Are FPs really that bad or am i missing something?

I figured maybe I was just being too impatient when I refused to sit at the Fleet for an hour spamming for a FP. I am 41 and I have done BT, Hammer Station and Athiss. Past that, not a single run of anything.

So my question is, are FPs really as boring and bad as they seem to be? FPs and heroics are too hard to get groups for in this game and im getting annoyed by that. I am also on a high pop server, when the others popular servers have a wait, mine does too.

I want to play group content, but i dont want to be punished for deciding to spend hours looking for groups for multiple FPs when I could have been xping on planets.

Just to prove how bad it is, I have had the same person whisper me on 3 compeletely seperate occasions, with no word from me beforehand, offering 10k to do a heroic. WHY? You need like 240k for lvl 40 speeder and training you silly person!

The problem, (as far as I can see, Im not speaking for anyone else) is completely widespread. If you sit at the Fleet obviously you will see a msg for a random FP now and then but mostly it's BT and I have no idea why. You probably will not see a msg at all for a few of them. People just....don't seem to care about FPs. If that's true, that is a very bad thing for this game. Edited by Aisar

You only need one or two friends to do the pre-endgame flashpoints. I'd imagine PuGing them is rough because most people just run them with friends.

Well colicoid is the one closest to your level and it's kind of horrible that could be why

^ Could be that, too.

could also be it is still early in the game. I would imagine not TOO terribly many people are even that high level yet. I mean I, for one, have been playing since the second day of early access. I don't get to play 5 hours a day, I am lucky if I get 2 a day. I am only level 23 or 24 lol. I level slow. Soon when more and more people get hgiher it will be easier to find groups. Hell if you wait for me I will get there and run it with you.

could also be it is still early in the game. I would imagine not TOO terribly many people are even that high level yet. I mean I, for one, have been playing since the second day of early access. I don't get to play 5 hours a day, I am lucky if I get 2 a day. I am only level 23 or 24 lol. I level slow. Soon when more and more people get hgiher it will be easier to find groups. Hell if you wait for me I will get there and run it with you.

Agreed...and I think a lot of people who are that level are in a guild where they run it. I know I just run around and quest until there is interest within my guild.

Also questing is pretty interesting so I don't really see any reason to wait any time at all to get into a PUG when I can be doing something else.

Also on my server when I am on the fleet I usually see general chat messages for people looking for various flashpoints. Not sure if it is just your server or time of day or what.

The thing is, Flashpoints are great at low level to get Orange gear. But once you have all your orange gear theres almost no point to do them cept for codex entries and for fun.

Once you have a full set of orange gear, you can just upgrade the mods with commendation tokens and never have to worry about being undergeared.

You can also get excellent gear from the PVP vendors.

This means that most people would prefer to not spend hours trying to make a party and instead just go quest and make cash/levels.

I figured maybe I was just being too impatient when I refused to sit at the Fleet for an hour spamming for a FP. I am 41 and I have done BT, Hammer Station and Athiss. Past that, not a single run of anything.

So my question is, are FPs really as boring and bad as they seem to be? FPs and heroics are too hard to get groups for in this game and im getting annoyed by that. I am also on a high pop server, when the others popular servers have a wait, mine does too.

I want to play group content, but i dont want to be punished for deciding to spend hours looking for groups for multiple FPs when I could have been xping on planets.

Just to prove how bad it is, I have had the same person whisper me on 3 compeletely seperate occasions, with no word from me beforehand, offering 10k to do a heroic. WHY? You need like 240k for lvl 40 speeder and training you silly person!

Find a guild?

My group I run with is around level 34 right now and we've been playing since early access. Most of the groups we see forming are for Esseles and Hammer. Guess it's just where the majority of the players are at currently.

I'd say being in the 40+ range is pretty unsurprising that it's difficult finding groups. Something that will be remedied soon enough I'm sure. Just quest + enjoy the games other aspects until 50. Find a decent guild / group that runs flashpoints often.

Just a thought, but the station might not be the best place to be looking for a group anyways...

why is everyone there only looking for groups for black talon? cause the station is where you are sent by your quests around that level...

I imagine you're likely to find a much higher concentration of level 40+ characters where THEIR quests send them....starting looking for group there...

I for one know that EVERY flashpoint I've done, I was invited to the group where I was questing, NOT the space station

Yeah I find it way too hard to find a group for flashpoints. I know people will hate on me for saying this but... Get a flashpoint finder, or something like the dungeon finder in WoW. It' just my opinion don't hate on me D:

Or at least make something like a designated chat for the whole server to find groups for flashpoints. If that makes sense.