C2-N2 Main Hand Ranged?

Deky

The main purpose of that droid is to run crew skill missions for you while you have your first companion out. I think the fact he has skills is just left over from when you could actually equip the droid and it had attacks and an attack/heal buff choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wouldn't say he's totally useless. You can still put all sorts of parts on him to give him some staying power and more effective at healing..which sometimes you'd rather have out than that #*@!*) Corso (haven't gotten Bowdaar yet). I just wish there was a way to keep him from attacking but still keep healing you. If you set him to 'Passive' he just kinda stands there it seems

• 1 year later...

Uhh what a stench, this thread is really really old...

But to answer your question, as he didn't get a firmware update from Czerka Corps so far, the ship droid still is a pacifist by his programming and not able to equip weapons, no matter if they were bought, found or crafted.

• 3 months later...
Not to beat a dead thread, but it still an issue and I'd rather not start a new one.

I don't want him to have a weapon. I don't want him to even have his current singular attack. I'd really like a stat stick of some sort.

Now that Treek is available as a low-level healing companion (if you don't want to wait until you get your regular healing comp), I can't possibly imagine the ship droid EVER being changed to make him a better healer.

Just sayin'

Not to beat a dead thread, but it still an issue and I'd rather not start a new one.

I don't want him to have a weapon. I don't want him to even have his current singular attack. I'd really like a stat stick of some sort.

He's not meant to be in combat. He even tells you that when you get your ship. Roll with a different companion or deal with the fact that he's kinda sub-par.

It is true, this companion was meant for crafters. You can even unlock a Legacy wide droid for your ship who will sell a part that gives you some pretty nice boosts just for crafting as well. Some classes that do not get a healing companion will sometimes use this guy in a pinch, don't get me wrong, if you toss a full set of really nice droid parts on this guy he works pretty well, at least till you get a real healing companion. Most people tend to just stick with their tanking one or invests in Treek until that point though.

Hmm...well he does like to paint the ship...maybe a paintbrush + 5 for his main hand? And a glass of 'Yoda Soda' for his off-hand that buffs his crafting skill?

Lol why not! There is 2 customizations for him if I recall. One turns him into a crash test dummy look, the other a Butler. I enjoy my own Jeeves bot myself :p

Would be nice to give him some other appearances though.

As a general rule, you can check out what weapons a companion knows how to use by looking for the Companion tab in your Abilities menu (default keybind "P") while that companion is summoned on the ground.

I wouldn't mind if C2-N2 and 2V-R8 had some sort of stat item for their main hands, even if it didn't add any offensive functionality. I tend to play either tanks or ranged DPS, where survival comes pretty easily while leveling via missions, but I know that some DPS classes, like the Sentinel/Marauder, can be a real test for new players to level while they wait for their healer companions to join their crews. Every bit of extra bit of performance that might be squeezed out of the ship droids might help stave off some of the frustration that new players sometimes encounter.

Edited by Allegos

As a general rule, you can check out what weapons a companion knows how to use by looking for the Companion tab in your Abilities menu (default keybind "P") while that companion is summoned on the ground.

I wouldn't mind if C2-N2 and 2V-R8 had some sort of stat item for their main hands, even if it didn't add any offensive functionality. I tend to play either tanks or ranged DPS, where survival comes pretty easily while leveling via missions, but I know that some DPS classes, like the Sentinel/Marauder, can be a real test for new players to level while they wait for their healer companions to join their crews. Every bit of extra bit of performance that might be squeezed out of the ship droids might help stave off some of the frustration that new players sometimes encounter.

Truthfully, the stats you would gain would be minimal at best. I believe he was intended as a stop-gap for people who'd like a healer while leveling, but who's healing companion doesn't arrive until late in their story. Unless you wish to spend millions upon millions of credits for crafted armorings, there is no way to gear him as well as you can your other healers.

Truthfully, the stats you would gain would be minimal at best.

With main hand being the only slot in addition to offhand that has tech power in it (and also color crystal which granted only adds 41 power at most while tech power can go up to 1151) unlike any of your armor pieces, the main hand weapon makes way bigger difference than for example any armor piece or implants or earpiece.

Missing the main hand weapon completely means loosing well over 20% of your bonus healing.

With main hand being the only slot in addition to offhand that has tech power in it (and also color crystal which granted only adds 41 power at most while tech power can go up to 1151) unlike any of your armor pieces, the main hand weapon makes way bigger difference than for example any armor piece or implants or earpiece.

Missing the main hand weapon completely means loosing well over 20% of your bonus healing.

True, but WHILE LEVELING, the difference is negligible.

He's a passable healer until you get your class story healer. And he's free, unlike Treek.

I've used him in a pinch to heal a flashpoint with my gunslinger before Guss came along. I wouldn't recommend relying on him for end-game content.

Edited by JacksonMo