Tython Codex Database

pioneerraptor

Side note: One of the entries I gained on Tython counts in the "Alderaan" category. I know this, because I am 1/34 on Alderaan, but I'm only level 10 and I have never been there.
I believe you get this for the Manka Cat entry, which mentions that they are believed to have originated on Alderaan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
If you are not a jedi but a trooper or smuggler then the codex list is only 24 long, but 8 of those appear impossible to get.

The quest pilgrim medicine can not be obtained and so neither the codex entry for the cat.

Wingmaws may be found on Balmora?

The location of the Forge is not accessible for non-jedi classes. Unless the developers have very cleverly hidden another area for those classes.

Twi'lek pelgrims requires speaking to Kolovish. However troopers and smugglers can not get the quest to do so

The codex for Tython gives one entryin this category for trooper or smuggler. However there is nobody that I could find that will give it. None of the bosses you can find throughout the world either.

Neither of these quests that give the codex entry are available to non-jedi

Hi, one question: where is the Old Jedi Temple at Taris? I made the quest but dont receive the Terentatek.

Thanks.

The quest pilgrim medicine can not be obtained and so neither the codex entry for the cat.

Wingmaws may be found on Balmora?

If you can't get the manka cat on tython, I think it's available on Alderaan.

Scavenging Wingmaws are right outside the workshop on Balmorra (republic).

Hi, one question: where is the Old Jedi Temple at Taris? I made the quest but dont receive the Terentatek.

Thanks.

Not sure who posted about getting terentek on Taris, but most people report it's not there.

Edited by Silvermink

On my Jedi Knight I have all of the Tython ones apart from the one you get for crafting your lightsaber (I read somewhere, swtor-spy I think, that this one is bugged) - you should receive it at the Forge when you make your saber, the Terentarek and the Wingmaw. The Wingmaw one is apparently also available on Balmorra, and is only included in the Tython lore entries because Consulars can get it there.

The Zabrak one I got when I spoke to the quest giver for Chamber of Secrets, but only after I had finished the mission once already (happened to be back on Tython around level 20 colelcting the ones I was missing).

Swtor-spy has a good guide for getting all of the lore entries in the game, including details on which ones are bugged or not.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having trouble with the Flesh Raider codex entry. I'm a Jedi Knight so I feel that I probably should have already got this, however it's not showing in my codex which is still saying I have 1 species to get, which is the Flesh Raider one, however the lore object associated with it (the dead Flesh Raider) is not selectable for me. How do I get it?

On my Jedi Knight I have all of the Tython ones apart from the one you get for crafting your lightsaber (I read somewhere, swtor-spy I think, that this one is bugged) - you should receive it at the Forge when you make your saber, the Terentarek and the Wingmaw. The Wingmaw one is apparently also available on Balmorra, and is only included in the Tython lore entries because Consulars can get it there.

The Zabrak one I got when I spoke to the quest giver for Chamber of Secrets, but only after I had finished the mission once already (happened to be back on Tython around level 20 colelcting the ones I was missing).

Swtor-spy has a good guide for getting all of the lore entries in the game, including details on which ones are bugged or not.

I used the Swtor Spy... but still havent found Terentatek and Wingsaw... and dont take the Jedi Weapons yet... Any idea how can I get those? Thanks.

Spent a lot of time working my way through the Tython Codex and did not miss a quest.

Missing 3 Codex entries Terantek, Wingmaw, and Jedi Weapons when crafting my lightsaber.

So as far as I can tell this is where Bioware Q and A fell down, because it's a nonsense to me to list a codex under 1 planet but to only find it on another.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

most of the entries are linked to quests, huh?

Im playing a trooper and tried to get the 'tythonnian war droid' entry. Couldn't. Killed tons of em, all kinds too, I think. So maybe that entry is also linked to a quest.

By the way, if I had a friend create a fresh Knight/Consular and party him thru all the quests, would the entries pop for me?

• 3 months later...
most of the entries are linked to quests, huh?
Yep.

Im playing a trooper and tried to get the 'tythonnian war droid' entry. Couldn't. Killed tons of em, all kinds too, I think. So maybe that entry is also linked to a quest.
Nope. I have smuggler and trooper characters with this entry, so definitely no quest required for it, since neither class can get any quests on Tython.

By the way, if I had a friend create a fresh Knight/Consular and party him thru all the quests, would the entries pop for me?
Probably not. You'd have to have the quests in your log to get the entries tied to them. And if your friend tried to share the quests with you, they would just get a message saying you are not eligible for the quest, more or less the same as the "not eleigible for this conversation" messages you would get if you tried to talk to the NPC quest-givers to pick up the quests yourself. Edited by Adric_the_Red

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Here is a list of Datacron and Lore Locations for the planet of Tython. Feel free to make corrections or add Lore Entries that are missing.

Datacrons:

Endurance +2: Located at X: -33, Y: -102

- To obtain this datacron, you will need to travel to the camp outside Kaleth. Then follow the Elarian trail towards the signal fire used during the quest to get a Flesh Raider turned into a Jedi. Jump into the water below and there will be a cave entrance (X: -26, Y: 34) that leads to the datacron.

Willpower +2: Located at X: -648, Y: -72

- To obtain this datacron, travel to Upper Kaleth. As soon as you ascend the first fallen column to get into Upper Kaleth, turn right and go up another fallen column. At the end of the column jump onto the hill. Travel towards the right towards the datacron.

Blue Matrix Shard: X: -93, Y: 925

- To obtain this datacron, you will have to travel to The Forge Remnants. Near the exit of the remnants, leading towards The Forge is a small encampment to the right side of the road. Inside here is a Flesh Raider War Chief that is praying to the datacron. Kill him and take your prize.

Lore Entries:

Achievement: Datacrons

- All of these are obtain automatically upon finding the datacrons above.

Achievement: Titles

- Keeper of Truth: Complete the quest [Heroic 2+] The Chamber of Speech.

Bestiary:

- Manka Cat: Complete the quest "Pilgrim Medicine". Quest starts from a datapad on the path from the Twi'lek Village to Tython Ridge.

- Uxibeast: Approach an Uxibeast and right-click on it.

- Tythonian War Droid: Simply fight Tythonian War Droids

- Guid: Do the Flesh Eating Baby Quest locating in Lower Kaleth.

- Horranth: Do the Horranth Control Quest located in the camp outside Kaleth.

- Terentatek: Complete quest "Jedi Relic" on Taris. Given to you inside the Old Jedi Temple.

- Wingmaw: UNKNOWN

Locations:

- All locations will be found through completing the main quest with the exception of the Chamber of Speech. This area is located in Upper Kaleth.

Lore:

- Rediscovering Tython: X: 115, Y: -857

- - Located in the Jedi Training Grounds. It is a post located in front of the large Jedi Statue.

- The Principles of Rajivari (Consular): X: -76, Y: 804

- - Obtained automatically for Consulars only by completing Rajivari's Legacy.

- Rebuilding the Jedi Order: X: -427, Y: -508

- - Located inside the Jedi Temple on the First Floor. Go through the second corridor on the right then go inside the first room on your left. Right-click on the third chair in the middle row at the back of the room.

- Holocron: Obtained automatically through Story Line.

- Jedi Weapons: X:15, Y: 1569

- - Supposed to be obtain automatically upon crafting your lightsaber. However, many people did not receive it. I have submitted a ticket through the game to see if this is a bug or if the way to obtain it was changed.

Organizations

- All of them are obtained automatically through story line quest.

Persons of Note

- All of them are obtained automatically through story line quest.

Species

- Flesh Raiders: Automatic through story line.

- Twi'lek: Obtained from a plaque inside a house in the Twi'lek village.. Approx (X:138, Y:-339)

- Zabrak: Complete the Heroic Quest "Chamber of Speech".

EDIT: It has been confirmed that Jedi Knight's and Consulars have received the Zabrak Entry from beating Chamber of Speech. If you did not get it for whatever reason, try the quest again or file a help ticket. I have completed the quest twice with no luck so far.

There is no Jedi Temple on Taris, so how can there be a quest in one?

• 8 months later...

For the non-existent Wingmaw you can find it on Balmorra. I did the following;

1. Go To Gorinth Outpost Skyhopper

2. Go Across the Long Bridge near the Skyhopper landing pad

3. Immediately on the other side of the bridge I encountered 3 Scavenging Wingmaw and got the achievement.

• 3 weeks later...
I have seen a video that shows the Wingmaw Codex being achieved on Balmora. Unfortunately the clip was quick and a bit out of focus, so I was unable to get the exact location. But look around on Balmora for it. If I find it I will post it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

For the Consular entry that everyone seems to miss, Satele Shan:

There is a Lore Object in front of the statue on the left as you enter the room with the Trainers inside the temple. Activating this gets you the Person of Note: Satele Shan entry. Approximate (map unfinished) location is -362,-404 Cursor, -357,-50 Player

• 8 months later...
For the non-existent Wingmaw you can find it on Balmorra. I did the following;

1. Go To Gorinth Outpost Skyhopper

2. Go Across the Long Bridge near the Skyhopper landing pad

3. Immediately on the other side of the bridge I encountered 3 Scavenging Wingmaw and got the achievement.

dude, there is no long bridge by landing pad only a damaged one you cant cross without falling to ground below