Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I have been waiting for this feature since my second day of playing. It has been and remains my number one complaint for the game.

Partly because of this issue, my interest in the game waned, but since the hood toggle was promised to be included in patch 1.3, I made plans to return and play a knight again. Alas, I was disappointed. Especially with the new custom armor and adaptive armor added, I was dumbfounded that there weren't at least some robes with the hood down added, like those on the Empire side. Perhaps BioWare is already working on the toggle, and sees adding hoodless robes as an unnecessary step-stone, but at this point, such a "band-aid" is sorely needed.

This is a broken record, I know, but it will keep screeching until it is given some much needed TLC.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been waiting for this feature since my second day of playing. It has been and remains my number one complaint for the game.

Partly because of this issue, my interest in the game waned, but since the hood toggle was promised to be included in patch 1.3, I made plans to return and play a knight again. Alas, I was disappointed. Especially with the new custom armor and adaptive armor added, I was dumbfounded that there weren't at least some robes with the hood down added, like those on the Empire side. Perhaps BioWare is already working on the toggle, and sees adding hoodless robes as an unnecessary step-stone, but at this point, such a "band-aid" is sorely needed.

This is a broken record, I know, but it will keep screeching until it is given some much needed TLC.

"Perhaps BioWare is already working on the toggle..."

^^^ I wish bioware would make a statement again one way or the other instead of just letting this thread grow and fester.

"Perhaps BioWare is already working on the toggle..."

^^^ I wish bioware would make a statement again one way or the other instead of just letting this thread grow and fester.

From the dev tracker:

"Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!"

• 2 weeks later...
From the dev tracker:

"Hood up and hood down is still in the works. Unfortunately, it requires a few changes to our art pipeline and reprocessing those assets by the artists. The team has been hard at work on our upcoming content, and priorities put hood up/down on the back burner just a bit, but it's still on the To Do list and we are still very much aware of the demand - by developers and players alike!"

To Do list my ***. Listen to the players, take the 5 seconds of coding it takes to do it. If not, I cancel my subscription. I've been fighting in Light Armor as a Level 50 Guardian, and I'm goddamn tired how pathetic this issue is becoming. If you're not going to do a Hood toggle, then put hoods on all hoodless NPCs. Nuff said.

To Do list my ***. Listen to the players, take the 5 seconds of coding it takes to do it. If not, I cancel my subscription. I've been fighting in Light Armor as a Level 50 Guardian, and I'm gosh darn tired how pathetic this issue is becoming. If you're not going to do a Hood toggle, then put hoods on all hoodless NPCs. Nuff said.

I feel the same way. It's almost a year now since release and Bioware have constantly used hood down armor models in their marketing.

In the live stream they stated it's was one of things which should have easier to implement but is more difficult than than they though and the part of research into it led to companion color matching etc. It did come across as they are researching how to implement it.

How easy it is to do could depends on various factors but Twileks were mentioned as their lekkus remove the hood so they have address those issues at the same time.

Like many I really want it in game and believe it should been there from day 1.

Edited by EzoEo
typos.

FREEDOM!!!!! The Destroyer set in the new Cartel packs has this as an option. It's not legacy bound, but it is a level 31 item, it's got mods, and it binds on equip. The whole set costs 1200 cartel coins, which isn't too bad. I'm only wearing the chest. The gloves are just a set of grooper glovces I had, Republic Officer's pants, Rakghoul even boots and that's about it. The character was transfered to the PTS a LONG time go, so his gear sorta sucks, but at least now he has a hood-down robe. Hoozah!!!!!

And for those who also wonder: 375 coins for a race.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/Heironeous77/HoodDown.jpg

Freedom? This thing is freakin' purple and the armor has yellow patterns. Jedi should not wear this. I would not wear this even if paid to do so!

And the level is WAY TOO HIGH. I want to enjoy my Jedi head and armor when I am leveling and watching cutscenes.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Freedom? This thing is freakin' purple and the armor has yellow patterns. Jedi should not wear this. I would not wear this even if paid to do so!

And the level is WAY TOO HIGH. I want to enjoy my Jedi head and armor when I am leveling and watching cutscenes.

It's level 31, which is fairly even with when we get non-robe looking armor anyway. I may be pissed that I have to buy it, sure, but just seeing my characters hair for the first time since wearing a trooper chest was enough to leave me dancing. It's a bandaid for a gunshot wound, but it's still a band-aid.

FREEDOM!!!!! The Destroyer set in the new Cartel packs has this as an option. It's not legacy bound, but it is a level 31 item, it's got mods, and it binds on equip. The whole set costs 1200 cartel coins, which isn't too bad. I'm only wearing the chest. The gloves are just a set of grooper glovces I had, Republic Officer's pants, Rakghoul even boots and that's about it. The character was transfered to the PTS a LONG time go, so his gear sorta sucks, but at least now he has a hood-down robe. Hoozah!!!!!

And for those who also wonder: 375 coins for a race.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/Heironeous77/HoodDown.jpg

What do you mean "as an option"? Is there in-store a Destroyer - Hood up, and Destroyer - Hood down set? Or is there one set and when you buy it there's a hood-toggle option? if that's the case...are the rest of the Cartel coin gears with hoods like this, and if so, where is the aforementioned hood-toggle option?

What do you mean "as an option"? Is there in-store a Destroyer - Hood up, and Destroyer - Hood down set? Or is there one set and when you buy it there's a hood-toggle option? if that's the case...are the rest of the Cartel coin gears with hoods like this, and if so, where is the aforementioned hood-toggle option?

