Guide: Vanity Pets

Phlar

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1.3 On Balmorra (imperials only) Unusual egg spawn at -1781 137. Go into the lake where Grandfather is and head north you should hit an exhaustion zone and on your right will be a little alcove off the lake. There are 2 nests there but I am unsure if there are eggs at both or just 1. When I arrived only 1 egg was spawned Edited by Maxumus

I have already posted that Maxumus with pictures and everything. I wonder if there are more nests on Balmorra because I never found any more. Someone with a Republic character should check around on Taris. Edited by Orlesian

I have already posted that Maxumus with pictures and everything. I wonder if there are more nests on Balmorra because I never found any more. Someone with a Republic character should check around on Taris.

Ah sorry. Didn't see it on the main page and posted as I found it. I kinda think there are 2 on balmorra but just a guess. I have a level 50 pub on PTS so I will give that a search too

• 2 weeks later...

The two PvP pets (Lawgriffarl and Lobelsik) Are 2000 Wz Comms and 1000 Ranked Wz Comms. Valor (70) req.

Got my Akk dog today, hes larger than the other pets i've got.

(add these to the main list plz! :3)

Also, do we know of other pets that may have snuck in? O.o

-W

The two PvP pets (Lawgriffarl and Lobelsik) Are 2000 Wz Comms and 1000 Ranked Wz Comms. Valor (70) req.

Got my Akk dog today, hes larger than the other pets i've got.

(add these to the main list plz! :3)

Also, do we know of other pets that may have snuck in? O.o

-W

Apparently there are a total of 6 (3 Akk Dogs and 3 Lobels) but obviously, 4 of those are still a mystery. However, considering it was sets of 3 in 1.2--I wouldn't be surprised if they were possible to get despite not being mentioned. Hoping this thread can be used for research again with finding the newest ones.

This thread really needs to be updated though.

Edited by Jenemi

I know several guilds on my server that have killed Nightmare Pilgrim. No news about a pet though. Similarly, despite lots of people running Nightmare, have not heard of anything besides the pet from Karagga which can drop on any difficulty.

Personally, I really hope they wouldn't make a one difficulty only thing in an Operation :/ Flashpoints I can understand, but not Operations.

My guild has downed the Nightmare Pilgrim three straight weeks and I've never seen a pet (or anything else other than gear) drop. We've downed Kephess on Denova hard mode weekly for almost two months and I've never once seen a Wondrous Egg (though the black and red speeder has dropped twice).

Those are admittedly small sample sizes, so if the odds are on par with Karagga's Hat or the thrall droid pet, they could be very rare indeed.

I've probably done HM Lost Island thirty times and never once seen either pet drop (though I know the Mysterious Egg dropped for a guildmate during one of his runs a while back, and I bought it off him).

I was hoping the same thing but it just doesn't make sense. Out of all the trio pets all had one u had a puzzle of sorts to find it (Orokeet, Crimson Rakling, and Taunlet) and one that dropped from new content (Orosquab, Orochick, Taunta, and Midnight Rakling). Since there is no new content I believed it was only safe to assume that the drops would be from previous content.

My guild has downed the Nightmare Pilgrim three straight weeks and I've never seen a pet (or anything else other than gear) drop. We've downed Kephess on Denova hard mode weekly for almost two months and I've never once seen a Wondrous Egg (though the black and red speeder has dropped twice).

Those are admittedly small sample sizes, so if the odds are on par with Karagga's Hat or the thrall droid pet, they could be very rare indeed.

I've probably done HM Lost Island thirty times and never once seen either pet drop (though I know the Mysterious Egg dropped for a guildmate during one of his runs a while back, and I bought it off him).

Though, the pet was found within 2 months from Karagga and I've actually seen a lot of people with it and the hat. I'd like to think at this rate with the amount of people doing it, if it's true, it should've been found by now.

Oh god, Lost Island. I finally saw it twice last week (getting it the second time), but it took a long time of me doing it before I did. Never saw the Mysterious Egg, however, so glad I bought it off the GTN.

I was hoping the same thing but it just doesn't make sense. Out of all the trio pets all had one u had a puzzle of sorts to find it (Orokeet, Crimson Rakling, and Taunlet) and one that dropped from new content (Orosquab, Orochick, Taunta, and Midnight Rakling). Since there is no new content I believed it was only safe to assume that the drops would be from previous content.

1. Orochick isn't confirmed to drop from anywhere yet :( Just confirmed to be ingame.

2. Taunta is the one you buy from the Collector's Edition Vendor. Taunling, however, does drop from Gargath who has always been around.

But yes, it is partially true, the trios have been:

Exploration/Questing:

Crimson Rakling

Taunlet

Orokeet/Unusual Egg

Dropped:

Midnight Rakling

Taunling

Orosquab/Mysterious Egg

Purchased:

Pale Rakling

Taunta

??? - Could be that the Orochick/Wonderous/Wondrous egg needs to be purchased, but where? I'd like to think someone would've stumbled across it by now if so, but there are people who still didn't know you could purchase Taunta an an example. And it's possible a new/secret vendor was put in as well. Anyone feel like exploring?

Edited by Jenemi

• 4 weeks later...
Lost island isnt on Denova, its on ord mantell. And I have a taunlet, you need to eat ice scrabbled jerky for buff, and use a NVCCS (or whatever) on a crevice in the south-east corner in the pit surrounding the chilling death spire on Hoth. Little taunlet appears, use NVCCS on it. Check YouTube for exact location.

And I have a taunlet, you need to eat ice scrabbled jerky for buff, and use a NVCCS (or whatever) on a crevice in the south-east corner in the pit surrounding the chilling death spire on Hoth. Little taunlet appears, use NVCCS on it. Check YouTube for exact location.

This is common knowledge at this point.