Character Transfers Now Available for Asia Pacific Territories

CourtneyWoods

Hello everyone, I've been told that our hotfix has now been deployed and the page should be working for everyone who is currently qualified for Asia-Pacific character transfers.

If you experience issues, please ensure your browser isn't caching the page incorrectly by logging out, deleting your cache and cookies, and then if necessary trying in a different browser.

Hi,

So i'm living in new-caledonia, 2 hours by plane from australia and new-zealand, i did'nt receive the confirmation e-mail for transfer. I know i'm not linving in australia, but its so close. I would like to transfer my trooper:

Origianl realm: The Harbinger

Toon's name: Schwarzy

Realm to transfer him: Dalborra.

I really hope i can get transfer him as soon as possible.

Regards

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bioware, ;D

I nominated the 3 characters I want to transfer and after hitting the Request Transfer button it is greyed out and not Green as customers are saying! Can anyone confirm that the Request was successful?

There should be a reason up to the very top of the page on the first attempt it was because i too many toons on the server i was transferring to, i just deleted placeholders till there was space for my swiftsure mains and then there was no issue. you should then get a "Your transfer requests have been saved." in green at the top

Thanks bioware, ;D

There should be a reason up to the very top of the page on the first attempt it was because i too many toons on the server i was transferring to, i just deleted placeholders till there was space for my swiftsure mains and then there was no issue. you should then get a "Your transfer requests have been saved." in green at the top

I needed to do this as well and it worked fine ^

Thanks Bioware, am looking forward to getting my toons onto the Pacific servers!!:D

New question, how will this work with people who have a lot of characters and name holder characters on the Oceanic server being used to save those names. They get the below error message:

We were unable to process your requested move of characters to ******. This account has reached the eight (8) character maximum on the server, ******. Please either change your Asia Pacific server selection or delete any unwanted characters on ****** and resubmit your request.

Do those people just take a leap of faith that after 2 weeks their names won't be taken?

Also, with all the posts regarding the problems the question still hasn't been answered regarding saved names. The FAQ says that we will be forced to change the transferred character's names when we log into our account. Does this mean once the transfer goes through we will have no chance to delete level 1 characters used to save names? Or should that say when we log in with the transferred character for the first time?

FYI. The error message I got was because I have 6 characters on Dalbora (2 name holder characters, and 1 that I will delete anyway). I want to transfer 3, so after the deletion I shouldn't get this error. Will check when I get home though to make sure.

New question, how will this work with people who have a lot of characters and name holder characters on the Oceanic server being used to save those names. They get the below error message:

We were unable to process your requested move of characters to ******. This account has reached the eight (8) character maximum on the server, ******. Please either change your Asia Pacific server selection or delete any unwanted characters on ****** and resubmit your request.

Do those people just take a leap of faith that after 2 weeks their names won't be taken?

Also, with all the posts regarding the problems the question still hasn't been answered regarding saved names. The FAQ says that we will be forced to change the transferred character's names when we log into our account. Does this mean once the transfer goes through we will have no chance to delete level 1 characters used to save names? Or should that say when we log in with the transferred character for the first time?

FYI. The error message I got was because I have 6 characters on Dalbora (2 name holder characters, and 1 that I will delete anyway). I want to transfer 3, so after the deletion I shouldn't get this error. Will check when I get home though to make sure.

I also need to know this before I submit my form. I have 6 characters that I play and reserved my names on the Aus server too. This was a moment of elation for me, because I have never ever had first choice of the names I like in any mmo, I've always had to alter the spelling some way. Now I finally have, and there doesn't seem to be an answer except to delete them and hope they don't get taken in the next 7 days.

Edited by filmsaboutghosts

are you meant to get a confirmation once you make the selection? Mine is working now (the form atleast), but when i click submit, no confirmation comes up. It just saves the xfer selection i made ....

Hi! I'm not sure how to fill out the form for a character transfer?

It says I am eligible for the transfer, but when I click on Request Transfers nothing happens.

http://www.gamearena.com.au/res/2007/images/features/custom/singlefeatures/swtorchartransfersapacjoaby.jpg

Above is a screen of my transfer page.

Hey Jobay good to see you still playin bro, which server you heading over to?

One of my characters have finally showed up for selection to the new server, but my more recent level 25 has not. Anyone know why this has happened? I dont really wanna split my characters up. I dont even play my old character anymore but i need its legacy points

One of my characters have finally showed up for selection to the new server, but my more recent level 25 has not. Anyone know why this has happened? I dont really wanna split my characters up. I dont even play my old character anymore but i need its legacy points

If the character was created after the 28th of February it would not be eligible for a transfer.

If the character was created after the 28th of February it would not be eligible for a transfer.

