Boss defense

RuQu

What is it? Do they have a standard 5% avoidance? Does it vary by boss? by boss type (ie caster, tank, melee?)

Alternate phrasing: how much accuracy do we need above 100% to ensure we hit a boss? What's the "hit-cap?"

110% is the accuracy cap. For every level above you, the mob gains 5% defense, and boss mobs are 2 levels higher than the player in Operations.

so 5%+5%+5% =15% accuracy

=105% and not 110% right? and because most people dont care about the basic ability accuracy and skills have 100% you shoyld need 10%

correct me if I m wrong on this one plz

so 5%+5%+5% =15% accuracy

=105% and not 110% right? and because most people dont care about the basic ability accuracy and skills have 100% you shoyld need 10%

correct me if I m wrong on this one plz

depends if the skill does white or yellow damage.

i'm a marksmanship sniper. most of my abilities are white damage. i have seen dodge, parry, and even miss when my white accuracy was below 100

what i'm wondering, which ties into the op, is what accuracy do i need to have no miss, no dodge, no parry, in hm flashpoints, and in ops.

• 5 months later...

bump.

I'd like to get a clarification on this. What melee/ranged accuracy is needed? What tech accuracy is needed?

I would guess that up to that point accuracy rating would be the most important stat.

• 4 months later...
I know this is a relatively old thread, but when searching the internet, this came up as one of the first options, so I feel like I should probably set things straight. Assuming a mob is your level, you need 100% accuracy to hit it (not 90%). If the enemy is an operations boss mob (therefore being 2 levels above the player, assuming that is true), the required accuracy would be 110% (100% + 5% + 5%). Force and tech accuracy is always 10% higher than normal accuracy, so no a sorcerer is not going to need to stack accuracy. But a carnage marauder? A marksmanship sniper? Yeah, you should probably make sure you have a good amount ;)

Your misses are with your basic attack, though. There is NO reason to stack accuracy above 100%, because it only affects your basic attack and offhand hits.

That's not true... I can see right there in my combat log that all other attacks can miss as well

That's not true... I can see right there in my combat log that all other attacks can miss as well

But they only miss if the target has special defences.

I've got a few hours of parse for EC NiM up atm and I miss nothing except about 8-9% default attack.

I have very slightly over 100 accuracy with only ear not 27.