How much Accuracy are u loading for a Sin Tank

floriwie

Nonsense.

You want no accuracy rating at all.

The only attacks that benefit at all from are saber strike, trash and assassinate. They are not used often enough to make it worth having any accuracy.

All your force abilities will hit 100% of the time anyway and most part of your damage and even greater portion of your threat comes from those.

Missing a few saber strikes is never going to make noticeable difference.

Even if you did want more damage or threat, many other stats would benefit more.

You want all tank stats and no accuracy rating at all.

I would suggest you read here why having no accuracy is bad http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sith-assassin/darkness/stat-priority-and-details

tanks wonder why they have to guard dps instead of healers since dps keeps pulling agro

Bosses have a 10% defense chance which can be offset by 10% Bonus Accuracy for a total of 100%
As a tank you hit harder with 110% accuracy. That means me the dps wont pull off of you as a tank.

Btw this was tested in my guild by are tanks the boss has a 10% bonus to defense which is negated by 110% accuracy. Are guild tanks spent less time taunting off dps when the followed noxxic.com guide.

Edited by Neoforcer

I would suggest you read here why having no accuracy is bad http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sith-assassin/darkness/stat-priority-and-details

tanks wonder why they have to guard dps instead of healers since dps keeps pulling agro

As a tank you hit harder with 110% accuracy. That means me the dps wont pull off of you as a tank.

Btw this was tested in my guild by are tanks the boss has a 10% bonus to defense which is negated by 110% accuracy. Are guild tanks spent less time taunting off dps when the followed noxxic.com guide.

I would suggest you read the other posts in this discussion, as we have already explained many times over that Noxxic is wrong and why it is wrong.

Bosses do not have any defense chance against force and tech attacks so accuracy rating does not affect force and tech attacks at all!!!

Also force attacks are not the same thing as special attacks, like Noxxic falsely claims. Read the post above for more details.

They do have only defense chance against melee attacks. This requirement of accuracy applies to only melee attacks. Also read posts above for more details.

Also there is not even any such thing as defense against force or tech attacks. Defense applies to only melee/ranged attacks.

The avoidance against force/tech attacks is called resistance, which is 0 even for operation bosses.

Just look at this combat log:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/d325a068-ef81-42f2-a9db-9db7042bd46a/player/1#d=0,b=1

As you can clearly see, all force abilities show 0.0% avoids, meaning they did always hit.

And I guarantee you that was with 0 accuracy rating.

Edited by Eternalnight

Every time someone quotes Noxxic, Jesus clubs a baby seal with a kitten.

They tend to get a number of things right, but every single guide for every single class has noteworthy mistakes. Quoting some guide from some faceless person about whom you know nothing (including their knowledge of the differences between their *** and their elbow) doesn't exactly make you look like an expert.

To re-frickin'-iterate. Assassins have 3 abilities which Accuracy has any impact on whatsoever. Saber Strike (pure filler for resource recovery, does not contribute meaningfully to DPS, HPS, or TPS). Thrash (used infrequently as a resource dump, and also not a major contributor to DPS, HPS, or TPS), and Assassinate (not usable until 30% on a target, by which time threat is so firmly established that it's totally moot).

Adding Accuracy to increase the ability to land Saber Strike and Thrash does jack squat to increase threat generation. Adding Accuracy to increase the ability to land Assassinate adds minutely to DPS, but by that point in the fight threat is a non-issue.

And to your other inane and uninformed points...

The reason why tanks need to guard DPS and not healers are very simple:

-Healing is SHOCKINGLY low threat. Yes, healers can and will pull threat on trash pulls, but the pulls either clear so fast or are properly CC'd, negating this as a concern.

-Melee DPS in particular pair high output with a lower "ceiling" at which they pull hate off you. A PT or Marauder has very high sustained DPS, obscene burst, and if <4m from a target (not always feasible to micro-manage distance, esp. on Marauder) will pull hate if their threat exceeds yours by more than 10%. This is very easy for them to do unless you are taunt stacking, which the situation and CDs may or make not make feasible in any case.