It has hood down instead of all the hood up that all other ingame rep robes have. That's what he means by 'option'. There is no toggle.

Edited by Stealios

It's level 31, which is fairly even with when we get non-robe looking armor anyway. I may be pissed that I have to buy it, sure, but just seeing my characters hair for the first time since wearing a trooper chest was enough to leave me dancing. It's a bandaid for a gunshot wound, but it's still a band-aid.

Dude, check out my thread. Those armor sets should've been a band-aid.

Dude, check out my thread. Those armor sets should've been a band-aid.

That will come next month or the month after, after you've spent a lot of those Cartel coins so you have to buy more to get the "expanded" equipment. Don't forget this game is from the same people who brought you, 7 VHS editions of the movies before then releasing 8 editions of the DVD's soon to have the 8 special limited edition super gold mega fan pack for Blu-Ray with commentary from Jesus.

I'm a Consular Sage and I have the opposite complaint. I want the hood up and the only Armor set, beyond some oranges, that has a hood up is the Force Master set (the only crafted light armor with a hood!). I'd like to wear some of those masks in the 49-50 ranges with a hood up but the armor sets for the consular are all no hood or hood down (I see them on the back). Again, I'd love to see that option applied to either put the hood up or down which I'm sure is a broken record by now. The programming side of this is probably more complex than many realize or else it would have been done by now. How many armor sets would have to be refactored to accomplish this - a lot. Any status updates on this, Bioware?

That will come next month or the month after, after you've spent a lot of those Cartel coins so you have to buy more to get the "expanded" equipment. Don't forget this game is from the same people who brought you, 7 VHS editions of the movies before then releasing 8 editions of the DVD's soon to have the 8 special limited edition super gold mega fan pack for Blu-Ray with commentary from Jesus.

Uh... I only got Original Trilogy, I, II on VHS and RotS on DVD. I was waiting 8 years for the Blu-ray release :l

I'm a Consular Sage and I have the opposite complaint. I want the hood up and the only Armor set, beyond some oranges, that has a hood up is the Force Master set (the only crafted light armor with a hood!). I'd like to wear some of those masks in the 49-50 ranges with a hood up but the armor sets for the consular are all no hood or hood down (I see them on the back). Again, I'd love to see that option applied to either put the hood up or down which I'm sure is a broken record by now. The programming side of this is probably more complex than many realize or else it would have been done by now. How many armor sets would have to be refactored to accomplish this - a lot. Any status updates on this, Bioware?

Rubbish! Most of consular robes have hoods up...

Hi Bioware, how's the progress with the hood toggle? Armor in the Cash Shop is awful and I won't be purchasing any of it - not a single requested npc armor set is there, that has a hood down. I will be better off with hood toggle and current sets.

I have to admit I was silly to believe them too. To think they'd actually add the NPC's armors to the store....

But if they did that, it'd be a step up from the current clown-costumes, and I'd actually be able to see my character's face, but they can't have that.....

It's almost like the armor appearances have become some kind of sick joke to them. I bet they sit around trying on the outfits and do what the rest of us do: laugh. The difference is, we laugh, but then we get sad when we realize they don't really care....

12-months since this game came out, and this thread has stayed on the first page on the forums. They keep saying that even the devs want a hood toggle, but they've released 2 new tiers of gear, only 1 of which is original (and the devs admitted that they know the players think they're aweful), the other a recolor of the aweful-ness, no hood-down appearances for jedi, and now the cartel store with literally no new armor appearances.

Also, let's ignore all the screenshots, promo videos, and other forms of advertisement that show hood-down robes and other armor that's not even available in the game.

At what point do I have a right to feel misled and lied to?

I have to admit I was silly to believe them too. To think they'd actually add the NPC's armors to the store....

But if they did that, it'd be a step up from the current clown-costumes, and I'd actually be able to see my character's face, but they can't have that.....

It's almost like the armor appearances have become some kind of sick joke to them. I bet they sit around trying on the outfits and do what the rest of us do: laugh. The difference is, we laugh, but then we get sad when we realize they don't really care....

12-months since this game came out, and this thread has stayed on the first page on the forums. They keep saying that even the devs want a hood toggle, but they've released 2 new tiers of gear, only 1 of which is original (and the devs admitted that they know the players think they're aweful), the other a recolor of the aweful-ness, no hood-down appearances for jedi, and now the cartel store with literally no new armor appearances.

Also, let's ignore all the screenshots, promo videos, and other forms of advertisement that show hood-down robes and other armor that's not even available in the game.

At what point do I have a right to feel misled and lied to?

Right now, pretty much. There was a nice thread entitled "Fraud" and stuff but went down quickly. Basically, someone nicely brought up what was said earlier that the Mask, Throne, Kowakian-Monkey lizard are among the items we CAN PURCHASE from the Cartel Shop. Soz, we can purchase Cartel Boxes, not those items.

Right now, pretty much. There was a nice thread entitled "Fraud" and stuff but went down quickly. Basically, someone nicely brought up what was said earlier that the Mask, Throne, Kowakian-Monkey lizard are among the items we CAN PURCHASE from the Cartel Shop. Soz, we can purchase Cartel Boxes, not those items.

After ME3 and SWTOR, I have stopped trusting anything Bioware says anymore... Which is sad really. After almost a year since release, they are still pushing out misadvertisment for this game...

Yes, I won't bother with pre-ordering DA3. I'll prolly buy some cheapest version from an auction some time after release, if it will turn out to be any good.

Ending of ME3 was a trolling on an enormous scale. It left so many clues behind some are still wondering.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue