Gunslinger Barrels, Mods, Armouring & Enhancements

parmie

I'm interested in finding out what upgrades other Gunslingers go for. After reaching level 50 and trying a hard mode Esseles (recommended for 4 well equipped players), my upgrades, particularly the ones I can't craft for myself are well under levelled.

There seems to be a trade off between slightly more cunning vs endurance and vice versa. e.g. skill vs keen.

As cunning is the primary attribute, I've concentrated on these types of upgrades:

Barrel - Patron

Mod - Keen

Armouring - Patron

Enhancement - ? I haven't seen one that adds cunning so have just gone for random selections that add endurance and crit rating.

Edited by parmie

Always Skill, never Patron. Have two daily (126 rating) Skill barrels ASAP.

As far as the mods/enhancements, I've been stacking Crit (because of the insane 30% bonus Crit damage from the 5th level of the tree) and Surge (because of all the Crit ;) ), along with a *little* bit of Accuracy/Power/Alacrity (the latter just so I can get a whole SS off before TS expires), though I'm looking at the Accuracy threads in the DPS forum to see if this should become one of the big secondary stats. Again, go for the ones that have less endurance and more of the other stats.

Edited by flem

Interesting, in group mission 'boss with adds' situations my airstrike, grenade and sab charge attacks almost guarantee me drawing aggro before the tank gets properly involved so I seem to need endurance i.e. hp to let me survive until the healer notices me.

dunno if anyone noticed but Champion/Battlemaster gear lacks crit/surge almost completely.

So, back to topic, are most champion+ mods/enhancements (not talking bout armor/barrels as we can't replace it). What I did with few centurion gear I am still using was to replace mods/enh. with mods from champion gear I got more pieces than needed. That way I have centurion stuff with mods/enh. from champion/battlemaster. Only bit less end/armor but quite usable.

• 1 month later...
Interesting, in group mission 'boss with adds' situations my airstrike, grenade and sab charge attacks almost guarantee me drawing aggro before the tank gets properly involved so I seem to need endurance i.e. hp to let me survive until the healer notices me.

sounds like a bad dps. you wait for your tank to get situated. ESPECIALLY guardian tanks