to increase the level of chaos though. I had actually stockpiled vaccines in case Bioware said, "ruh roh, no more vaccine for YOU!". Not that I'd use it, I'd sell it on the GTN for sky-high prices. :D I could already have unlocked my Mirilian Agent Bioware!

Thanks everyone, for your kind words and constructive feedback. As with anything we do, we're definitely going to be taking a look at the community response to this event and work on ways to improve anything that we do in the future.

It was incredible to see all of the excitement from players in-game and on the forums :)

Thanks again!

While I appriciate you taking the time to post. I am wondering at your silence in threads that were NOT favorable to the event. There were many threads that had a few problems with the event from mechanics to the "story" behind the event to the "immersion factor". It would be nice to know how the BW team feels about the feed back both for and against the event and it would be nice to see a sort of "after action" report on the event.

I had a great time with the event.

Loved the armor set. Very cool idea. In the future, if this sort of thing is done again, I'd really like it if the armor set was Bind on Legacy. I'm not going to get a lot of use out of it on my Jedi Knight, but my Trooper (who hasn't been made yet) would have loved it.

Thanks again!

Want more Open World PvP? Move the PvP vendors from fleet onto the planets.

Lowbie PvP vendors on a lowbie planet, lvl 50 PvP vendors onto Ilum.

Also have only the one vendor sell both the Republic and Imperial equipment (like the Jawa did on Tatooine).

Edited by Meanerr

Yes, indeed, thank you for a very fun time. It was really quite nice as a VERY casual player to actually be able to do all the things necessary to achieve the goodies. Heck, I got armor for myself and for Nadia (comforting look to those who do not wear light armor), I got my purdy green-black crystal, both pets, and a "Zombie Tharan" customization along with the title (this last astounded me as I didn't think I'd manage it).

Lots of fun watching folks play with the infection (not to mention the general chat around it... heh) as well as helping others who didn't quite know what was happening.

I even got the chance to help some Empire players take those bosses down which I especially enjoyed.

Thank you again. Hella lotta fun. :)

Dislike the event.

Our goal was to contain the plague and we were giving a quest to spread it. I can think of a number of ways this event could have been utilized, yet it seemed like a poor copy.

It screamed of a poorly thought out design that was copied from somewhere else. The only thing it did differently was it tried to limit the griefing of other players during the event and while that was successful in lessening it, it was still possible to grief other players, especially lower levels.

Hopefully the next event will be thought out a little better.

Thank you for the event! I enjoyed pretty much all of it.

I think my only issues were:

1. The vaccine wears off if you die. This is especially annoying if you are PVPing as a number of people would go into PVP infected or the groups all over the fleet.

2. The Bantha being in the PVP area. While I occasionally do War zones (although, mostly for codexes), I don't really like mixing PVP with PVE or I would've went and joined a PVP server. The crazy battle in there when the event first started, while fun in some ways, was also kind of infuriating. I prefer, especially with World Events, everyone working together so that kind of bothered me.

3. The armor being bind on pickup. I did not have time to get my Imperial character up to Tatooine for the Imperial armor sets (and regardless, I would've been a few days late with how the dailies were done) and I would've loved to get a copy :/

But other than those few nitpicks, I definitely liked the event and this is coming from someone who hates zombie-ish stuff (Mostly due to a phobia but yeah)

Edited by Jenemi

I'm on the "enjoy" part. I hope for further installments- after all, there was no actual cure at the end of all the dailies, and the mastermind was never found. Where will they strike next?

And why would they comment on the negative ones? The only result would be a swarm of players repeating the same complaints for six or seven full threads, exactly as it was on the "Remove the Rakghoul Plague" threads that went on and on and on.

Suggestions (and I hated the event)

I missed out on the chest piece and moddable belt and who knows what else because I didn't know that you had to do the whole thing from the start. You had to wait more than a day to do a new quest and it screwed the timing of the quest line.

Having to use Google to figure it out was lame.

