PVP Names to fear

kiirc

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did I beat him out of over 1 million credits in duels when he was completely min/maxed?

He is good...but get your facts straight...my name was on that list.

Not taking sides in that particular argument, but there's far more to pvp skill than winning duels. 1v1 is too often considered the end all be all, and if you want to talk about the best duelist, that's a different discussion. But personally, I fear the people who play to WZ objectives far more than mere DPSers.

So why did I beat him out of over 1 million credits in duels when he was completely min/maxed?

He is good...but get your facts straight...my name was on that list.

Omg games such srs bsness cowadoody l33t h@x skill!

Unfunnyname

O'zara

tercept

dilrsie (spelling)

Kaisersoze

Radic

Rohk

Swalker.

What times are rateds ran on this server?

i will try to get these 8 to run some on jung ma since there is no imp good guilds that run on jung ma

o'zara

None of those people were good. They were always in a premade. They were only good together. Not solo. Unfunnyname especially sucked. I mean he's a PT OMG so hard to play. Same with Kaiser (Assasin). Not hard to play.

None of those people were good. They were always in a premade. They were only good together. Not solo. Unfunnyname especially sucked. I mean he's a PT OMG so hard to play. Same with Kaiser (Assasin). Not hard to play.

Obvious troll is obvious?

Many of the better players always roll in a premade. This whole idea that a solo player is awesome and can rambo anything is pretty stupid in an eight-man warzone. How do you think DE got all those ranked wins? Or OOS? Or anyone?

All teamwork, and a lot of practice playing with that team.

Call people trash for running in a premade all day, but when you and your solo queue hit one of those premades, its not the preamde leaving the warzone and rage quitting..

-soze

Amazing how short people's memories are. Less than a year ago, ranked queues stopped when OOS or DE's cores logged in. People had them on their friend lists just so they could know when it was time to stop queuing. While I would argue that the best of each advanced class was represented at any given time between these two guilds when active, that's not the point.

This is an mmo, multiplayer being the key word. Once again, while I believe that the best of each advance class was contained in these two guilds, that fact is moot. What put these above the rest was their ability to use their skills to compliment each other. Sure Swarna could throw up 1 mil in a wz long before others could, Swalk could look at a Sorc and say "watch this" and it's dead 2 gcd's later. But that fact was irrelevent if you didn't have them together. One great player does not make a great team.

Of course all of these people were better when they played together. Coordination with other great players is what makes a great team. Having been in mumble with DE and other guilds has shown me one thing about great players though.

We got mad when we lost. Too many other teams I have been around just said "well we lost, guess it's time to go do something else". What makes a great pvp'er, is the ability to lose, and use that loss to feed a need to get better. To learn from your mistakes. To not make them again. That is what makes a great pvp'er. The desire to constantly get better. And everyone on that list of yours that were trash players, had that desire. If they didn't they wouldn't have been in DE.

Edited by xXSeanzyXx
Typo

Amazing how short people's memories are. Less than a year ago, ranked queues stopped when OOS or DE's cores logged in. People had them on their friend lists just so they could know when it was time to stop queuing. While I would argue that the best of each advanced class was represented at any given time between these two guilds when active, that's not the point.

This is an mmo, multiplayer being the key word. Once again, while I believe that the best of each advance class was contained in these two guilds, that fact is moot. What put these above the rest was their ability to use their skills to compliment each other. Sure Swarna could throw up 1 mil in a wz long before others could, Swalk could look at a Sorc and say "watch this" and it's dead 2 gcd's later. But that fact was irrelevent if you didn't have them together. One great player does not make a great team.

Of course all of these people were better when they played together. Coordination with other great players is what makes a great team. Having been in mumble with DE and other guilds has shown me one thing about great players though.

We got mad when we lost. Too many other teams I have been around just said "well we lost, guess it's time to go do something else". What makes a great pvp'er, is the ability to lose, and use that loss to feed a need to get better. To learn from your mistakes. To not make them again. That is what makes a great pvp'er. The desire to constantly get better. And everyone on that list of yours that were trash players, had that desire. If they didn't they wouldn't have been in DE.

http://i.imgur.com/52pZRuH.gif

I'm sorry but the best of each advanced class was not in order of shadows or dark empire. Also while OOS went undefeated in ranked while they played here, dark empire did not, I personally was in several rwzs where they lost. So while they were good, they weren't the best.

Also why are we talking about these old guilds and players? They quit and left the game, they are irrelevant.

I'm sorry but the best of each advanced class was not in order of shadows or dark empire. Also while OOS went undefeated in ranked while they played here, dark empire did not, I personally was in several rwzs where they lost. So while they were good, they weren't the best.

Also why are we talking about these old guilds and players? They quit and left the game, they are irrelevant.