That's the official word I got from Support as well. Though the Support guy who responded to my query about this stated that they had to be Level 10 by the 28th February which seems not the case for others. As long as the character was created by that date seems to be enough for some.

Stated reason:

"We are sorry to hear that you have some concerns with the guidelines for eligibility for character transfers to the new servers.

Unfortunately we had to introduce a strict set of minor guidelines in order to ensure the smooth operation of these transfers which we are unable to waver as all information is gathered on specific dates and times from our databases for the eligibility.

I understand this is not the news you were hoping for but trust I have explained our reasons for your understanding."

So that's bascally it. I won't be transferring as I've spent too much time on Group Flashpoints, Heroics etc and have my secondary toon at Level 20 now and quite happy with his progress. Be a waste to throw that all away for the sake of a couple hundred ping (which really has not affected my experience at all). I just hope "The Harbinger" doesn't become a wasteland as other US servers seem to have become.

Has there been any official word on other common countries who normally want to play on oceanic servers instead of US ones?

I am personally an Australian and thus qualify for the transfer, but many countries that normally gravitate towards the superior pings on oceanic servers have not been offered the transfer as yet.

For example:

Malaysian players experience mediocre-to-terrible pings to US servers but generally can get 200ms or so to oceanic servers, and thus there is a large player-base of Malaysians who run with the oceanic crowd, and always roll on oceanic servers.

I am sure that several other countries would benefit vastly from the transfer, and since these players are currently guilded with other oceanic players on unofficial oceanic servers like Swiftsure, they stand to be left in the dust once the majority of the guild transfers off the server.

Our guild on Swiftsure includes plenty of Malaysian players who are worried that they will not be able to transfer to the oceanic server and be with the rest of the guild in experiencing superior pings.

Will more countries be added to the list of eligible countries soon? or will paid transfers be implemented shortly to prevent the splitting of guilds as a result of the transfer?

Edited by Obbu

Most of my characters are on The Harbinger and I've managed to register them all for transfer to Dalborra.

The weird thing is that I have two characters already on Dalborra, and one of them is listed as an option for transfer. Apparently it thinks that character is on The Harbinger.

If I was to take a wild guess as to the cause: I think I was playing that character when Bioware pulled the data over, and it snagged itself to the rest of my characters.

I've left the character as "Don't transfer" and as long as it doesn't cause any issues, I don't care. But it's clearly a bug.

I like many others, reserved their beloved character names on the new Asia-Pacific servers in preparation for the merge service that would eventually become available. The idea being to preserve our favourite character names when we move onto the dedicated Aus-Pac server.

Trouble is that to transfer, you need free slots on the destination server; fair enough as the game supports 8 slots per person.

Deleting the character on your destination server to provide an open slot will provide ample opportunity for another player to take the name you had reserved since the server opened. Up to 7 days according to the FAQ.

How is the xfer process going to handle the situation of people "name griefing" (for lack of a better term)? I -like many other early starters- stayed up waiting for the servers to come online to reserve the names we loved to play as, but the process appears to opened up the easy chance to lose those names to another person.

I'm not demanding more slots, just confirmation that the xfer process will preserve the names I reserved to host my incomming character transfers.

(perhaps an agreement that incoming character transfers will overwrite an existing character with an identical name?)

Edited by FerralKoala
edited for clarification

I'd like to request Bioware relook at their date restriction for transfers. I have a lvl 32 Sniper that obviously just missed the Feb 28 cutoff point and is not showing as available. I cant see any real logical reason as to why you would need a cut off date for characters to transfer. It just seems like its being deliberately obstructive.

When the transfers were advised i made a point of raising a ticket with a CSR to confirm with them that my sniper would be eligible to transfer and was assured that he would be. So i am obviously a little unhappy about him not being on that list...

I suspect we're just going to have to deal with the reserved name issue ourselves.

There's no way Bioware would implement a process where a character is automatically deleted, even if they sought confirmation at the time. Any other solution (that isn't fully automated) could make the process far more complicated than it already is, so I doubt they would risk it. Far safer from Bioware's perspective to leave it as a player's responsibility to deal with. Personally I wouldn't argue with such an attitude, given the problems they've had already.

i started playing this game just after the cut off date with my mates on a US server and now they qualify for Asia Pacific Territories transfers and are transferring. i would like to transfer with then. are transfers going to be open to everyone later if so when and what is it going to cost. Edited by Meneluaus

i started playing this game well after the cut off date with my mates on a US server and now they qualify for Asia Pacific Territories transfers and are transferring. i would like to transfer with then. are transfers going to be open to everyone later if so when and what is it going to cost.

I would also like to know what is going to happen to other people who made a character after 28th feb. There is no information about this.