Need help to defeat Vereta Fraabaal.

RichardDriessen

Hi, I am new to SWTOR.

I am playing solo as a bounty hunter on level 9.

Now, the only quest I have left is to kill Vereta Fraabaal, but she is a level 14 NPC.

I don't see any other quest I can do first to level up a bit.

What can I do next? I think it's impossible to complete this quest?

Any advice?

Agree with the poster above. Go out and do all or most of the world quest. That seems to be the fastest way to level. I've found so far that if I do my class quest + world quest I can be at the appropriate lvl for the next planet when my class quest sends me there.

This is advice from a fellow newbie, so take from it what you want. Others with more MMO exp. may have a different approach.

Yeah, that kind of thing happens from time to time. You shouldn't be that far along unless you've been skipping the other quest content and avoiding mob kills. For example, I ran into a 12th Sith Inquisitor who was under geared and trying to solo his 14th lvl named mob in the class arc. As expected, he was constantly stomped over and over. Apparently he stealthed around most mobs, which seriously affected his leveling rate.

His solution was to beg General chat for aid. You could try to do the same. However this will only compound the problem when you class quest line sends you to the Dark Temple for even more pain that you'll be unable to deal with.

Shrt Answer: Do the other quests, gain a few levels, and maybe some gear.

• 2 months later...
I'd like some help with Vereta also. I am level 15. I have taken every quest that I can find up to now, except for some Heroic 2+. I have to defeat her to continue trying to get into the Great Hunt. She has killed me about 10 times now. Anyone have any constructive suggestions?:(

I'd like some help with Vereta also. I am level 15. I have taken every quest that I can find up to now, except for some Heroic 2+. I have to defeat her to continue trying to get into the Great Hunt. She has killed me about 10 times now. Anyone have any constructive suggestions?:(

i dont remember this being a hard fight

you should have some spammable attacks, either powershot for mercs or flame burst if you are PT. Hit unload, powershot/flameburst, and uppercut. And also you should have Mako healing and by level 15 you should have your heal that has a 20 minute CD and heals you for 1m.

EDIT: also 10 times? get out of here...either you are exaggerating or you dont know when to quit. If you cant do a boss fight after 2-3 attempts without getting them to like 5% hp or below dont even bother continuing. Either ask for help, review your attack rotation, or come to the forum and ask for advice.

Edited by swtonewbie

Don't forget to go to a vendor to repair your gear to keep your stats up to par.

Completely broken gear is like running around fighting naked.

This fight is like a brick wall for players who haven't bothered to keep their levelling up to par with the game. You need to be at least 12, preferrably more, to make that battle. Prior to this fight, everything was manageable with a level 9-11, but here reality comes crashing in.

Drop out of the class quest, do a lot of side quests, and do not return until you're 12-13.

I learned this from hard experience.:cool:

PS a way to gauge whether you stand a chance is to look at the red meter showing the "life energy" of the opponent. If it barely moves or doesn't get below at least 60-70% at the peak of the fight, you're doing something fundamentally wrong.

Also, with a 15 level you should be able to defeat any lower level Elite, although it may require hard work, fully repaired gear, and some medpacks and stims when it comes to this particular lady... one thing you may want to do is pull the battle away from the close-range area she is in, and move it down on the big floor.

Edited by PatrickTheLama

I killed her on my PowerTech recently, think I was level 14. Got her on my first try, but she was the first boss mob I almost died to. Stay clear of her AoE thingy (which I didn't notice at first like an idiot, thank Mako for keeping me alive lol), save your electro dart or whatever it's called (the 1 minute CD thingy) for later in the fight, if you're taking a beating. Also, she stuns Mako periodically from what I saw, may be a good idea to save your defensive CDs for those moments (I think PT's have one or two by then). A stim would be a good idea too, as would having a medpack or two handy.

BTW I fought her in tank mode, using my Ion Cell.

• 2 years later...

I'm currently on Grathan's estate with my mercenary who's just hit level 13. How much of a challenge is she going to be? I think I've done most of the side missions that I can, and Mako and I have been running around killing Grathan's thugs and managed to kill the guards with the bounties on their heads, so we're gaining XP from that. Any other ideas?

PS I did buy her some better medpacs, which may help.