I'm choosing based on animation: - where can i get a preview?

Macetheace

Okay... one thing i love aobut this game is that every ability has a different animation.

At this point in time, I am choosing a skill tree based on what those 2 -unique abilities actually look like. Although I have been looking at skill trees to see how they modify some of my favourite abilities, the animation for the ability is quite important to me and the principle choicee. Same but to a less extent for the spell visual. So question... how can I get a preview?

Atm, I have a Jedi Guardian, Sith Marauder & Jedi Sage [kicking of an Imperial Agent soon] - but the problem is I have no way of seeing what the animations are for the melee, or for the jedi caster, the spell visual

[on a side note, it would have been nice if the animations for using force abilities on Sages and Sorcerors were a bit more varied..i know the spell effects are different.. atm, i count 2 on the Sage - the one where he sorta flicks one hand, and another where he raises it in the air - would be nice if they had a differenet one for each force ability.

Also, the only animaiton I don't quite like about the sage is telekinetic throw...it's like a pebble throw meh - couldn't they like have you pick up 1 target and throw it into another? Now that would have been cool, and if there were no targets then you get the pebbles. Same for project.. if they had made objects moveable, would be cool to actually uproot the whole bar in the canteen and throw it at an attack or the tree.

What they could do for large objects like Trees or say mountain or in a cave, rather than throw the object, the force ability will cause the tree to fall or that portion of the cave to collapse. you simply just click on the area of the cave or the tree. or if it is a smaller object, it throws it. When there are no objects around then it uses the project animation]

Anyway.. back to topic, where can I get a preview of the animations of the skill tree abilities? or can someone make a high-rez video?

1. Your ideas about telekinetic animations are completely infeasible in an MMO that has to deal with server communication and latency, not to mention in a game designed to work on a fairly wide range of systems. The Force Unleashed is designed with an engine and gameplay system completely around this one idea -- you can't implement something like that in a game where it would only matter for 1/16 of the classes in it.

2. You can always respec, so why not just go for the tree you like the most and see for yourself. If you don't like the animations, then try a different one.

if you'd be so kind as to explain how that is quite impossible I'd be grateful.

for the rocks folling on your head, i was thinking you click on the ability, a targetting reticule appears... if you clicko on the cave wall, your screen vibrates mimcking a cave in, and you see animation of rocks falling .. does damage to anyone in an x radius of the wall.

for the trees, same thing, you just clickon the trees.. now .. i remember in wow, for e.g. in Azshara, you could cut trees down and they fall, I don't see how this is different.. you just have some trees targetable., just like you'll have some objects that can move..the animaiton will project the object to your current target. clickon the ability, then click the object..whether it be a person or a box and watch it fly. if making objects movable for such a small percentage i.e. 1/16 is too much, then i'd settle for being able to pick one person up and throw them.

Relying on the environment that much would make many of those abilities unpredictable and useless in certain conditions. The devs would have to make sure there was a constant supply of rocks, trees, and other objects for you to use. And the physics involved to make it realistic and useful would be either not worth it or underdone and look lame.

To properly balance an MMO, they need to have predictable behavior and outcomes. This means abilities need to inherently function regardless of your environment. Most players also hate, and i'm using the word "hate" here - not "dislike," losing control of themselves. Things like stuns, slows, and knockbacks are bad enough. Giving you the ability to pick up another player and throw them where you want would just create far too many opportunities for abuse. All in all, just not worth it.

i applaud the OP's desire to choose his skill tree talents based on appearance, rather than effect(iveness). while many of us will make similar aesthetic choices when it comes to the appearance of things like our gear or during character creation, those things are more just cosmetic and superficial. i do not think that we would extend the same methodology to things that actually impact what our characters are able to do. though some may come very close when it comes to what type of weapon or armor to wear - do i use a single-handed weapon or a two-hander? do i want the freedom of movement and look of light armor, or the protective capability of something heavier?

the OP's decision to make choices for his character based on such ideas shows a certain dedication, not to a play-style so much as a vision that they have for their character. i had never thought to think of things this way - or to this extent - and am left with much to mull over.