Let us feed suggestions to the SSSP

ZirusZero

I got plenty in store.

-Legacy ship unlock, allowing you to use another ship from one of your alts after completing chapter 3 with said alt. Companions would be in the same areas as they normally would, such as Doc replacing Dr. Lokin inside the the Phantom's medbay, T7 or Risha taking the place of scorpio in the engine room, etc.

- You can swap ships before entering the hangar by clicking on the newly installed door panel. They would exist by every ship instance, no matter if it be hangar door or airlock.

- Current on rails space missions would be referred to as classic space missions, in where the rewards would be classic space comms.

- Ship boarding can be allowed if the player accepts the offer. In PvP, you can attempt this with a crippled ship to kill the crew members inside. When boarding a hostile ship, all companions inside become hostile to the boarders. Whoever loses the scuffle has to go back to the fleet for repairs.

- The more people inside your ship, the more weapons you can use by sitting down in a chair allowing for additional support such as turret manning. They will also be very helpful should boarding action occur.

- Guild capital ships will come into play by allowing players to fly to it for meetings and such. Other rival guilds/hostile faction can attempt to cripple the ship, forcing repairs before allowing bonuses such as extra space XP, etc. Hostile players can also stage a boarding party attempting to cripple the ship a la battlefront 2. Guild capital ships will have built in defenses such as auto turrets, and can purchase more with credits.

- You can now sit down in all chairs on your ship instead of the command deck, and lie down on your bed by clicking one half of it. By doing so, you gain full rested XP in quicker time. This could also be used to help RP.

-You can now play 2 player holochess inside your ship. The other 2 sitting on the couch will be the spectators.

- Control over planets can now be established by capturing/destroying the main orbital station. This would not affect canon nor the normal process of going to a planet's surface. By capturing a planet, you gain whatever bonus for that area.

- All ships now have turret controls you can reach for additional players. Example: The smuggler's turret area now utilizes the latter for reaching them.

Would like all of that.

Would add a STO-esque type galaxy map experience to get around the galaxy (optional, the "quick travel" system we have now would stay for people not into it) to the list.

Am playing it safe expecting none of it. Blasters set to low expectations. :p

I just have this completely unrealistic wish of it being some sort of a semi-sandbox. Areas and zones tied together in some logical fashion(hyperspace lanes) as opposed to a heap of 12 completely isolated instances that you load up from your ship's interface. I

I was planing on posting another essay of suggestions with in the next few days. It would be nice if the devs could spare the 10 mins or so to read them. So long as I get this stuff out of my head I'm happy. :D

What makes you think they don't read threads? Seriously.. all evidence is that they do read threads... particularly threads with suggestions in them.

Just because a thread does not get a reply does not mean it's not being read and ideas are not being gleaned from them. At the same time.. just because you have a suggestion and put it in a thread.. does not mean it will be adopted. :)

Edited by Andryah

I got plenty in store.

Just because you have ideas/desires in no way means they will be implemented. As long as you present them with that frame of mind.. you are golden.. go for it IMO.

It is clear from reading the transcript of the Seattle Cantina.. some of your wants are not going to even make it to the table for consideration.

Edited by Andryah

What makes you think they don't read threads? Seriously.. all evidence is that they do read threads... particularly threads with suggestions in them.

Just because a thread does not get a reply does not mean it's not being read and ideas are not being gleaned from them. At the same time.. just because you have a suggestion and put it in a thread.. does not mean it will be adopted. :)

Clearly you haven't seen one of my suggestion posts. They are very long. Well thought out and presented but long. :D

I'd love anything that adds a little more depth to this game. Just a touch more complexity to any game feature would be fine by me.

With regards to the SSSP? I'd love a whole variety of ships (not the datamined 3 types we keep hearing about). SWG had 44 player ships but I'd settle for 20 for now :w_cool:

The ability to focus on key parts of the enemy ships to disable them, such as the reactor, engine, etc, and get a different effect for destroying each one.

You mentioned ship boarding but we don't know if we'll be able to even disable the enemy's engines yet, so that would be required first probably. For all we know it could be like how space is right now with just shields and ship health.

Also, if this were to be implemented, the ability to run around and do repairs on the ship would be nice. Mainly for multipassenger ships. Could even get a droid that slowly does repairs or something like that.

