Dear Bioware, You must do...ASAP. Wall of text, sorry.

I have been in the game, Yes able to play since Tuesday at 10 am est.

I am level 38. Others have gotten higher and that is fine and good for us and maybe not for others. But we also have been playing basically non stop. That is just us.

I have played 2 days 14 hours according to the /played check you have in game. That is 62 hours of game time. I am level 38 others I have seen at 46-50 already. Lets say they have played constantly so 125 hours. if we take your statement of 100-200 hours of playtime to get to level 50 o average... this is the problem I see.

1. You need to focus the departments involved to add level content asap.

If the game allows the solo player to get to level 50 in basically 3 weeks to a month...If they can get in game and play that is.

The content must be there for them to hold their interest. yes you have Heroic and Nightmare modes for Flashpoints and Operations.

But after 3 months those will be solved and players geared to have those on farmed status.

I am talking guilds and not even the hardcore ones...those will be a month ahead of the standard large guild of 50+ players.

These guilds/players will do their FP's and be locked out the rest of the week. Making it a daily lock will only make things worse. More Flashpoints need to be added asap so as to have 4 or 5 available to run after 3,4 months. They need to in game and ready to play.

I do not want to compare the game to Rift but in this it has to be done. If the content is not there the game gets turned off, because raiding guilds are not alt makers. They want to play their character, raid, do a little socializing and log off...That means 2-4 hours a night.

One or two raids a week does not fill that void. Some say PvP fills that. For some it does.

2. For the solo player , which much of the "Leveling" experience does do, The game has NOTHING to do at 50 other then to hang out and do PUG's....Raids are not for PUG's.

Content needs to be added, along the lines of their class story being expanded to the next "book". A ned adventure we will say.... Not today but again in 2-3 months.

Too many players will have the excitement that your game brings and will level fast, as your game allows...just too easy to solo level... and just have zero do do when they hit that level 50 stop. You do not even have to do a single Heroic to do so...that is just how easy it is to level... I have yet to do a Heroic in a group, and have wasted 3 hours plus trying to get those dang Datacrons.

Lastly:

The best gear MUST come from Flashpoints. Period. Chest, Legs, Feet, Head, Gloves, Arms, Weapons...every piece. This of course means Nightmare level being the top.

Dropped Purple Epic gear should be second as they should be Very Rare World drops.

Then World Boss level drops. ie if the World Boss is level 32 then that gear is tagged level 32

Then PvP, player level gear

Then Crafted Gear falls here. I say that because crafted gear , though it should be good, This includes the Orange moddable gear we are all getting at our levels. You have these at the right level. The crafted gear should never be higher then the others listed for their equal level.

Then of course comes the basic Blues and greens.

Yeah I know this is a dumb thread but I think it bares notice to the fact that the game is moving fast for those able to get in. Thus meaning for the casual player it can still move that fast on an hourly basis. 3 hours a day/night still equals 70 days/2 1/2 months of play to get to level 50.

One hour would mean 3-5 months. If the plan is monthly level 50 content and after 6 months to continue the class storys then that is the proper outlook.

I just hope it is.

PS. Where are all these people I see not able to play?

I see a max of 150, per Phase I assume, in a zone at a time. In Alderaan I saw a max of 28 people on the planet. That is a level 27-33 planet then higher later. This would mean there was maybe 50 players through out the day on the planet?

I see 150 on DK constantly, meaning a constant flow of players. yet I see no one.

The game feels empty of players and I worry this Phasing is going to be an issue with the MMO feel of the game when they get to level 40-50.

150 a Phase does not feel MMO nor Heroic for a MMO game.

Please keep an eye on Phasing for the games MMO feel later on.

BTW a Trooper being level 50 already last night? Their is your solo OP class for those that wondered. Followed by the Sage. Odd that the Republic are the first to 50? I think not.

