Dreadtooth 5 stacks

OK so our guild has recently finally gotten the masks for our 2 8 man groups to attempt a 5 stack op against this guy the only thing is that he just squashes us we are all 63 geared and we have cleared places like tfb hm and ec nim so we aren't complete morons but we go against this guy and as soon as he dose his jump and aoe that takes everyone down to 40-50% hp he then follows up immidiately with a heavy hitting dot and rock throw at a random member of the group killing them instantly

we didn't just try this once we had a few goes at him and never once got him past 90% when on 4 stacks we killed him no bother is dreadtooth 5 stacks actually tuned for 16 people or are we expected to take 24 people at least 12 of witch are sage healers?

Illiria

Titans

red eclipse

OK so our guild has recently finally gotten the masks for our 2 8 man groups to attempt a 5 stack op against this guy the only thing is that he just squashes us we are all 63 geared and we have cleared places like tfb hm and ec nim so we aren't complete morons but we go against this guy and as soon as he dose his jump and aoe that takes everyone down to 40-50% hp he then follows up immidiately with a heavy hitting dot and rock throw at a random member of the group killing them instantly

we didn't just try this once we had a few goes at him and never once got him past 90% when on 4 stacks we killed him no bother is dreadtooth 5 stacks actually tuned for 16 people or are we expected to take 24 people at least 12 of witch are sage healers?

Illiria

Titans

red eclipse

Lol cant go wrong with 12 healing pools

Illiria

Titans

red eclipse

It's tuned for 24-32 people in Dread Guard. Not kidding, dps requires +8 Sage/Sorc healers and thus you need +24 people to keep the dps up.

haven't heard of anyone doing it with less than 48 people...thats right a second raid composed of all healers healing the main raid groups!

Can you find out what it dropped at 5 stacks? I've been unable to find anyone who actually pulled it off at 5 stacks, it's driving me nuts. I need to know what it gives.:confused:

thanks for the info people ill let my guild know we are going to have to team up with another group here is the question tho if he is tuned for 24-32 do those that are not in the group that enaged him first get credit for killing him or do you have to kill him twice to get both teams credit?

thanks for the info people ill let my guild know we are going to have to team up with another group here is the question tho if he is tuned for 24-32 do those that are not in the group that enaged him first get credit for killing him or do you have to kill him twice to get both teams credit?

When the person from DnT was talking about doing it with more than 24 people, he was likely talking about us (MoX). We have not downed it, best attempt was 22% so can't tell you what drops.

Also People who are not in the group engaged to him will be the only ones to get credit for the kill (I assume).

Edited by DarkhorseForLife

When the person from DnT was talking about doing it with more than 24 people, he was likely talking about us (MoX). We have not downed it, best attempt was 22% so can't tell you what drops.

Also People who are not in the group engaged to him will be the only ones to get credit for the kill (I assume).

nah think it was some european guild posted about it a while ago on another site. I'd have to go do some digging. They brought 48 people though for theirs 24 pocket healers:P

You definitely need more than 16, and he's a completely different animal going from 4 to 5 stacks. Even a full 24 man it's insanely tough.

With all the heavy AOE smashes the healing reqs are super high. You really need a large number of healing puddles to keep up with his raid-wide dps.

nah think it was some european guild posted about it a while ago on another site. I'd have to go do some digging. They brought 48 people though for theirs 24 pocket healers:P

Dig that up if you please. Wouldn't mind seeing that since for all intensive purposes I didn't think anyone had downed 5 stacks yet. Not that it matters much one way or the other.