Noxxic magically fixing your tanks' performance:

-More likely that there were more fundamental mistakes going on which Noxxic got right, and they corrected after recognizing as errors (independent of any new errors introduced by relying on a shoddy source like Noxxic).

-Normal variance due to RNG intervention and the tendency for individuals (especially mediocre, uninformed, uneducated, or plain old ignorant individuals) to inflate the impact/import of an event with a small sample size of data.

-Gaining more gear and experience tends to yield better results regardless of reading guides. Unless you're sufficiently bad that you have no business tanking at all, you should learn from each encounter and remember some of the "gotchas" that will make you more successful in the future.

Noxxic's info for shadow/assassin tanks is really, really bad. Their stat priority, for example, is completely wrong. More points in accuracy have a tiny, tiny contribution to tanking assassin DPS, due to the dominance of force attacks in our rotation. Best in Slot is the 91% accuracy that you get from maxing your melee tank. No one, not even DPS classes, should have 110% melee/ranged accuracy. Nothing over 100% matters in PvE, despite what Bioware's tooltips claim.

Here is the correct stat priority for assassin tanks moving into the Dread Guard tier:

Absorption (60%) >= Defense (30%) > Shield (65%) >= Endurance (27k) >>> Willpower > Power >>> Strength > Accuracy

Regarding endurance, once your mitigation is at this point, diminishing returns starts to hit really really hard. That, combined with the very high HPS of the low-thrash rotation means that endurance is very nearly a better stat than the mitigation stats, in terms of survivability contribution. Due to itemization quirks, high-endurance mods have a higher stat budget than low-endurance mods (thus, you're trading 1 point of mitigation for about 1.7 points of endurance). Because of this, all of your Dread Guard mods should be high-endurance (the 27B variants), while your enhancements should be low-endurance (Bastion and Bulwark).

I'm on the verge of getting my assassin to 50 and wanted to start reading up on this stuff.

Anywho, I take it when you say absorbtion at 60% that includes the base generator 20% as well, right? And I'm assuming you're applying the bases to defense and shielding as well? Just wanted to check. Also, are these stats typically achieved through augmenting or no? If they are which augments should be prioritized?

I'm on the verge of getting my assassin to 50 and wanted to start reading up on this stuff.

Anywho, I take it when you say absorbtion at 60% that includes the base generator 20% as well, right? And I'm assuming you're applying the bases to defense and shielding as well? Just wanted to check. Also, are these stats typically achieved through augmenting or no? If they are which augments should be prioritized?

Of course it would not even be possible to reach said percentages with the ratings alone.

But anyway you are missing some important things.

Your absorption without any absorption rating gear, is not just 20%. It is 24% due to additional 4% from skillpoints spent on Hollow.

Likewise your defense chance without any defense rating gear is 16% (10% base + 6% from various skillpoints spent in the skill tree), so even at 30% defense chance you have 14% defense chance gained from defense rating.

As for shield chance, note that any percentages given with Dark Ward activated should also include the bonus from wearing gear with set bonus. (speaking of which, assassin tanks should ALWAYS wear gear with set bonus)

As for the other things, augmenting should be done for defense rating and/or absorption rating, depending how much of each you have

As for the other things, augmenting should be done for defense rating and/or absorption rating, depending how much of each you have

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Just to flesh out this point, I currently have 3 defense augments, and the rest are absorb. The number of defense augments I use is going to rise quite a bit in the coming days, since I'm starting to hit the absorb DR pretty hard. My current gear looks like this: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/6d0035cb-8938-4f38-8073-e75392f0b410 (note: a bug in Ask Mr Robot is showing me with 4% less defense than I actually have)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

My current gear looks like this: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/6d0035cb-8938-4f38-8073-e75392f0b410 (note: a bug in Ask Mr Robot is showing me with 4% less defense than I actually have)

I'm pretty sure the bug is from AMR having the +4% defense chance on Thrashing Blades/Applied Force instead of Lightning Reflexes/Double-bladed Saber Defense (despite what the tooltips say). I think they may have made a mistake when updating the skill trees for 1.4.