That's all and do with me as you will.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a story oriented game that just happens to let a lot of people play together. As Bioware stated before, "a massively SINGLEPLAYER game"

So it kinds of make sense that the game, in its first iteration, will be focus far more on the journey, rerolling, remaking the same characters and taking different paths, doing a different set of quest (if you do all the quests you end up impossibly overleveled. You're not supposed to), trying out light/dark side, etc.

Then there's a bit of extra via level 50 flashpoints/operations and PvP.

Its what they were going for, and it was quite successful. If you expected to be able to rush to 50 and then just run raids non-stop WoW style, well, you were not really their initially targeted audience.

Note I said initially targeted. With a game of this scope, they will eventually have content for everyone. Right now its obviously not setup to please the WoW-crowd.

So OP rushes the game in pre-launch and comes complaining about content even before the game is out and there enough players at the endgame. Your loss m8, you ruined the game for yourself. No pity for the impatient ones. In a few weeks I am glad most of these kind of players are flushed out and we can actually start roleplaying on our server...

Dear OP,

You don't balance content around the hardcore players. Because the hardcore players aren't the majority.

The best gear doesn't have to come from flashpoints and ops. It simply doesn't. The best gear must come from time investment. Whether that be flashpoints and ops, pvp, or soloing.

BTW, being first to 50 doesn't mean your class is OP. It means you have no life outside of the game.

Edited by Jxspyder

Hi OP, i been playing seens the 13th and im lvl19 at the moment and i enjoy all the cutscenes and what not.

I think the lvling time is pretty good.

Sorry to say this, but you just have been rushing it all.

Try to slowdown and smell the roses before its to late. ;)

Lol at a 50 already... Grats to him/her though!

Regarding the OP, you really think the game needs more endgame content already? It does not actually get released for 2 more days you know...

Since we are doing game comparisons though lets look at (that game) WoW:

WoW launched with 2 raids (Operations) (5 if you count Scholomance, UBRS, and Strat which most would not)

SWTOR is launcing with 2 also

WoW had no Battlegrounds (Warzones) at launch

SWTOR is launching with 3

WoW launched with 18 instances (Flashpoints)

SWTOR is launching with 15 but with adjustable difficulty settings.

WoW has not done all that badly now has it? So you really believe that SWTOR needs more LAUNCH content?

Edited by Nakemi

The EXP to level multiplier needs to be increased by 5.0x. It needs to take at least five times longer than it currently does to make next level. As-is, I'm halfway there and I'm not really happy about it. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but it's also "half-over" if we're going by level. I'm going to miss that level-up graphic at 50. Hopefully they planned ahead and the game will max at level 300 after several expansion packs and such.

Lol at a 50 already... Grats to him/her though!

Regarding the OP, you really think the game needs more endgame content already? It does not actually get released for 2 more days you know...

Since we are doing game comparisons though lets look at (that game) WoW:

WoW launched with 2 raids (Operations) (5 if you count Scholomance, UBRS, and Strat which most would not)

SWTOR is launcing with 2 also

WoW had no Battlegrounds (Warzones) at launch

SWTOR is launching with 3

WoW launched with 18 instances (Flashpoints)

SWTOR is launching with 15 but with adjustable difficulty settings.

WoW has not done all that badly now has it? So you really believe that SWTOR needs more LAUNCH content?

I agree with you in theory, but you have to remember that when WoW launched the hardcore MMO player-base wasn't as broad as it is now. The MMO-scene was basically an open canvas (Yes, yes, I know -- EQ. But WoW reached a broader audience), whereas now SWTOR is facing the challenge of keeping WoW veterans entertained (who are as good as professionally trained in consuming content). WoW also had the added bonus of making the top-tier virtually unreachable for the casual player, creating the illusion of endless content -- a design strategy most game companies seem to have moved away from.

This only applies to the WoW players who have picked up SW:ToR, obviously, and as someone stated they probably aren't the core of the target audience.

Dear OP,

You don't balance content around the hardcore players. Because the hardcore players aren't the majority.

