I lack the Willpower (Mastery) to unsubscribe.

PetFish

NB: I'm speaking for myself here and not the entire community.

I hate what the game has become. Launch up to year 3/4 were still fun and playing through all classes and stories, even multiple times, was amazing.

I hate the direction the game is going. Every year it gets more and more dumbed-down to try and lure new players but has it worked? The constant complaints I see about losing subscribers left and right should be a red flag that this approach isn't working. Also, the "same content release format for 2018 as 2017". *sigh*

Developers see what people are asking for... and then do the opposite, or don't do anything, or come up with something that nobody asked for nor cares about.

Community representatives (Keith & Eric and many others over the years) that hardly engage with the community and when they do people slobber all over them for some reason giving them no incentive to do anything worthwhile since people just accept the status quo.

I'm bored. All I'm doing is grinding old achievements.

PvP is boring. One map for every year SWTOR has been around is just lame.

PvE is boring. Same-old, same-old for years.

Solo is boring. I've taken exactly one character all the way to the end of KotET and have no desire to snore any others through the exact same story.

Now new events since... Nightlife in June 2014? For me events are probably my most enjoyable thing. My favorite was Gree followed by Rakghoul. Anyone who's been playing for a year has probably long since maxed-out their reputation and rewards and here they are just running them over and over again as if this is somehow "content".

They are somehow making enough money through the CM to keep making more CM items constantly but not enough money to actually improve the game in ways the community has been suggesting for years.

I don't know why I'm still playing and subscribing. I guess I just love Star Wars and keep hoping it'll get better for me even though I haven't been happy for a long time now. I have other hobbies I could be doing but just can't pull the trigger and usubscribe for some reason. I need an intervention or something.

TL;DR - At this point I'd actually be relieved if the game died since I can't bring myself to walk away on my own.

I hate what the game has become. Launch up to year 3/4 were still fun and playing through all classes and stories, even multiple times, was amazing.

I hate the direction the game is going. Every year it gets more and more dumbed-down to try and lure new players but has it worked? The constant complaints I see about losing subscribers left and right should be a red flag that this approach isn't working. Also, the "same content release format for 2018 as 2017". *sigh*

Developers see what people are asking for... and then do the opposite, or don't do anything, or come up with something that nobody asked for nor cares about.

Community representatives (Keith & Eric and many others over the years) that hardly engage with the community and when they do people slobber all over them for some reason giving them no incentive to do anything worthwhile since people just accept the status quo.

I'm bored. All I'm doing is grinding old achievements.

PvP is boring. One map for every year SWTOR has been around is just lame.

PvE is boring. Same-old, same-old for years.

Solo is boring. I've taken exactly one character all the way to the end of KotET and have no desire to snore any others through the exact same story.

Now new events since... Nightlife in June 2014? For me events are probably my most enjoyable thing. My favorite was Gree followed by Rakghoul. Anyone who's been playing for a year has probably long since maxed-out their reputation and rewards and here they are just running them over and over again as if this is somehow "content".

They are somehow making enough money through the CM to keep making more CM items constantly but not enough money to actually improve the game in ways the community has been suggesting for years.

I don't know why I'm still playing and subscribing. I guess I just love Star Wars and keep hoping it'll get better for me even though I haven't been happy for a long time now. I have other hobbies I could be doing but just can't pull the trigger and usubscribe for some reason. I need an intervention or something.

TL;DR - At this point I'd actually be relieved if the game died since I can't bring myself to walk away on my own.

It’s called addiction. 😉

I hear you. Same feelings here. I spent way too much time in this game during the first years. Not anymore, because there is not much to do. But I still buy discounted gametime cards any time I find some offers. Money is not an issue. There is nowadays the question though: Why am I still subbing if I barely play anymore and no new content to my liking is developed? Some years ago, I claimed on this very board that I will stay a sub until the very last day of this game. I'm just too loyal. I said it, thus I stand by my word.

