So about the cost to craft 69 armorings/mods....

Hanonar

Is making the 69 mods/armorings worth it if they require a mass manipulation generator to make? Or are MMG costs too high of a cost to make crafting the 69s worth it?

I kind of RE'd just cuz I could and now I am thinking about it realizing the cost of making the 69s vs cost... and from what I have heard it sounds like the (72s?) use an MMG too...

Basically, is crafting 69s worth the 400k cost of an MMG?

Edited by Hanonar

I think the kind of thing that steadily sells are 31s hilts/barrels since they are highest level you can get without clearing the hm ops. Perhaps some enhancements, since the ones with comm gear are garbage mostly. But 69s are a waste imo

Just this morning I did rough math on the materials vs value of finished products.

Even crafted 72s are not worth it: they sell for 900k to 1mil, but the materials are valued at over 1mil. So one is COMPLETELY dependent on crits to profit. And even then it's a relatively small profit margin. Easy numbers:

costs 5 million to craft 5 armorings or mods

assume the ~20% crit chance always hits: craft 5 get 6

sell those six for 900k each that 5.4mil (without the GTM cut)

that's 400k profit

that's an 8% profit margin.

Take out the several thousand each GTM cut and you are probably down to a 7% margin.

Now I know why there are so many who craft those items for free with mats.

MMG had to be removed from 69s when they become basic gear.

But crafting is not top priority from the time of CM add.

I have been meaning to ask this question: please name one game where crafting is a "top priority".

Yes, there are certain games with above average crafting systems, but no game I have EVER played had a crafting system that was a "top priority" for the developers.

Edited by psandak

I have been meaning to ask this question: please name one game where crafting is a "top priority".

Yes, there are certain games with above average crafting systems, but no game I have EVER played had a crafting system that was a "top priority" for the developers.

SWG did. It even had dedicated crafting classes (professions) with minimal (virtually zero) combat abilities.

You'd think people would be embarrassed to express the anecdotal fallacy "I've never seen ... so it doesn't exist" without, at the very least, a cursory google search but I guess not.

SWG did. It even had dedicated crafting classes (professions) with minimal (virtually zero) combat abilities.

You'd think people would be embarrassed to express the anecdotal fallacy "I've never seen ... so it doesn't exist" without, at the very least, a cursory google search but I guess not.

I never said anything of the sort. I admit my MMO experience is limited and was honestly curious. That being said, I already knew about SWG and forgot to exclude it. So please name another game.

I never said anything of the sort. I admit my MMO experience is limited and was honestly curious. That being said, I already knew about SWG and forgot to exclude it. So please name another game.

Do you not think it deflates the point that no MMO has ever included crafting as a high priority if you start arbitrarily excluding games that included crafting as a high priority?

Your best bet to make money off of either 69 or 72's is to spam fleet for a few minutes saying you will craft "(insert item names here) free with your mats (or mats + tip)". Then proceed to sell your crits from their mats on the GTN as long as you didn't work out a deal that they get the crits as well.