Cross-faction "say"; a great tool, use it !

Luca

As far as I know, factions are allowed to speak to each other in "say" (therefore with chat bubbles when they will be implemented :p).

Bioware gave to us roleplayers a great (and kinda unexpected, IMO) gift in allowing this kind of communication! Use it, exploit (in a good way, I mean :p) it as much as you can.

Imagine the possibilities for cross-faction roleplaying events, plots, intrigues, betrayals, alliances...It potentially opens an enormous amount of big and small roleplaying actitivities that other games, with their communication barriers, aren't allowed to do :cool:

I wonder how useful this will be on RP-PVP servers, I mean, I absolutely love RP-PVP servers as it gives you the openness, but I'm assuming there will be people who simply go and attack you for whatever reason, I mean, with dialogue between the two characters, it would be fantastic, I would love that, but I'm worried people won't attempt to speak and will just jump and attack.

This is amazing news. Now I'm really looking forward to getting into this.

Now, I hope I haven't got ahead of myself: if nothing has changed since the end of August, cross faction communication is forbidden in planet chat, whispers etc. and it's allowed only in "local" (say). Hopefully someone who is playing will be able to confirm this :)

I wonder how useful this will be on RP-PVP servers, I mean, I absolutely love RP-PVP servers as it gives you the openness, but I'm assuming there will be people who simply go and attack you for whatever reason, I mean, with dialogue between the two characters, it would be fantastic, I would love that, but I'm worried people won't attempt to speak and will just jump and attack.

That's an inevitable consequence, we really can't do anything to prevent that kind of behaviour and just learn to live with it. Hopefully, from time to time, we'll meet a player of the opposite section who is willing to talk or at least create some sort of "situation" before the actual confrontation begins!

Obviously, that is going to happen with "casual" encounters: another thing is structuring battles between complying parts.

Different factions aren't allowed to attack each other in Nar Shadaa proper, for example, since the world is neutral. So in an rp-pvp server this is where /say and /yell would be used cross faction.

I always enjoy firing off a few quips during a fight. Even if its someone who 'jumps me'. I would usually respond "Ah HA! So you think you can take MEEEE?". To see that they will be able to read /say is great.

Now... if we can only get those chat bubbles working haha.