Lvl 50 PVE Anni looking for more DPS

Slatronic

I'm just trying to get that last bit of DPS out of this spec. I'm not doing bad but from some of the stuff I've seen posted I can get some more DPS. I'm guessing I need to tweak my "rotation" slightly to get that last bit out.

If ya'll wouldnt mind checking out my spec and parse to see if I can improve. I was fully buffed with a proto hyperbattle stim. I did use bloodthirst mid way through but did not use an adrenal. It was a five minute go around with the ops dummy on the fleet. I had 1558 DPS. I would like to think there is another 200 DPS in there somewhere.

build

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8b2f5534-df2b-4ab6-9896-c47566706df2

parse

http://www.torparse.com/a/23362

thx

slater

You need more Damage(pri) 1000 - xxxx

Crit 28~30%.

Surge ~78%

Accuracy 96~100%

Black Hole boots have the best MOD and Enhancement for BiS(best in slot).

Use 2 War Hero Power Relics.

2 Campaign weapon will help in crit.

Power color crystal.

Bracer and belt moddable with armoring 26 + mod Power.

Show us your build in skill calculator.

So something closer to this?

Gear

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/74ac114e-48f8-4398-ba3c-2f0b5c7bb694

then with a exotech might stim I should be over the 1000-xxxx pri dmg.

Skills

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Marauder#9f28e8clc-i-200k

Well I guess it's time to run some more dailies and HM GF dailies then.

thx for the suggestions. if anybody else has some input I will gladly take it.

Edited by Slatronic

I'm just trying to get that last bit of DPS out of this spec. I'm not doing bad but from some of the stuff I've seen posted I can get some more DPS. I'm guessing I need to tweak my "rotation" slightly to get that last bit out.

If ya'll wouldnt mind checking out my spec and parse to see if I can improve. I was fully buffed with a proto hyperbattle stim. I did use bloodthirst mid way through but did not use an adrenal. It was a five minute go around with the ops dummy on the fleet. I had 1558 DPS. I would like to think there is another 200 DPS in there somewhere.

build

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8b2f5534-df2b-4ab6-9896-c47566706df2

parse

http://www.torparse.com/a/23362

thx

slater

Honestly, you're not *that* far off from where you should be given your current gear (a little low but not drastically so). Looks like you got somewhat unlucky with crits and/or Pulverize procs, which will naturally have some impact.

The only way you'd be really low and at a point of concern is if that number includes the use of Bloodthirst, power adrenal, and/or pre-loaded Frenzy (which it looks like you might have done, but could also have gotten lucky).

Couple things stick out to me from the parse itself:

1) You clip several of your Ravages. I don't think it's intentional, you're just jumping the gun before the channel finishes. That's a DPS loss.

2) Seems like you're using a lot of Assault. Not sure if it's just chance, a priority decision issue, or just resource management hiccups.

Plus, a couple of general notes:

1) You're not geared optimally. 285 Accuracy rating + Legacy companion buff = 99.89% basic Accuracy (109.89% special) which is as close to ideal as we can get with iLvl 61 equipment. By extension, 285 Accuracy rating permits 285 Surge rating without augments. I would also look at shedding a bit of Crit Rating for more Power. There's a fairly broad plateau where there's a less-than-1% delta in overall DPS, but 350 rating is way on the high side.

2) All augments should be Strength, ideally. I wouldn't necessarily rip & replace Power augments due to the infinitesimal difference, but Surge augments are no bueno. It's plenty easy to dive headfirst into the DR curve without them.

For comparison, here's my character on AMR:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/a19495be-2718-4cd1-ad7f-4ee0d0f11028

Both gear and wishlist are fully filled out, with the wishlist basically fixing the gearing mistakes I made (namely implants, which requires shuffling a few mods elsewhere), plus the few missing upgrades I still need (iLvl 61 hilts, WH relics, etc.).

I'll work on digging out a parse, but I'm usually in the 1550-1600 range on the Ops dummy with no Bloodthirst, adrenal, or Frenzy pre-load. With all 3 (so reflective of most boss fight situations) it's typically 1750+ with the exact number depending on how many mistakes I make.

Edit: Character sheet numbers are easy, but I don't like it when they're used as the primary guidepost.

For example, you should worry less about Primary Weapon damage than you should about obtaining the highest iLvl possible Might hilts (which you have for your MH), and maximizing the total budget of STR+Power across your gear. The end result will be MH damage starting well over 1k, but that's the result, not the goal.

Likewise, "100% Accuracy" is less useful as a guidepost than "285 Accuracy Rating plus Legacy companion Accuracy buff" because the latter tells you exactly what you need to do, whilst the former just gives you a goal with no guidance of how to achieve it most efficiently.

Edited by Omophorus

So with todays update I'm guessing this all changes a bit.

Let me see if I got this figured out cause this is different than stuff I have found for specs and gear but I like it.

Get as much STR and PWR as I can.

All STR augments

PWR Crystals

Acc to 300 plus 1% buff? now with new (63) gear.

Crit around 150 or so for around 30% with buffs?

Surge to 300 plus 1% buff?

I'll make a new spec wish list once askmrrobot updates site with new dread guard gear.

One more question. Is a little slower with my button pushing better to maximize DPS? I always try to get the next attack going the split second its ready. Or as you saw a split second to soon. I guess just more practice maybe.

Thx for the help

So with todays update I'm guessing this all changes a bit.

Let me see if I got this figured out cause this is different than stuff I have found for specs and gear but I like it.

Get as much STR and PWR as I can.

All STR augments

PWR Crystals

Acc to 300 plus 1% buff? now with new (63) gear.

Crit around 150 or so for around 30% with buffs?

Surge to 300 plus 1% buff?

I'll make a new spec wish list once askmrrobot updates site with new dread guard gear.

One more question. Is a little slower with my button pushing better to maximize DPS? I always try to get the next attack going the split second its ready. Or as you saw a split second to soon. I guess just more practice maybe.

Thx for the help

Strength and Power are your primary damage boosters, so yes, you want more of both when possible. On a point-for-point basis (with full raid buffs) Strength is ever so slightly better given the current stat budgets, but you want the highest total offensive budget per slot/mod. In the future, as maximum available Strength increases, it may not always be the case that it's better than Power (since the critical hit component has a DR curve).

By extension, STR augs are slightly better than Power augs, but the difference is *so* miniscule that I wouldn't bother removing Power augments already in place.

LagunaD and others have done a lot of really good math to show that the game equations give you a lot of leeway on gearing with minimal impact on your DPS. It's less important that you focus on a particular goal number for any given stat than that you focus on maximizing the offensive budget of each piece of gear as you go along. Accuracy past 100% (given current content/mechanics) does not contribute meaningfully to offensive stat budget, and very high levels of Crit Rating contribute less than Power.

To your last question, pre-queueing abilities is generally a good thing when it comes to maximizing DPS (I set my ability queue setting to the 1s maximum to make it easier to do just that). The singular exception to that is Ravage, as interrupting the channel early is a DPS loss. Any non-channeled ability you want to be queueing as tightly together as possible.

In general, and I've said this twice already (and it should be common sense regardless), the goal is always to maximize the offensive stat budget on each piece of gear. It's fine to have a "final" build in mind, but how you get there isn't always a straight line. Building piece-by-piece towards that final build may not yield maximum DPS along the way, so you may need to deviate to avoid leaving DPS on the table. You can always remod later so long as you have the foresight to hold onto the right mods to reach your final build (even if you have to remove them temporarily).