Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

9 toons transfered in minutes thanks

Also why wasn't this tool released months ago? I used it to transfer to the Apac servers well over a year ago and used the exact same tool to transfer back both times worked without a hitch. it makes me wonder If this was available We would of sorted out our own population issue without the months upon months of spamming this thread trying to get a reply And we probably would still have an Apac server.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So 12 hours ago I raised an issue with a locked character only to be advised it was fixed... BUT IT IS NOT. I mean does BW really care about the lack of customer service they are providing.

Haha, don't mean to be rude, but on the APAC Servers and here recently "Bioware" has become synonymous with "bad customer service."

BW is no working on it, they dont care. They have your money and could not give a **** about what happens next. There are problems but do you think they will fix them in an efficient manor? **** no. I have characters locked and do not know what is being done about it oh hang on they could be designing the next janitor uniform for the cartel market. I was a big supporter of this move but the constant **** arounds I have been getting over the past month has soured any enjoyment I get out of this game. Warhammer online died because of the ******** customer service and lip service they provided their community. You are doing the same thing and you are heading the same way.

Raging? *********** oath... Would I type the same thing if I was calm? Yes, maybe a little more PG friendly.

BW is no working on it, they dont care. They have your money and could not give a **** about what happens next. There are problems but do you think they will fix them in an efficient manor? **** no. I have characters locked and do not know what is being done about it oh hang on they could be designing the next janitor uniform for the cartel market. I was a big supporter of this move but the constant **** arounds I have been getting over the past month has soured any enjoyment I get out of this game. Warhammer online died because of the ******** customer service and lip service they provided their community. You are doing the same thing and you are heading the same way.

Raging? *********** oath... Would I type the same thing if I was calm? Yes, maybe a little more PG friendly.

And what do Warhammer Online and SWTOR have in common? ;)

There's a lot of us who want this answered. I assume they are working on it.

As for the "fix" from this morning, it's still not working for me either. As for working on it, they're likely all in bed, and no chance of anything being done prior to midnight AEST.

Looks as though we are the transfer guinea pigs before it is opened up to the US and EU players.

I have 13 Character slots open <1 paid for>... BUT I can only transfer 12 of my characters... how do i get this fixed?

I asked this question about 6 weeks ago, it went unanswered... re what happens if you have more than 12 etc

I am sure that they will work on it and get it fixed. Please remember that APAC is about 14 hours in time difference.

Unfortunately your prime time is in the middle of the night here in the US. I would assume that everyone went home for the night. Now that it is morning they will get back on the job and try to fix the problems.

I empathize with you, but I would not expect any official word for a couple of more hours.

Skype call BioWare US on 1855 something something something (you can find it on swtor.com) and actually talk to a CS not some psuedo-CS keyboard monkey that hangs around here.. an ACTUAL CS rep.. I did and my problem (6 toons locked with failed xfers) was fixed in 35 mins with a lovely CS lady walking me through, talking to me, explaining things etc (25 mins with her, 10 with her supervisor giving as much praise and positive feedback as i could). We both even tested the toons to make sure the xfer's worked properly.

I learnt a lesson today, for anything CS (Customer Service) related thats not a readily identifiable (as in has been fixed or openly being investigated) problem, call BW.. seriously save yourselves the god knows how long time and hassle. I'll be online now and tomorrow while some poor buggers are still trying to solve their locked toons problem.

Oh.. and in before some moron goes ZOMGTEHYELLOWZ!!!!... My toons where locked but UNRELATED TO PTS!!, I've NEVER BEEN ON PTS!.

There was 1.. 1 dev post that mentions my issue.. but only for the PTS flavoured edition, not locked cos something screwed up and we don't know what.

• Dev Post

Hi guys,

Sorry about the troubles today, but we are actively working to get you all into the game and onto the servers you select.

First of all, we were having an issue earlier where the website was preventing moves if you had 12 characters on the destination, even if you had purchased character slots. That issue should be completely resolved, so if you have purchased additional character slots, you will be able to transfer characters up to that limit.

Next, we did have a problem early yesterday where if a transfer failed for any reason (most were due to having all the character slots full on the destination) the source character was being locked, which also locked the account. When that happened, you would get kicked back to server select each time you tried to log in with a maintenance message. We looked into that yesterday, found a problem, and fixed it.

However, it sounds like many of you are still having lockouts. We’ve looked at the server logs for almost all the people who have posted since we put in the fix, and we know this is a different problem from the original one, but we don’t have enough information yet to narrow down the problem.

If you are still having issues with logging into Australia servers after a failed transfer, can you give us the following information?

1. Can you try relaunching your client and connecting to the AU server?

2. When you connect to the server, do you get immediately kicked back to shard select? If so, is it the same maintenance error from earlier?

3. Did you try your first transfer early in the transfer process? Is there anyone who is having the lockout problem who didn't try a transfer shortly after they opened?

4. Can you post in a spoiler tag the contents of the most recent client log file (for default installations, it’s located in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs)

Thanks for the help, and we’ll try to get you in and playing as soon as possible!

Honestly, Bioware have annoyed me to no end and really put a downer on this game for me. I was happy with things exactly as they were (anyone who thinks the population was an issue, needs to actually think about the realities of trying to do the exact same PVE mission as upteen dozen other players at the same time and waiting for respawns).