The best gear doesn't have to come from flashpoints and ops. It simply doesn't. The best gear must come from time investment. Whether that be flashpoints and ops, pvp, or soloing.

BTW, being first to 50 doesn't mean your class is OP. It means you have no life outside of the game.

I don't want to know what kind of imaginary world you live in, but you're far, far away from reality.

I agree with you in theory, but you have to remember that when WoW launched the hardcore MMO player-base wasn't as broad as it is now. The MMO-scene was basically an open canvas (Yes, yes, I know -- EQ. But WoW reached a broader audience), whereas now SWTOR is facing the challenge of keeping WoW veterans entertained (who are as good as professionally trained in consuming content). WoW also had the added bonus of making the top-tier virtually unreachable for the casual player, creating the illusion of endless content -- a design strategy most game companies seem to have moved away from.

This only applies to the WoW players who have picked up SW:ToR, obviously, and as someone stated they probably aren't the core of the target audience.

Agreed. I was just trying to compare launch content.

The point I was trying to make is that I do not believe it to be fair to demand more content in a game launch when the game has a fair amount to begin with. I personally do not see any major new content for a good few months. So the people who are just charging to 50 to reach the endgame might find themselves somewhat bored. Obviously this is an issue for Bioware but it is near impossible to make a game that will please everyone.

The biggest issue is like you say "who are as good as professionally trained in consuming content". People are just too quick/good at ploughing through a game compared to how it once was. I can tell you one thing though, if everyone were to play a Korean MMO they would no doubt be glad for the fast content/leveling curve of a Western MMO :p.

The EXP to level multiplier needs to be increased by 5.0x. It needs to take at least five times longer than it currently does to make next level. As-is, I'm halfway there and I'm not really happy about it. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but it's also "half-over" if we're going by level. I'm going to miss that level-up graphic at 50. Hopefully they planned ahead and the game will max at level 300 after several expansion packs and such.

If you multiply it by 5 where does the extra content come from? People would not like grinding womp rats for hours on end because they are not high enough to continue their story. Yet to add more story based content (the heart and soul of SWTOR) would have delayed the launch by any number of months.

So what do you want them to do?

There were 'hardcore' MMOs long, long before WoW.

Echo everyone else pointing out that not having much to do at endgame before actual launch is kinda sad. Yes there are people who have way more time to spend on this game then others. Those people are going to suffer a tad for not being able to fully do all the things that require a thriving lvl 50 community untill some portion of the player base catches up.

Also wanted to comment on a few points

The best gear MUST come from Flashpoints. Period. Chest, Legs, Feet, Head, Gloves, Arms, Weapons...every piece. This of course means Nightmare level being the top.

Dropped Purple Epic gear should be second as they should be Very Rare World drops.

Then World Boss level drops. ie if the World Boss is level 32 then that gear is tagged level 32

Then PvP, player level gear

Then Crafted Gear falls here. I say that because crafted gear , though it should be good, This includes the Orange moddable gear we are all getting at our levels. You have these at the right level. The crafted gear should never be higher then the others listed for their equal level.

Then of course comes the basic Blues and greens.

I would feel totally crappy if All of my crafting ability was only disposable mods and stims at endgame. I much prefer if each crafting skill has a few items that are very hard to make, yet top of the line gear. Otherwise crafting becomes a minor stepping stone and not very worth it in the long run.

PS. Where are all these people I see not able to play?

I see a max of 150, per Phase I assume, in a zone at a time. In Alderaan I saw a max of 28 people on the planet. That is a level 27-33 planet then higher later. This would mean there was maybe 50 players through out the day on the planet?

I see 150 on DK constantly, meaning a constant flow of players. yet I see no one.

The game feels empty of players and I worry this Phasing is going to be an issue with the MMO feel of the game when they get to level 40-50.

150 a Phase does not feel MMO nor Heroic for a MMO game.

Please keep an eye on Phasing for the games MMO feel later on.