TBH, I just kept playing for the longest time waiting for some companion reunions. I've moderetaly enjoyed the content I was getting, but that detail was the thing actually motivating me to play since KotET at least. Now that I'm getting what I wanted, I came back briefly and will say this game a lovely goodbye, with no regrets and full appreciation for the quality time I had with it (unlike my earlier ragequit).

My point being, unless there's something you're specifically looking forward in the forseeable future, don't torture yourself. MMOs are huge timesinks, they're not worth it unless you really enjoy it. Give yourself a week to say goodbye to guildmates, give your assets to people that might have a use for them and tell the game goodbye while the momeries of good times are still strong. Seeing it devolve further into state of decay will only make it sad and frustrating. :)

You are not alone! I'm in a same feeling boat like you.

However, I did play through the story 3 times (1 for pure light, 1 for pure dark and 1 for mix/neutral choices) then I have no desire to play the story again since my choices in the story DOES NOT make any different outcome result. For now I'm trying to reach Command level 300 then I'm not sure what I will doing to the game and I still have over 1 year of active game time on my account :o I have few other games active too like Black Desert Online, Blade and Souls, Diablo III, FF14 but I keep coming back to SWTOR and pretty much feel bore soon hahaha...Might be I can not give up the lightsaber weapon even other game have much better visual looking on both character and weapon and outfit! I got my eyes on Anthem too so if that game live up the hype then at that time I might finally say good bye to SWTOR.

The sad thing is that before SWTOR I had never played an MMO and I was sure this was going to happen.

My friend was playing beta-testing this and was begging me to play when it came out. I explained my reasons for not wanting to and playing it too much or becoming addicted was the reason.

He would not shut up nor leave me alone and I finally caved and now here I am exactly where I feared I would be and he's nowhere to be found.

FMMMOL

I'm taking a little break to retry Andromeda. I was actually able to create a really great looking Ryder this time, and I'm far more engaged with it now. I can't stick to a game too long if I don't like the character models. This is why I never did more than 15% of DA:I and probably never will take it up again. Even the Nexus mods couldn't save that fugly mess for me.

I won't unsub from SWTOR until they shutter it (or they do something like make Ashara leave me the way Elara does :mad:

EDIT: I was sure fugly would be censored :p

Edited by aerockyul

The sad thing is that before SWTOR I had never played an MMO and I was sure this was going to happen.

My friend was playing beta-testing this and was begging me to play when it came out. I explained my reasons for not wanting to and playing it too much or becoming addicted was the reason.

He would not shut up nor leave me alone and I finally caved and now here I am exactly where I feared I would be and he's nowhere to be found.

FMMMOL

Do you have any fun when you log on? I don't know anyone happy with the lack of development, but what we do have is still fun to play, and the people I play with make it the best game ever. If you don't already, find a group of players you fit in with, and play with them...you'd be amazed at how much stupid fun you can have doing the same **** over and over with the right people.

I'm taking a little break to retry Andromeda. I was actually able to create a really great looking Ryder this time, and I'm far more engaged with it now.
Mind sharing? I struggled with that. Not that I have any plans to go back any time soon. Biggest disappointment in a game I've ever experienced.

Mind sharing? I struggled with that. Not that I have any plans to go back any time soon. Biggest disappointment in a game I've ever experienced.

I got her to look really close to Aubrey Plaza (wasn't going for that, but as it got closer I went with it, and the more I liked it (big Parks & Rec fan)). The girl before (that I could no longer play with, but was the best I could do at the time after wasting over an hour in that creator)--all i can say is she looked like a raccoon/fox hybrid. Charitably. I agree with you on the disappointment. The character creator limitations and overall look of the character models were so much of a turnoff that I didn't want to continue even though I happen to like how the game works.

I still hate the the look of the hair in ME:A...every single color is far too shiny, with no gloss/sheen sliders.

Clearly, your reasons for playing it then are different than they are now. You might want to reconsider what you want from a game and adjust accordingly.