DE didn't always run their "A" team though. We would play if we had anyone on that could fill a role or two that were missing. Yeah we lost a few games doing that, but that was to be expected when you substitute some players who are min/maxed for a few that aren't; and may or may not have as much experience as the player they replaced. Regardless, we still won 90% of the time just throwing teams together. Our "A" team only lost consistently to OoS, no other teams beat us more than once or twice. Even with subs.

The post I made earlier was not to tout the premier PVP guilds. I was merely trying to respond to someone who called out a group of DE saying that none of them were good players. I understand what our record was, and at the time we were running ranked on Jung Ma, we did not have a set team, we had 20 or so actives and ran 1-2 teams at a time. I would argue that the A-team was only beaten a handful of times, mostly at the hands of OOS, but I digress. I was merely trying to point out that a good player that groups with good players is better for it, and does not become trash.

On a side note, DE did not quit the game. We left Jung Ma because we were tired of being queue dodged. We rerolled, and are now spread on a couple of different servers. I would love to see us come back, because I haven't found another server that offered what Jung Ma did. But you can only log in so many times, to see everyone else log out before you have to go somewhere else to find your fun.

The post I made earlier was not to tout the premier PVP guilds. I was merely trying to respond to someone who called out a group of DE saying that none of them were good players. I understand what our record was, and at the time we were running ranked on Jung Ma, we did not have a set team, we had 20 or so actives and ran 1-2 teams at a time. I would argue that the A-team was only beaten a handful of times, mostly at the hands of OOS, but I digress. I was merely trying to point out that a good player that groups with good players is better for it, and does not become trash.

On a side note, DE did not quit the game. We left Jung Ma because we were tired of being queue dodged. We rerolled, and are now spread on a couple of different servers. I would love to see us come back, because I haven't found another server that offered what Jung Ma did. But you can only log in so many times, to see everyone else log out before you have to go somewhere else to find your fun.

See, the sharks don't eat each other. Instead of building two super teams and then scattering when there was nobody to play, maybe DE and OoS could have spread out and re-rolled alts across multiple guilds. Sure, you won't have a 100% win rate when you no longer have the 8 best players, but you'll have more games and more exciting games.

The reality is relatively few people are actually looking for challenges. If you guys had willing victims, you'd happily stomp teams all day, and if you were on the losing rate 90% of the time, you'd never play. The server is healthiest not when it has a few super teams, but when it has a bunch of teams that all win around 50% of the time.

Edited by sharpenedstick

I think, if i remember correctly, the only games OOS lost were two to Sleens, in the brief time Sleens was here.

My sin, Kaisersoze, has a rated record of 250-20 or something like that, dont remember exactly. Far from undefeated certainly.

By the time we left, and our comp was where we wanted it, our a-team had probably won about 150 games in a row.

I don't think anyone here is saying we were the best, i don't even think we were the best, but you can't trash talk a group of players when we had to hide in denova just to get rated pops...

Whoever the top guild is now on jung ma, i'm sure they know exactly what i am talking about.

-soze

Obvious troll is obvious?

Many of the better players always roll in a premade. This whole idea that a solo player is awesome and can rambo anything is pretty stupid in an eight-man warzone. How do you think DE got all those ranked wins? Or OOS? Or anyone?

All teamwork, and a lot of practice playing with that team.

Call people trash for running in a premade all day, but when you and your solo queue hit one of those premades, its not the preamde leaving the warzone and rage quitting..

-soze

Lol figures you're in here defending your self. Having good chemistry and listening to your team is great. It doesn't mean that your name should be "feared" (except maybe your guild title). I never rage quit against premades. I still own you guys in the premade. Just don't always get the win, but that's ok. You're basically afraid to even try a regular warzone without your premade team. You'd rather sit in the fleet all day until your people come on. This is something I find sad.

Lol figures you're in here defending your self. Having good chemistry and listening to your team is great. It doesn't mean that your name should be "feared" (except maybe your guild title). I never rage quit against premades. I still own you guys in the premade. Just don't always get the win, but that's ok. You're basically afraid to even try a regular warzone without your premade team. You'd rather sit in the fleet all day until your people come on. This is something I find sad.

Your talking trash on the forums. Actions speak louder then words......Duel Kaisersoze or something.

This is something I find sad :rolleyes:.

Edited by Jonoku

It's always "talking trash" when someone is just trying to explain these people aren't "feared" or "awesome at pvp". Get off the nuts of the big ranked guilds. I know who's good and who's not. I said Swarna was, and I said Unfunny and Kaiser aren't. Get over it. And Jono, you know me. Tell them to get off POT5 and come find me in outlaw's den or Ilum. Look for Shwayze or Lunatix I don't give a shish. I'll go Anni, Carnage, or Rage. Let me know.