Vanguard vs commando

Zanguar

Hi, i have now 16 lvl commando and must say... it is easy mode, i don't have problem with most of mobs.

Last night i made BH powertech, with will be tank, and i love his fighting thing on close distanse, using range if needed...

I wanted ask you how you feel bout Vanguard, is it worth trying, or even changing from commando for Vanguard... how is their survivality in pve?

I just got my vanguard to 22, prior to geting Elara I started not having trouble, but having to stop to heal up after ever single fight... all of them period end of discussion unless tightly clustered group of mobs and mortar was up... you have the lightning ability has a very narrow short cone so if they are spread misses quite a bit and also its channeled so you seem to lose time on it.

Every single fight I would end with very low to no ammo and low health... in walks Elara and every fight ends high or full health with max regen still on ammo, First thing I did once I got Elara was take on a level 19 champion level mob with 20k hp and I ended that fight with 60% life and max regen level on ammo ... its amazing the difference she makes to your quality of life.

I imagine you would have same issues on your powertech if you unclicked all of Mako's heals and just tried taking out a pack of mobs.

I almost gave up but its fine now!

I just got my vanguard to 22, prior to geting Elara I started not having trouble, but having to stop to heal up after ever single fight... all of them period end of discussion unless tightly clustered group of mobs and mortar was up... you have the lightning ability has a very narrow short cone so if they are spread misses quite a bit and also its channeled so you seem to lose time on it.

Every single fight I would end with very low to no ammo and low health... in walks Elara and every fight ends high or full health with max regen still on ammo, First thing I did once I got Elara was take on a level 19 champion level mob with 20k hp and I ended that fight with 60% life and max regen level on ammo ... its amazing the difference she makes to your quality of life.

I imagine you would have same issues on your powertech if you unclicked all of Mako's heals and just tried taking out a pack of mobs.

I almost gave up but its fine now!

Not really I never had that problem with powertech or vanguard. I never have my companions around unless fighting heroic mobs because I send them on crafting missions.

Vanguard is easy for questing/pve.

Edited by aRtFuL

• 4 months later...