Phasing is there to prevent the need for massive re-spawn rate and fighting over kills and gathering nodes. Bioware has said that phasing is needed in early zones to help with these issues and as competition for content goes down the player cap per phase will climb. Also another indication that you are leveling faster than everyone.

Personally my plan is to experience the story for all 8 classes. I fell the pace of leveling is well suited for this type of player who wants to "finish" their class story and then experience the world from the point of view of another class.

The OP needs to chill the @@@@ out. Level 38 already? Your fault, your problem. All that content must have felt like a complete blur. If you are running operations before the first of the year then you missed the point. Hard.

SWTOR is not WoW with lightsabers. Stop acting like this is a WoW expansion and you are crying you hit the new level cap in 48 hours.

Bioware has already stated that if you're expecting a game with huge amounts of end game content this isn't the game for you. It's intended to be a game with some end game stuff, but its really focused on leveling different classes and enjoying the different story-lines.

Bioware has already stated that if you're expecting a game with huge amounts of end game content this isn't the game for you. It's intended to be a game with some end game stuff, but its really focused on leveling different classes and enjoying the different story-lines.

Show me where any dev said this...ever

I only read the first point so I'll respond to that with another question:

Do you feel that a game's developers should create much more content solely because the players are playing through all the content in one go?

Someone playing a 10-20 hours a week while setting time aside to do other stuff will take significantly longer to level to the cap.

This is a story oriented game that just happens to let a lot of people play together. As Bioware stated before, "a massively SINGLEPLAYER game"

So it kinds of make sense that the game, in its first iteration, will be focus far more on the journey, rerolling, remaking the same characters and taking different paths, doing a different set of quest (if you do all the quests you end up impossibly overleveled. You're not supposed to), trying out light/dark side, etc.

When is this supposed to happen? I'm only level 16 so far and I've hit Balmorra, but I haven't found this to be the case at all so far. I've been finding myself doing all the quests in an area (maybe skipping a few group quests, but basically doing every single solo quest) and I barely am leveled enough to finish my story quest. In fact, I'm usually at least one level under my final story quest for the area. I am at the very minimum level to go to Balmorra even after pretty much clearing the last zone I was in. So I'm kind of concerned if this is going to be a continuing trend or if there will be more quests in future zones I'm visiting. Thanks. :)

Theres nothing wrong with wanting more, but if you are desperately trying to get to "end game" you're only ruining things for yourself. Like stated in an earlier post, WoW didn't launch with that much content, compared to how it is now and if you -really- want more content reroll. Unlike WoW rerolling in this game is -actually- different, because the main story completely changes for you. It's not like going from a mage to a warrior where just your gameplay changes, there's more content/story overall.

When is this supposed to happen? I'm only level 16 so far and I've hit Balmorra, but I haven't found this to be the case at all so far. I've been finding myself doing all the quests in an area (maybe skipping a few group quests, but basically doing every single solo quest) and I barely am leveled enough to finish my story quest. In fact, I'm usually at least one level under my final story quest for the area. I am at the very minimum level to go to Balmorra even after pretty much clearing the last zone I was in. So I'm kind of concerned if this is going to be a continuing trend or if there will be more quests in future zones I'm visiting. Thanks. :)

Do you never flashpoint? I am level 13 and just starting Coruscant.

Do you never flashpoint? I am level 13 and just starting Coruscant.

It's kind of annoying trying to find people for flashpoints so I have been avoiding them so far. I don't remember what level I got to Dromund Kaas...level 11 maybe? Now I just hit 16 and am at Balmorra. It's just very concerning because Sith warr quests can be kind of tough (they are usually 4 levels ahead of you when you get them). So I like to get as close to the level required for them when I go. But I've been finding that kind of difficult to do. Like I said, the last one I did I was still 1 level below despite doing all the single player quests in Dromund Kaas. Hoping that changes on Balmorra and that there are more quests so I can level because I imagine these Sith Warr quests will only get tougher with time.