[SPOILERS] Theran Shan 'Crisis On Umbara (Romance/Non-Romance) Opinions and Thoughts

CaptainPann

All I know is I am so going to get back at Theron for that train fiasco. I may reign in my revenge plans if he has a good enough explanation for it when we get to that bridge. Buuuuut I'm at least going to give him the beating of a lifetime for being a pain in the neck.

It occurs to me that he may have leaked the conversation as a means of leading us on, getting us to chase him so he (and the OoZ) can be there to take us down when he finds the YASW(1), a sort of equivalent of nuking us from orbit. (It's the only way to be sure.) If they don't catch us directly in the output of the YASW, there's no guarantee that we'll be dead.

Or he may be having second thoughts, possibly inspired by the planet where the YASW is. It isn't clear which planet it is, but it's obviously somewhere that he doesn't like the idea of going to, and he is looking for a way out of this situation he got himself into. The red flashy thing was there as a result of the professional spy's habit of making sure he always has a way out of a sticky situation. Quite why he thinks his chances of surviving an encounter with Darth Nox(2) are better than his chances of surviving whatever planet it is is beyond me.

(1) Yet Another Super-Weapon.

(2) As soon as Lana is done pulling his toenails out and whatever else she wants to do, Yerka Kolar will be converting him into a pile of crispy-fried charcoal briquettes. Others among my characters will be doing different things, but mercy won't be high on the list.

I always thought Theron was serious, until they placed the deep cover set in the cm. I still think he can turn against you however, if you choose to use the superweapon for yourself which will probably be a DS choice.

Yeah, if there was any doubt, BW kinda blew that whistle, didn't they? :p

Yeah, if there was any doubt, BW kinda blew that whistle, didn't they? :p

I'm not sure how anyone could have been fooled by it. As far as I can remember, BW has never taken a companion character away from a player on a whim (with the exception of the beginning of ET, but I don't count that since everyone was gone). The fact that it doesn't matter how you treat him or others is a big indication that there's something else going on. In all of their previous titles, you could lose companions based on you actions. In this one, characterization has been bad all the way through.

I'm not sure how anyone could have been fooled by it. As far as I can remember, BW has never taken a companion character away from a player on a whim (with the exception of the beginning of ET, but I don't count that since everyone was gone). The fact that it doesn't matter how you treat him or others is a big indication that there's something else going on. In all of their previous titles, you could lose companions based on you actions. In this one, characterization has been bad all the way through.

Yup...that's been my exact argument since Day 1 of Theron Does Stupid Theron Things. :D