More ships would also be loved, from what we're hearing it's three for each side for a total of six. i'd say some bombers, multipassenger ships, gunboats, interceptors thrown into that mix and we'd have a lot of variety. I don't think the class ship should be a multipassenger ship though, I feel like a multipassenger ship should be earned through hard work.

I like most of the points in your post though, namely the holochess. :)

Edited by Glumish

Do you really think my expectations are that high for the start of SSSP? Please. What I posted is what they could possibly add later.

Yes. Most of what your suggested in the space project are lofty and extremely unrealistic for a first release. You are throwing things into the mix that sound "cool" without any real through to the consequences or impact on gameplay.

This why you don't design games for a living. Its 100 times more complicated than just saying "this sounds awesome" and saying "make it happen."

At this point without knowing more i would just like to have the option to fly my own ship

Based on the data at hand, no. This appears to be some kind of PvP scenario where each side has 3 basic ships: heavy, medium and light. Each probably has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Now bioware did say there is more to the project than just this video so its possible there is some type of PvE scenario where you can fly your own ship.

Edited by Arkerus

I got plenty in store.

-Legacy ship unlock, allowing you to use another ship from one of your alts after completing chapter 3 with said alt. Companions would be in the same areas as they normally would, such as Doc replacing Dr. Lokin inside the the Phantom's medbay, T7 or Risha taking the place of scorpio in the engine room, etc.

- You can swap ships before entering the hangar by clicking on the newly installed door panel. They would exist by every ship instance, no matter if it be hangar door or airlock.

- Current on rails space missions would be referred to as classic space missions, in where the rewards would be classic space comms.

- Ship boarding can be allowed if the player accepts the offer. In PvP, you can attempt this with a crippled ship to kill the crew members inside. When boarding a hostile ship, all companions inside become hostile to the boarders. Whoever loses the scuffle has to go back to the fleet for repairs.

- The more people inside your ship, the more weapons you can use by sitting down in a chair allowing for additional support such as turret manning. They will also be very helpful should boarding action occur.

- Guild capital ships will come into play by allowing players to fly to it for meetings and such. Other rival guilds/hostile faction can attempt to cripple the ship, forcing repairs before allowing bonuses such as extra space XP, etc. Hostile players can also stage a boarding party attempting to cripple the ship a la battlefront 2. Guild capital ships will have built in defenses such as auto turrets, and can purchase more with credits.

- You can now sit down in all chairs on your ship instead of the command deck, and lie down on your bed by clicking one half of it. By doing so, you gain full rested XP in quicker time. This could also be used to help RP.

-You can now play 2 player holochess inside your ship. The other 2 sitting on the couch will be the spectators.

- Control over planets can now be established by capturing/destroying the main orbital station. This would not affect canon nor the normal process of going to a planet's surface. By capturing a planet, you gain whatever bonus for that area.

- All ships now have turret controls you can reach for additional players. Example: The smuggler's turret area now utilizes the latter for reaching them.

Add to the list *open* space free roam thou i doubt they will do it. Other then that i would be pretty much happy with what you listed in that post.

Oh and while they are at it...GIEF MOAR PAZZAK, my smuggie is still waiting for pazzak so i can gamble all my riches away....Let me do it QQ

What I would like to see is **** pit view and joystick control

True space PvP not area's but open space PvP with NPC ships and missions

Everything that made SWG space a good space experience.

Lots of Space missions, quests, dailys and repeatable missions.

Dejarik. Please. Please? After Dejarik - Sabacc. I mean, come on... imagine all the fun it would be to gamble away millions of credits :p

I'd like a little more flexibility when choosing weapon loadouts. Being able to mount 1 heavy cannon on a light fighter as opposed to multiple lighter weapons as a simple example. It maybe sub optimal, but I like to be given the choice to experiment

It'll also be great if the SSSP is modeled something like world of tanks, where there is a large variety of ships to choose from, each with their own unique characteristic weapon, shields, speed, armor and defensive attributes.

start us off with the basic archetypes and have us play for credits that we can use to purchase different models. Hopefully ones that are not inherently more powerful than the starters, but allow for greater flexibility in tactical choices.