Would be nice on a pvp server to have 1 vendor in Empire area and another for the Republic area. And I guess a neutral one. Or a safe zone so you could buy your stuff. The Empire kept everyone from buying their rewards on the server I play on.

And have different questing area for each faction. The Empire players kept farming us as we tried to get the questing done.

The plague was very inconvenient loading out of warzones back into your questing area as a stealther as the plague would remove you randomly from stealth. I wonder if other non-stealthy players had some inconvenience or just us got screwed. Maybe have the vaccine not get removed with death like the womp rat vaccine. As a smuggler this was a major issue trying to do my quests when I left a warzone back into the questing area.

I still have no idea how people got the midnight rakghoul pet. I wished I could have gotten that.

Quest to infect opposing faction - stupid that everyone camped each other on the fleet and just basically afk'd and infected people in a supposed safe area and jumped off the fleet to quickly farm their dna. Opposing faction should mean players have to infect opposing faction and not each other.

Edited by pooks
added a suggestion

I loved this event for all the reasons a guy above me hated them (yes I play republic.)

It was cool to have shared quest zones and actually see world PvP on a PvP server happen. It was also cool we shared the same vendors. It really gave us something meaningful to fight over because it MATTERED.

The quests and progressive story was awesome but it would have been cool if we had more cues to show us to the hidden quests and a bit more time to progress in the daily unlocks. If you didn't know about the daily unlocks you didn't get the rewards.

Overall, tons of fun and THANK YOU for the event. It literally spent a new spark of life into the game world I have been waiting for where people needed to work together to achieve goals.

Things that made this event a lot of fun.

1) variety of rewards from vender - this gave everyoone a chance to decide for themselves how many times they wanted to repeat the daily series. And the vender had enough of a variety that almost everyone could find something that they wanted.

2) mission progression from 1 day to the next - the concept that you had to do the dailies several times to actually unlock all of it's quests, was a novel idea. It made the daily a little different each day for the first few days. Just by adding 1 additional quest each day, my focus shifted from "I've already done this before" to "I wonder what the new quest will be today". The daily automatically became less grindy, becasue instead of being apprehensive about repeating the process, I was exited to see what would be next. A BIG difference!!

3) limited edition armor set - was just a simply awesome idea! The only way this could have been better is if there had been a set for light/ medium/ heavy. They all could have shared the same models and skins. But these unique items gave everyone who participated, something of a souvineer. Pets are cool, but the armor set gave light armor users something with some actual game utility for themselves or a companion.

I would like to see this event repeated in some fashion on a different planet, with a different set of rewards available.

1) A different set of 8 companion customizations (please make them BoE or remove the RNG element next time around)

2) A different 5 piece set of armor that fits the aesthetic theme of the first event. Do a medium or heavy set next time, if it's not possible to provide all 3 at the same time. Just as with the last set, these could just be reskinned versions of models already in game.

3) Bring back Jeelvic on Tatooine for the duration of the next event, and provide a new vender near the daily just to increase what rewards are available to players for the second event.

4) I would like to see the next event take place inside a confined environment, such as a large cave or factory complex.

I would also like to suggest Quesh as a locale,

1) it is an unpopular planet for players to linger on, an already contains a number of caverns that are not part of story missions.

2 ) it's map screen has ample room for add ons to be placed as mission areas for the daily

3) it is controled by the Hutts & the story could unfold as a vendeta against the hutt cartel.

4) Infested Gamoreans.....

Thanks BW, great event.

Don't let the small tiny minority of whingers put you off, these are people who would still complain if you sent them $100.

I didn't get my containment uniform (booo for so much Maintenance as an Aussie player) but it's cool as I enjoyed the event a lot. Got three Rakghoul rakeling pets, only one Crimson and that made me a very happy girl.

Hope to see this return next year!

I greatly enjoyed this event with only one issue. The fact that the companion customizations were random. I spent a great deal of time getting more DNA samples and buying even more and never managed to get them all. I never got the agent one despite buying thirty-three of them... kind of frustrating. Nine of them were Elara.