Class Feedback

Seriously, the nerfs were too much.

Op is perceived as only a healer; nobody at all wants an Op for dps. They have a good point too.

Too many situational/conditional/position requirements on too many abilitites, ( especially the strongest ones). Only usable from stealth, from behind, on incapacitated target, unusable on Gold elite or above, high energy costs; stealth basically broken ( in FPs and operations, stealthed Op is seen at 30 meters or MORE by champs and even regular golds), inability to exit combat with Cloaking Screen reliably even when all DoTs etc are removed from the Operative and/or Operative's enemy, no gap closer ( no, stealth is not a gap closer as you can rarely use it and then are seen anyway by aforementioned enemies). The class relies so heavily on stealth yet it can be rarely used and is often ineffective/not working.

Reduced damage on attacks, increased cooldowns, high energy cost, too many situational/conditional/position requirements on too many abilitites; a greatly weakened class.

The most fun play style, the coolest AC in game ( along with Scoundrel, which is similarly ruined), but really.....I am very let down by it all, and do not do too much in game any more, but return hoping to find some improvements to the Operative.

Healing is very good and I fully expect it to be ruined as well.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concealment:

1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?

Almost every Patch the forums are crying out that I am Nerf'd for PVP; sadly they generally get their wishies granted.

Pve; Someone always asks why I didn't pick a Sniper as my Advance Class or the Healing tree.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Honestly there are not many of us around, well none that are well known on my server, the Spec requires a real creative approach & player, as I have to Squeeze every ounce of Utility to maintain the required lvl of DPS.

*The Learning Curve is Massive compared to other classes/specs.

PvP: I am playing the player/class alot more then I would be on my other toons as every moment is life or death in an instance, due to survivability (*Glass Cannon)

PvE: I wouldn't mind if I was rewarded alittle more on my other dps abilities as having to stand behind the boss/target all the time to maintain an acceptible DPS level can be problematic.

(40% contribution of my total dps*single target = Backstab; Stacking with the tank can be Extremely Costly).

Food for Thought: A talent that allowed me to use vanish every 15-20 seconds so that I may use Hidden Strike more often would be Great! (*to counter Stealth Rez abuse, it applies a CD to Revive of 1 min)?

Additionally (*requiring the above suggestion aswell) a small Movement increase/buff comming out of stealth (6 seconds) would go along way in closing some of those distances in PVP

Edited by Woodynz

PvE point of View

Lethality:

1. Depending on who you say is other classes, if i run random pugs, random people complain because they doesnt know what they saying, the usual Hate against operatives for no apparent reason, same thing people are posting here... in a real raid Parsing, and with real performance, everyone shut up when they see my numbers, never had a single complain.

2. By far the most Overpowered Mdps Class atm, highest number... probably highest Burst, Sustaine, / Dots / under 30% medium power execute... Stealth rez, 100% threat drop, Heals, Range and Melee dps... perfect atm, the only thing is, if you intend to do more fights like Styrak NiM... give us leg shot, we cant be more useless there -.-...

Concealment:

1- Same above

2- even with speed boost, and higher burst, the fight really lack some aspect that makes lethality OP, the dots for movement, the extra range... even if dummy parse almost as high, really hard to perform well with it in ops compared to lethality, too much RNG with collateral dmg proc.

Healer:

1- usually people like OP healers, no complains.

2- they are good overall, theres really small changes i would add to it, maybe Kolto infusion should give armor buff or small 10% absorb shield on target, kind of like Merc Proactive medicine... or have Nanotech giving a 3% healing boost like Mercs, think even if good, a mix of 2 op healers together lose some good / most of the good buffs from other healer classes.

Concealment (PvP only opinion) - Solid offence but damage mitigation is poor. I think others know that if they don't let us go back into stealth after a kill we can't take much damage and will be forced to roll (exfiltrate) away. Roots, snares and stuns to finish us off. The roll is where the core of our defence is.

Concealment (PvP only opinion) - Solid damage capability. Solid defence becasue of roll (exfiltrate). Roll spam has gotten me out plenty of bad situations. Plenty of crowd control.

1. Hmmm. Others often call the Operative Healing tree overpowered. I disagree. We need more HoTs and more instants.

2. My Healing tree is really underpowered. My survivability is really low. My only useful instant is Surgical Probe, which I can't spam fast enough due to GCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Operative Healer since 2 months after launch; mainly a 1-toon player thru PvP and PvE. Focused mainly on PvP since return to game.

Healer Spec:

Generally considered OP in PvP, hard to kill as others have mentioned. Too mobile and cheap because of Exfiltrate. etc

Generally, considered solid raid healer in PvE. Very limited in exposure to raiding since I've been back sadly.

Healer Spec:

Generally speaking, I agree the class is on par with other classes of same skill/gear in PvP(though lacking in team utility), but I'll focus on my niche perception to give broader feedback. I mainly perceive the class is now, sadly, less interactive, more spam heavy, and generally weaker in single target. With Infusion before(for those that used it and properly), it provided that timely 2x spam for heavy single target damage. Planning energy/TA was tough, but rewarding. Now, the PvP rotation now seems to be spam surgical probe and kolto probe while activating Recup and Inf when up. Try using Inj and you're interrupted with no alternative, though it doesn't matter anyways. PvE = same, but actually using Inj. It's fairly boring and healing seems too linear and easy. The energy and TA system seems much less tuned as well, constantly finding myself with tons of TA's and SP as my only outlet in PvP. Only using KP and SP primarily, always have an excess of energy so the difficulty dropped, as such the reward.

Generally speaking, while the class became more efficient at raid heals(which I love), the single target is bad now and thus the versatility has suffered. (Exfiltrate is the bomb though!)

Edit: Huh. I only looked at the last page or so of responses before posting, but looking at the front page again, did this thread get necroed? I only looked for the thread because I saw one in the first page of the Sorc forum, which also appears to have been necroed >.< Edited by Solloby

I play all 3 operative specs frequently in unranked warzones, but only play heal spec in ranked because it is the only viable ranked spec. Here is how I think each spec is perceived in terms of pvp:

Medicine: Strongest pvp spec because it has the most uptime and mobility, which gives them both the most healing output and makes them the least squishy of the healing classes

Concealment: Very strong opener but useless after that because they are too squishy and do not have enough burst/sustained dps

Lethality: Great burst and damage output, but why would a ranked team take a lethality operative when a rage marauder can outperform them in everything AND live longer?

Medicine: It takes skill to play properly but once you learn how to play it it is definitely the strongest pvp healing class in the game.

Concealment: I LOVE this spec and want to play it but it is broken. You can't compete with marauders because you cant do as much damage and have much less survivability. I play it for fun but it has no place in ranked warzones

Lethality: This spec is a little clunky for an operative. When played right it does great damage but, again, you are far too squishy compared to marauders. Therefore, I play it for fun but this spec has no place in ranked warzones

Overall: If I want to play this class in ranked pvp I am forced to be healing spec :(