Near-Weekly Update: "Role-In-Need" Roleplay Events / Scenario Suggestions Welcome

Ahl-Vinn

TIP: Use the combination of Shift+Click on the screenshot links, to open a new window to view the screenshots; They are hosted at Google Photos, and this will prevent you from navigating away from SWTOR.com in your main window - despite what the prompt will say.

INTRODUCING "ROLE-IN-NEED" ROLEPLAYS

As the Roleplay Headmaster of the Sage School within <THE JEDl ORDER>, yours truly is host to many Roleplay events and functions, within the guild-community (meaning all 6 of our guilds). This quarter marks the 12th term of Ahlvis No'vaik upon the Council - and with this quarter comes a new type of Roleplay event that our community will be host to: "Role-In-Need" Roleplay events.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DU5rD47DC4P8XUpE8

A screenshot of our very first "Role-In-Need" Roleplay event, this past week. One observer for the event commented that it was probably un-wise to break the news being delivered while cliff-side, given the potential for emotion in receiving such news....

During the event, three volunteers were had. They were presented with the option of Drama or Comedy. A scenario was given, and then yours truly queue'd in the volunteer to their part in the scenario with some initial dialogue. This was all script-free asides from the scenario ideas. The scenarios played out between us this week were:

(1) COMEDY - With the galaxy recently back at war, new supply/shower/dietary restrictions are in-place for all Jedi upon Planet Tython. The volunteer has some.... *creative* complaints about the shortages and the rationing.

(2) DRAMA - The volunteer has recently discovered that the accident that orphaned him actually had survivors, from his family. However, he is being told now that his request to the Council to meet these family members has been denied.

(3) DRAMA - The volunteer is meeting with a representative of the Jedi Council to learn that their life-long dream of seeking Knighthood within the Order has been ruled impossible, as they are too weak with the Force.

Each of these scenarios was played out between yours truly as the host and a different volunteer, each round. As predicted, this lasted about 35-40 minutes, and provided an outlet for Roleplay. The volunteers didn't have to commit what occured into their characters' canon lore - but it was an option to establish such occurances and experiences.

Yours truly will seek to keep this thread updated with the scenarios that we end up playing out, in these events - and am very open to suggestions for more such short "Role-In-Need"'s!

• 1 month later...

TIP: Use the combination of Shift+Click on the screenshot links, to open a new window to view the screenshots; They are hosted at Google Photos, and this will prevent you from navigating away from SWTOR.com in your main window - despite what the prompt will say.

Well, as it turns out, I *don't* think I'll be getting around to updating this thread every week! Planning and hosting events combined with all the stuff I do IRL and for the admin of the guild leaves little time for forums-recaps! However, I'll still do my best to update this thread, as to encourage ideas and suggestions.

In this week's update, I'll detail one of our "Council RP"s. Between two of our sister guilds' ceremonies, yours truly had timed an event to have several of our officers available on their Council toons. We met in our guild's Stronghold, in our version of the Jedi Council chambers. Therein, volunteers brought up either their own scenarios, or took a suggestion from yours truly. My best screenshot, from this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G1afzQiJGm6RGFTE7

Ideally, we were to orchestrate three scenarios, but we were running on borrowed time; the two events this fell between also take time to setup and disperse, from - so we only had time to play out two scenarios, this time. In the first scenario, Master Yimira brought up a personal RP matter with the Council. The exchanges are all un-scripted, as they only follow an original premise. Yimira had a chance to go back-and-forth with the Council on what she viewed as in-action, thus far. As such, we RP-ordered a full investigation, but also played down resources. In the end, it was decided to assemble a team from Shadows and sources within our Republic Privateers sister-guild.

In the second scenario, a volunteer accepted a suggestion, based on COMEDY (the options are comedy or drama). As such, the volunteer - Knight Lhaertis - had no idea what the scenario would be, ahead of time! However, he was able to pick up on our queues, about being called before the Council to explain "how it was that an Elder Jedi in his care had passed away, during still-body meditation - and why it took nearly three days to realize this". Many expressed enjoyment at the premise, and Lhaertis had some awesome responses. In fact, he even threw in his own addition to the premise, in which he'd obtained a nearby rock that appeared to be humming - just as the Elder Jedi had been quite notoriously fond of doing. In the end, the scenario played out to the determination that the Elder was likely attempting to project his conscious self into the rock - except something went wrong! A twist we'd neither planned on, nor had any inkling of knowing ahead of time that this is how the scenario would play out - a true exercise in RP!

