Difference between noraml and hard.

I'm coming up to level 50 soon and i was wondering what the difference was between normal and hard modes of flashpoints. is it simply that the trash and bosses deal more damage and have more life? or do the bosses actually have more mechanics involved when fighting them?

I'm coming up to level 50 soon and i was wondering what the difference was between normal and hard modes of flashpoints. is it simply that the trash and bosses deal more damage and have more life? or do the bosses actually have more mechanics involved when fighting them?

The fights vary quite dramatically sometimes, mostly because certain abilites deal more damage and become more central to the fight as a result (such as the suicide drones on the darkside choice boss on BT, or a certain droid's stealth assassination technique on false emperor). But the tactics that apply in hard mode can be applied in normal mode in my experience, but usually tactics for normal mode need to be adjusted for hardmode.

Not AS much if the FP is already high level, but they're very important.

Also, you're on a timer to kill the boss or it will enrage and probably kill most of the party. The strategy can vary significantly sometimes because of the added damage/health of some abilities.

Some fights increase in difficulty much more than others.

The fights vary quite dramatically sometimes, mostly because certain abilites deal more damage and become more central to the fight as a result (such as the suicide drones on the darkside choice boss on BT, or a certain droid's stealth assassination technique on false emperor). But the tactics that apply in hard mode can be applied in normal mode in my experience, but usually tactics for normal mode need to be adjusted for hardmode.

Not AS much if the FP is already high level, but they're very important.

Also, you're on a timer to kill the boss or it will enrage and probably kill most of the party. The strategy can vary significantly sometimes because of the added damage/health of some abilities.

Some fights increase in difficulty much more than others.

ah i see. thanks for the info. i was curious because Rift does a good job, in my opinion, with its "hard modes" and was hoping for a similar experience here.