How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

Snocone

• 11 months later...
I have the companion quickbar full out as i like it but would like to be able to move the abilities around,

so it would be easyer for me to check cool down timers on there abilities when in combat

first of all Great job on resurecting this thread, you sir are the necro king!

I completely agree with these suggestions. at the very least allow us to hotkey/keybind abilities while the companion bar is minimized. with some of the characters it's not a big deal , but when you're rolling around with Hk and his assasinate stack is full it'd be nice to just tab>hotkey>kill, instead of either leaving his toolbar open all the time or having to open it up tab>hotkey>close

• 2 months later...
first of all great job on resurecting this thread, you sir are the necro king!

I completely agree with these suggestions. At the very least allow us to hotkey/keybind abilities while the companion bar is minimized. With some of the characters it's not a big deal , but when you're rolling around with hk and his assasinate stack is full it'd be nice to just tab>hotkey>kill, instead of either leaving his toolbar open all the time or having to open it up tab>hotkey>close

yes.

Why isn't this a thing yet?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I google searched to see if I was stupid not figuring out how to move abilities around the companion quickbar, turns out it doesn't exist! yay.

Same

After subscribing. Doesn't BW realize that these silly limitations even wear down fanboys?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am able to push the ~ key and it pulls up my companions ability bar on the side of the screen. There I am able to just go to Abilities>Companion and drag them onto his/her bar, like I would do my own. (I am playing on a laptop BTW.)

I just tested this and it wouldn't let me drag the companion abilities to any hotbar slot.

I don't think you can. The person who you quoted is either talking about something else, confused, lying, or knows something we don't.
This. Pressing the tilde key simply expands your companion's quickbar so you can see the whole thing, instead of just the first three(?) abilities. And this just lets you manually activate the previously "hidden" skills, and/or click the little box in the corner to toggle the companion's ability activate them.

I have tried dragging companion abilities onto or off of the companion bar, and it can't be done. Doesn't matter if your quickbars are locked or unlocked, or whether or how many empty slots are on your companion bar. There's no rearranging them.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bump.

Thought I was just to high and couldn't figure out why for the past 10 minutes, I couldn't figure out why this wasn't working. I guess I presumed that this was common sense. Who would think that in an MMORPG of Star Freakin' Wars, people wouldn't want options to customize one's companion's quickbar? Especially when the thing has 4 or 5 gaps between the abilities...oh well; still waiting :rod_tongue_p:

The bottom line, IMHO, is that being able to re-arrange your companions skill bar is something that only a very few people want and would, realistically, be of little real benefit. So, I doubt that it will ever get "sorted".

Edit - note, too, that in Interface Editor you can change the position and shape of the Companion skill bar, so that, if you want to directly use it, it doesn't have to be stuck vertically on the left side of the screen. For example, I have mine as a 2x6 block in the lower left corner of my display.

Edited by JediQuaker

The bottom line, IMHO, is that being able to re-arrange your companions skill bar is something that only a very few people want and would, realistically, be of little real benefit. So, I doubt that it will ever get "sorted".

This. There are very few instances where a player should actively use a companion's ability. So where those abilities are physically located is not that important. What one can do though is change keybinds.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP for great justice!! :rak_03:

Srsly tho, this needs to happen. Having to manually click individual abilities on the companion bar is incredibly inconvenient to players that map their bars to mouse or keyboard buttons. I'm sure not EVERYONE does it, and realise I might be asking something that would not benefit the majority of the playerbase; but I DO have to wonder how much work it could possibly ever be, to unlock a simple casting bar. Is there a reason it's been kept locked?

For extra credit : I'd VEEEEERY much like to see a possibility to bind ability toggling, such that I can instruct my companion midcombat to freely use or stop using, a particular ability or cooldown.

Companion auto-taunting for example, can save your bacon as a squishy Thrower of Things such as myself; but offtanking for your companion to drop stacks or allow them to heal up a bit, would significantly increases combat effectiveness.

So, if I read you correctly, you want BW to spend a bunch of time making it possible for you to bind keys instead of having to mouse click? It's not likely to happen, so you'd probably be better off learning to use the system as it is. :)

(It's also very unlikely that you ever really need to micromanage your companion to that extent.)

Edited by JediQuaker