I know what I have to do but don't have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

Do you have any fun when you log on? I don't know anyone happy with the lack of development, but what we do have is still fun to play, and the people I play with make it the best game ever. If you don't already, find a group of players you fit in with, and play with them...you'd be amazed at how much stupid fun you can have doing the same **** over and over with the right people.

No, I'm not really having fun right now, I probably haven't had actual fun since I finished KotFE on multiple characters, then only took one all the way through KotET. This is what's really bugging me is that I can't unsubscribe from something I'm not enjoying... I think mostly cuz it's Star Wars.

I've told myself a few times I'll subscribe "one more time and see how it goes" and even though it's not going how I hope or want I still can't pull the plug.

FMMMOL

I played SWTOR because of my guild from other game wanted to play SWTOR.

We moved to this game at lauch and we have like 120 members, 50% dropped out during first 6 months due to bad PvP contents (yes, we are PvP'er players), then more left later and now ONLY ME playing SWTOR here and there solo PvE contents. Most of my friends are playing Esport PvP like BnS and they all like "WHAT? YOU'RE STILL PLAYING SWTOR? YOU ARE CRAZY DUDE..." :p

I got her to look really close to Aubrey Plaza (wasn't going for that, but as it got closer I went with it, and the more I liked it (big Parks & Rec fan)).
Well, we could talk Parks & Rec - like how a character who was supposed to be in a couple of episodes became a highlight of a rocky 1st season and launched him into show and then movie stardom

Or we could go on ad nauseam about Andromeda misqueues

But then we'd be hijacking thread and moved to off-topic.

But, can you load your Ryder here?

Here's what really sucks....it probably can't be fixed for you.

And that's not a knock on you, implying that you're unreasonable (it's your head...not for me to say), or that you can't be pleased. It IS saying that BW probably can't do enough to make you happy.

I've seen it several times...you've not had your expectations met for too long, and been playing mostly due to inertia. All that time you've kept logging in, it's been to something that disappoints you....over time, resentment's been building up. At this point, even if BW did everything you'd ever asked for, it might not be enough to undo that time....it'd probably just feel a day late and a dollar short.

I get it. I don't agree with you on the state of the game...I'm having fun...but I respect that your opinion is different, and I recognize the corner you're in. That sucks.

The one thing every game has in common is that nobody ever plays any game regularly forever, or even just forever. Everybody burns out sometimes, and everybody decides they're done eventually.

Sounds like, ready for it or not, you're there. I don't say this often, but I honestly think the best thing for you is to get out, go do something fun. Easier said than done, but I hate seeing anybody play a game to not have fun.

G'luck man.

Edited by ArdeliaAgain

I do dislike what's happening with SWTOR but at the same time....Don't really want to quit. That Zakuul story, how the companions were handled, Homogenizing our class's into one and other direction decisions based on personal tastes and not necessarily "Star Wars" I think has diminished the population/Income to a Point it seems Hope is more prevalent then Enthusiasm.

Ofcourse I *Hope it'll get better and all this *No News is actually *Secrecy (Although I've seen nothing to support that) but that's Hope right? ........:)

I realize it's necessary to say that here, but is this common on other game forums? That is, is there a sizeable contingent of insane pedants on WoW's forums who will cry foul if a poster dares to use 'you' or 'we' to describe a feeling they as an individual have? I lol'd the first time I saw someone do that here, but was shocked to realize that it's considered normal.

That still sounds like a form of addiction. 😉

Sounds like someone who doesn't have real addictions or know anyone who does. Naive people, in other words. No, your obsession with gaming is not an addiction. When it liquefies your organs from overuse, get back to me.

Or that girl/boyfriend you can't quite dump, just in case what you saw in them at the start of your relationship comes back.

This.

SWTOR is like having a relationship with someone who has borderline personality disorder---maybe their looks turn you on or something else they do that makes you want them even though they won't ever do right. They'll set your house on fire, empty your bank account, have an affair---you name it. And yet you can't bring yourself to kick them out.