Yours truly will attempt to keep up with updates, moving forward - even if they are not weekly. Again, any of your suggestions for 10-15 minute RP scenarios are welcomed, and encouraged!

Edited by Ahl-Vinn

This week was unexpectedly busy, for yours truly! Due to a resignation, you are now reading the words of the new GM of our sister-guild, <THE SlTH ORDER>. As such, expect a marked change from Jedi-dominant RP events to Sith-dominant RP events; An officer in our community is an officer in all 6 of our guilds, but some serve more-advanced officer functions within specific guilds.

Not to digress to far, this change brought about some unique RP opportunities that were certainly acted upon!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gwWEgumfhdk5DfEX6

The first SlTH weekly ceremony yours truly presided over. It was a packed house, as many within the community wanted to see how the shift of command would play out, be explained RP-wise, etc. Yours truly also started quite early with recruitment efforts, so a few of the inductees are brand new to our community, this week.

Ultimately, Amedeo's arrival on the scene was mostly subjective-RP tied into his mannerisms while commanding the event. A brief explaination of Amedeo's disdain for many on their sect's Dark Council was given, as he viewed them as having wasted years in trying to influence eachother - while he'd been off with campaigns and serving at the feet of the High Dark Council, on Dromund Kaas. In courting their favor, he'd been able to remove the previous Lord Voice (SlTH's GM's title) with a simple request. Promises of empowering victories were made, and the rest of the event flowed as we would normally orchestrate it - except the location of it's finish.

While the new initiates were duelled and tested on Korriban, the challenge-duels were moved to our new Dark Council Chamber, to consecrate the newly-rennovated guild flagship. The initiates then took their oaths of fealty to our sect of the Sith, and that event finsihed. HOWEVER - yours truly has always believed the time immediately following a guild's weekly ceremony to be the single most-prime time to host a guild event. As such, the RP event that followed was well-attended!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/brAZHAaY8kAxJ6Lx7

In order to maximize attendance, this event not only followed the weekly guild ceremony - it also took place in the very place we decided to end the 3rd phase of our weekly guild ceremony!

This is where the real RP comes in, and is a point that your input is appreciated, for. The Dark Council was seated, and the new Lord Voice, Darth Amedeo, heard affairs of his new court. In these "Council RP's", affairs from members of the Order are brought before the ears of the Dark Council, for role-play purposes. Volunteers come up and RP with myself and the Council, either bringing forward their own scenario, or taking up a "role-in-need" by accepting the queues and suggestions provided by yours truly, for either a comedic or dramatic scenario that I bring forward. The scenario plays out, and I usually try to round each scenario out to take up about 10-15 minutes.

The first scenario was a Sith seeking a leave of his normal duties for the Sith Order, for time to hunt down and kill his brother. Obviously, there's some bad blood there, so I did queue him for further details and motivations. We got more out of him, but there wasn't much to do with this one, so he was quickly given leave. The second secnario was a Sith Lord seeking to take one of our members as an Apprentice (part of our ranking and RP systems). In this one, I was able to queue the Council for objections or inquiries, as to why our volunteer might not be capable of training another to be Sith, and an entertaining and tense exchange played out between one of our Dark Council and the petitioning Lord.

With the third scenario, our volunteer accepted a suggestion, and I figured comedy would be the way to go. As such, the Lord Voice had received notification that a traffic incident involving the volunteer in Kaas City saw the overturn and spill of a large amount of garbage - but not just ANY garbage; This was the garbage from the Dark Council and the class of Sith that live adjacent to the residences of the Dark Council! As such, death threats had been flying, as something so private (and potentially full of assorted pieces of evidence) is not made available to the public lightly. I wasn't certain where to take the bit, until we decided to try to figure out which well-known Sith might be sending the death threats, as to appease them - so we started to go over what types of death threats he'd been receiving. Here, the Dark Council was asked to chime in, and we began asking if the volunteer had received the most-comedically possible types of death threats.

Overall, this night played out well, and was lined up in such a way as to reach the most guild-members possible. However, I'll be needing more scenarios for the role-in-need types of Roleplays, such as the second of these two events made some use of. If anyone has suggestions for either Drama or Comedy scenarios we can play out, at these, then your input is always welcome!