Now I need to move servers where I have no guarantee of even being able to keep the same character names, have to try and find guild mates who may not (and probably wont) even be able to be tracked down because chances are their names have changed and my minimal lag is going to blow out like nobody's business. They're not even giving a shortlist of recommended servers to minimise lag (I currently only get about 20ms lag the vast bulk of the time) - meaning that if we get it wrong, then we have to keep paying until we find the ideal server.

Seriously, if the Aust population of players deserts like flies, it wont be because of demand, it will be because of crap like this. Way to crap all over customers who for the most part, were completely happy before this. Keep it up Bioware and at the rate you're going, you guys will be the inspiration to a sequel to the movie "How To Lose Friends and Alienate People".

I have 13 Character slots open <1 paid for>... BUT I can only transfer 12 of my characters... how do i get this fixed?

seems to be fixed now, just did a transfer from Dab to Harb that I couldn't do yesterday due to the 12 toon lock-out.

Hey Jen,

Cheers for the update regarding transfers, however my problem is a little different to what you have requested additional info for.

One of my characters which failed to transfer due to all my character slots being full on the destination server is now locked out of being able to be transferred. I can still log on to this character on my origin server, and I can still log on to my other successfully-transferred characters on my destination server, I just can't initiate the transfer processes for that previously-failed character.

Edited by ambitiousapple

Hi guys,

Sorry about the troubles today, but we are actively working to get you all into the game and onto the servers you select.

First of all, we were having an issue earlier where the website was preventing moves if you had 12 characters on the destination, even if you had purchased character slots. That issue should be completely resolved, so if you have purchased additional character slots, you will be able to transfer characters up to that limit.

Next, we did have a problem early yesterday where if a transfer failed for any reason (most were due to having all the character slots full on the destination) the source character was being locked, which also locked the account. When that happened, you would get kicked back to server select each time you tried to log in with a maintenance message. We looked into that yesterday, found a problem, and fixed it.

However, it sounds like many of you are still having lockouts. We’ve looked at the server logs for almost all the people who have posted since we put in the fix, and we know this is a different problem from the original one, but we don’t have enough information yet to narrow down the problem.

If you are still having issues with logging into Australia servers after a failed transfer, can you give us the following information?

1. Can you try relaunching your client and connecting to the AU server?

2. When you connect to the server, do you get immediately kicked back to shard select? If so, is it the same maintenance error from earlier?

3. Did you try your first transfer early in the transfer process? Is there anyone who is having the lockout problem who didn't try a transfer shortly after they opened?

4. Can you post in a spoiler tag the contents of the most recent client log file (for default installations, it’s located in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs)

Thanks for the help, and we’ll try to get you in and playing as soon as possible!

This still didn't answer my question about character slots. I have 12 with sub and 5 bought. I wish to move them to the chosen server. On the new server, I have no characters its a clean slate. Will all my characters transfer? If so will I be blocked from making more characters until I delete 6 of them or will I be able to buy more slots once transferred?

This still didn't answer my question about character slots. I have 12 with sub and 5 bought. I wish to move them to the chosen server. On the new server, I have no characters its a clean slate. Will all my characters transfer? If so will I be blocked from making more characters until I delete 6 of them or will I be able to buy more slots once transferred?

Purchased character slots are account-wide. If you've got 5, you have 17 slots on the destination as well. All 17 characters should transfer without buying more.

Purchased character slots are account-wide. If you've got 5, you have 17 slots on the destination as well. All 17 characters should transfer without buying more.

That's cool, but what if I get to the new server and want to buy another slot for a character? Will I be able to? Someone stated a while ago that they were able to move all their 16 characters but were barred from making any new ones until they had gotten the numbers down to below 11. Deleting characters is not an option for me

They're not even giving a shortlist of recommended servers to minimise lag (I currently only get about 20ms lag the vast bulk of the time) - meaning that if we get it wrong, then we have to keep paying until we find the ideal server.

The closest servers are US west coast (e.g. The Harbinger). Ping is 170-200ms from Brisbane. I've been playing there since launch, no issues with PvE or PvP. But it's never going to be as good as local servers.

That's cool, but what if I get to the new server and want to buy another slot for a character? Will I be able to? Someone stated a while ago that they were able to move all their 16 characters but were barred from making any new ones until they had gotten the numbers down to below 11. Deleting characters is not an option for me

You'll never be required to delete any characters to make a new one, unless you've maxed out the slots you have. The situation mentioned was a bug which I think Musco said was resolved. But if you buy an extra character slot now and log onto the destination, you should see 0/18 active characters.

But no matter what, you'll be able to fill out your purchased slots. CS would fix anything that went wrong anyway. Best of luck!

I Believe that shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to move all your characters and if you feel like purchasing new slots up to the max of 22 it should be fine. If by the rare chance its not then at least you wont loose any of your characters you will just be limited to the amount you have till they fix the bug which shouldn't be a terrible thing because that would be a bug they would fix. So if it is a problem its not one you would have to put up for for long but as i said i don't believe it will be a issue for you i have 22 character slots and moved a good 18 toons and i am able to create new toons if i feel like it and am having no issue so you should be ok :)

Edited by Neozjt